Chonburi: Man beaten to death for 'long phone call'

webfact

Man Punched To Death For 'Long Phone call'

By Khaosod Online

CHONBURI: -- A man was beaten to death last night by his friend in Chonburi Province reportedly because he had borrowed his friend′s cellphone for too long.

Responding to emergency calls about deadly fistfights, rescue workers found the body of Mr. Visan Kamdee, 31, in front of a petrol station in Mueang District. The police also arrested Mr. Kwanpai Wongkrachang in connection with the crime.

Mr. Kwanpai said he and Mr. Visan were on their way to work in Bangkok, when the car got into an accident near the petrol station. As the men waited for the insurance agents to show up, Mr. Kwanpai said, Mr. Visan borrowed his cellphone to talk with his girlfriend.

According to Mr. Kwanpai, Mr. Visan was taking a long time on the cellphone, so he asked Mr. Visan to hand the cellphone back. The suspect claimed Mr. Visan became incensed and threw the phone at his face, breaking the mobile phone, and the pair immediately started fighting with their bare fists.

Mr. Kwanpai said he was beating his friend until he was unconscious, and quickly realised that he was dead.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09UUXhNekU1Tmc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-17

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Thai's are very short tempered. I have failed to figure out the reason behind?

They are mostly emotionality retarded and have little self control, all this jai yen, land of smiles and sabai sabai is nonsense

Granted some people do have a short fuse, but a little harsh to say most are emotionally retarded.

• Like 1

Seems to me that Thai culture promotes getting along, being seemingly pleasant far too much. I know I have been accused of being "too harsh", which to me means saying what I mean and meaning what I say, no "pak wan" sugar coating. And we have gradations of anger responses. Here it is like Mt St Helens: fine until it pops.... the stress over rules the cultural inhibitions and they have no means to deal with it other than running amuk.

Most of Thai's are very short tempered. I have failed to figure out the reason behind?

They are mostly emotionality retarded and have little self control, all this jai yen, land of smiles and sabai sabai is nonsense

I'm afraid LOS is just tourist PR. Thais are no different to most Asians in that respect

It's just that they actually seem to believe they are.

-------------------------

Don't be fooled by the "Land of Smiles" BS the government tourist promoters peddle to foreigners.

For many poor Thais life is a constant struggle between what they see on television as the norm and what they have to do to survive ... especially in Bangkok or Chonburi.

Life in Thailand can be a daily struggle and many people are right on the edge of exploding ... all it takes is one spark to ignite the fire.

The life style they see in those soap operas on T.V. is something they just can't afford....and they are frustrated and ready to explode.

All it takes is one spark to set it off.

I agree with this explanation.

I would like to add further that the often semi- psychotic assaults on 'farangs' stems from this reality also.

Ordinary Thais are teased and frustrated by daily exposure to the unreachable world of the 'soaps' and the equally unreachable spending power of the 'farangs'.

The world of the soaps is ephemeral but the sight of 'farangs' drawing down many multiples of a Thai's weekly wage at ATMs (just for a night out) makes for a very real object of psychotic rage.