What happened to the Woody's Sandwich Shop thread?

Shot

Libel and defamation laws are very strict in Thailand, thus TV doesn't usually allow people to name and shame.

Or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I received 9 email notifications of that post, a technical problem TV hasn't had in over a year.

Edited by NomadJoe

Thaivisa is not the platform for member's to air a personal grievance about a business for the purpose of naming and shaming.

Thaivisa rule 6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

This coming Sunday Woody is supposed to appear at the shop in Patong as part of a promotion for the new owner & I also assume to see some old faces from the computer clinics which are still held on an informal basis every Sunday at the Chalong shop.

Edited by Valentine

^ Yes I read that too. Hmm. seems someone didn't have their facts straight. lol

I also wonder why the sexual orientation of the owner is important to some.

Irishivan didn't say that the sexual orientation was important; he just described the new owner as a "gay Canadian man". Following your analysis of this factual statement (assuming it to be true), you could equally ask as to why the nationality or gender of the owner is important to some.

Edited by FrankBlunt

Irishivan didn't say that the sexual orientation was important; he just described the new owner as a "gay Canadian man".

He felt it was important enough to mention it in his post.

Following your analysis of this factual statement (assuming it to be true), you could equally ask as to why the nationality or gender of the owner is important to some.

Are you actually suggesting that mentioning the country of origin and the gender of a person is no different than mentioning a persons sexual preference? You do realize that the only reason a person would mention it is to ridicule. Just from II's previous posts we all know that is exactly how he meant it.

Look it was a typo. And just for the record everyone in Phuket is describrd as Canadian Joe, Gay Fred, Aussie Bob, Roy Katoey, or Fat Jim from Thalang. The reason is because there is such a transient population and a lot of the time people dont get a chance to learn peoples second names.