More provinces under water

Lite Beer

INUNDATION
More provinces under water
The Nation

30215357-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Many more provinces have been inundated as rain continues thanks to a low-pressure cell, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department said yesterday.

Train services between Ubon Ratchathani and Si Sa Ket's Kanthararom district were suspended yesterday after the track was flooded.

On Friday, the department announced that Surin, Kalasin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Phitsanulok, Ayutthaya and Angthong were under water.

As of press time yesterday, floods were also ravaging Buri Ram, Prachin Buri, Ranong, Chachoengsao, Nakhon Ratchasima, Sa Kaew and Pathum Thani.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-22

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other paper is reporting, several dams have begun releasing large volumes of water upstream, the domino effect has begun. Looks like Ayutthaya is gonna be sacrificed again.

YS is now working on her, "its only your imagination, you're not up to your neck in water" speech.

• Like 2

The other paper is reporting, several dams have begun releasing large volumes of water upstream, the domino effect has begun. Looks like Ayutthaya is gonna be sacrificed again.

YS is now working on her, "its only your imagination, you're not up to your neck in water" speech.

I wonder which country she will be in when she makes it ?

• Like 2

As far as I can tell, it has been raining very heavily in lots of provinces to the north and northeast of Thailand with many provinces being flooded. Since Thailand is a sloped country, this means that all of this water is going to flow downhill to Bangkok, doesn't it?

Can anyone confirm or refute my above statement? Additionally, does anyone know approximately when we can expect the runoff to hit Bangkok?

Yes some provinces are under water with more to come but there is no problem and there will not be and that's official, YL says so.

Wasn't it the Prime Minister who said do not worry about floods? What map was she looking at? Map of china or map of Thailand

• Like 1

When does this water all come down towards Northern Bangkok area,...

One of my professor's hoe in Pakrred is already flooded, as I see on his Facebook page...

Do you know if it is a regular thing for him to get flooded.... or a one in 50 year thing ? I mean all around there are always places that always flood. Here in Bangbuathong there are spots that flood every year.

Only just started raining here in Khon Kaen. been the driest rainy season I can remember... mind you been raining everywhere else up this way.

Ah ha.... So the prime minister y luck was addressing you guys! Makes sense khon Kane looking Bangkok thinking!

For information, I flew down to Bkk on the morning flight from Phitsanulok and arrived in Ban Chang at just before midday. Phits dry (there was a light rain all night but dried off), Bkk dry and sunny and Ban Chang the same. Didn't get any rain on the trip from Bkk to Ban Chang.

That said, it did look like a wet Thailand from the air, a lot of water about on the flight down.

PM urges public not to worry about flood situation.

This is what I was reading yesterday, is she changing her mind ???

Mind, what mind, I don't need no stinking mind to point at a map, go to Pakistan for talks and go to the EU to go shopping. Big Brother in Montenegro gave me a list. Do I need a mind for that?