30 day visa exempt

Hello. I wonder if anyone could give me info on the rule regarding flight dates if i was to extend my tourist visa over land every 15 days up to the 90 day limit. Would i need a return flight dated for 30 days in order to enter the country or could it be dated for for the 90 day limit. I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

You cannot "extend" a tourist visa by exiting Thailand overland.

Nor is there a 90 day limit !

If you have a tourist visa then it can be extended by 30 days by application to your nearest immigration office.

What are you intending ?

Do you in fact have (or are intending to apply for) a tourist visa which will give you 60 days in country?

Thanks for the reply. No, i am married to a thai lady and we have a one year old daughter and have been whacked with the new non o rules as i dont have 800,000 baht in my bank or a monthly income of 65,000( i easily make that every month but am self employed so how can they expect me to make money when i am not here?!) i was just hoping now to visit my wife for a few months at the end of the year and just thought about arriving "visa free" and extending my stay by 15 days each time across the Lao border which is only about an hours drive from where we stay. I will only be staying for 3 months and can only see this way to achieve this. Unless i am not thinking sensibly about this!

"Unless i am not thinking sensibly about this!"

There are easier ways to stay a couple of months.

As already mentioned, a tourist visa will give you 60 days and can easily be extended for an additional 30 days for a total of 90 days.

Or, on any entry you can get a 60 day extension from immigration to visit your wife. You'd need to take your wife with you to your local immigration office along with your marriage certificate, her ID card and House Registration book. Some copies of your passport also.

I married to a Thai the financial requirement is 400,000 baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 income per month. The amounts you posted are for retirement extensions.

Apply for a single entry Non "O" visa with your marriage cert. and copies of your wife's ID card and house book.

The non "O" will give you 90 days and you can then apply for a 60 day extension to "visit your wife" using the same evidence.

edit

NB

when applying for the 60 day "extension" be sure to take your wife with you to the immigration office.

Edited by Sceptict11

Thanks for the reply. No, i am married to a thai lady and we have a one year old daughter and have been whacked with the new non o rules as i dont have 800,000 baht in my bank or a monthly income of 65,000( i easily make that every month but am self employed so how can they expect me to make money when i am not here?!) i was just hoping now to visit my wife for a few months at the end of the year and just thought about arriving "visa free" and extending my stay by 15 days each time across the Lao border which is only about an hours drive from where we stay. I will only be staying for 3 months and can only see this way to achieve this. Unless i am not thinking sensibly about this!

get a double or triple entry tourist visa

Thanks for the replies. Greatly appreciated. I have applied for a tourist visa and am still waiting for the visa. I am just wondering if because i have went on a marriage non o for the last couple of years, before the new rule came in, i may not get it, and instead be told to apply for a marriage non o.

I apologize for intruding on this posters subject but I have a question about a Visa. I have a friend who will be visiting for 45 days. He does not have a tourist Visa but will be coming in on a 30 Visa. We are going to visit Vietnam during his stay about 2 weeks into his trip. When he flies back to Thailand from Vietnam will he be issued a new 30 day stamp. Thanks.

If you have a tourist visa then it can be extended by 30 days by application to your nearest immigration office.

What are you intending ?

Do you in fact have (or are intending to apply for) a tourist visa which will give you 60 days in country?

Sceptict11,

Can a farang without a Thai wife also do what I have highlighted in red...??? If so, what do I have to produce at immigration and do you know how much this costs?

Cheers... smile.png

What are you intending ?

Sceptict11,

Can a farang without a Thai wife also do what I have highlighted in red...??? If so, what do I have to produce at immigration and do you know how much this costs?

Cheers... xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

Yes !

Go to immigration with your passport and 1900bht.

Fill in the form and you will get the 30 days

No need for a wife !laugh.png

If you have a 60 day tourist visa entry (not a 30 or 15 days visa exempt entry) you can easily get a 30 day extension at immigration.

Just need copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and GM6 departure card. Complete a TM7 application form and attach a 4cm X 6cm photo. Plus 1900 baht for fee.

Double Entry or Triple Entry Tourist Visas are available in Laos, near where you stay. If you are from one of the 30 Visa exempt countries you can go across every 15 days as far as I know there is no limit. Or obtain a Visa in your home country. I am not 100% sure if there is a limit on land crossing but by air there is not as I did it for two years going out every month. Fly to Singapore/KL and back same day.

What are you intending ?

Sceptict11,

Cheers... xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.4tUibSscbZ.webp

Yes !

Go to immigration with your passport and 1900bht.

Fill in the form and you will get the 30 days

No need for a wife !laugh.png

Thanks mate...