Thai editorial: Protect the goose that lays the golden egg

webfact

Still waiting on where i can get info on the Pattaya tourist court

Pattaya Provincial Court, Thappraya Road, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi. Tel: (038)252130-2, Fax: (038)252134, www.ptyc.coj.go.th

thanks

but reading this it does not mention court costs, translator fees, etc.

so are we to assume that this is a free service to foreigners?

I got to say, I don't regard Thailand as particularly dangerous. The occasional story gets into the media, because it is a story: "Gang of Thai Lady Boys Beats up Retired Couple from Poland"that is a media gold mine. Physical violence is a rarity, certainly where foreigners are concerned, and I would suspect, in a few of these cases the blame can be difficult to assign. Even the 'mafia' are a little over rated. If I were to suggest where one's concerns should be directed (and I am), then road safetyfix the roads, and trains (ummm).

IMO, it depends a great deal exactly where in Thailand you are talking about. I have no doubt that in many places in Thailand, your opinion is on the mark. In places like Pattaya and Phuket, your statement " Physical violence is a rarity, certainly where foreigners are concerned, " is total fiction. Both places tend to attract scum, both Falang scum and Thai scum. When friends, or anyone else, asked about visiting Thailand I specifically tell them to avoid both Pattaya and Phuket.