Diving In Phuket

kingrichard

HI ALL

IVE NEVER BEEN TO PHUKET BEFORE BUT AM GOING IN JUNE.

I WONDER IF ANYONE COULD RECOMMEND ME SOME DIVING?

I HAVE ADV PADI BUT DUE TO HAVING A YOUNG FAMILY WOULD PREFER SHORT DAY TRIPS, IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I HAVE DIVED IN SAMUI AND THEY CAN CATER FOR THIS (IE I WOULD PREFER 1-2 HOURS IN A SPEEDBOAT THAN 4-5 HOURS IN A CONVERTED FISHING BOAT).

IS DIVING IN JUNE GENERALLY GOOD ON WEST CAOST?

MANY THANKS.

HI ALL

IVE NEVER BEEN TO PHUKET BEFORE BUT AM GOING IN JUNE.

I WONDER IF ANYONE COULD RECOMMEND ME SOME DIVING?

I HAVE ADV PADI BUT DUE TO HAVING A YOUNG FAMILY WOULD PREFER SHORT DAY TRIPS, IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I HAVE DIVED IN SAMUI AND THEY CAN CATER FOR THIS (IE I WOULD PREFER 1-2 HOURS IN A SPEEDBOAT THAN 4-5 HOURS IN A CONVERTED FISHING BOAT).

IS DIVING IN JUNE GENERALLY GOOD ON WEST CAOST?

MANY THANKS.

Hi, I am afraid the previous posters are correct about the season. I did my very first dive in Phuket with Fantasea divers, they have a website and u can check out dive sites: most operators dive the same sites so it's gonna give u an idea of what to expect. Made it all the way to a PADI divemaster thanks to that very first instructor from fantasea, although he turned me into a (dive) addict!

you can always dive in phang nga. they operate trips all year round. friends of mine run a dive shop on koh yao noi and they have just this minute told me that they go all year round.

the good thing is that there wont be too many others doing it at the same time.

last time i went to anemone reef, it was like diver soup by the end of the dive. other divers were dropping in on me and my buddy, couldnt see a thing for the bubbles.

give me a quieter time any day.

Hi OP

The above are all correct about being 'out of season' HOWEVER, if you're gonna be here anyway you can still have a great days diving, just check out the weather forecast for the following day, assess the conditions for yourself (just like PADI taught you ;-) ) and book for the next day, there will be spaces! A mate of mine who runs a dive shop in Karon did good business last low season and said there were some great dive conditions to be had during that time on the day dive sites (King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai, Racha Yai etc.) So, yep you're gonna be here during low season but an equal yep, it is possible to have a great dive during this time too :-)