Is my friend blacklisted from Thailand?

Whatever the merits of the laws here or Holland how can it benefit children to have contact with someone seen as criminal in the local community.Perhaps the person inquestion might be better to invite his family to somewhere his lifestyle is not illegal.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to clarify some things on this thread.

No one gets 7 years in the slammer for a couple of reefers in his possession! Weed is a category 3 drug in Thailand and for a couple of packets you can get bail for 10,000 baht and wait out the 48 day court process, the result of which would normally see you get a 5,000 baht fine and a suspended sentence. During the time that you are on bail, your arresting officer has a legal responsibility to give you a letter to extend you visa for 60-90 days.

It is difficult to get blacklisted for entry to Thailand.

99% of people who do get blacklisted, do as the result of being convicted of a criminal matter in a criminal court.

REMEMBER: It is still at the discretion of the Police case officer who's responsibility it is to submit a black list request to immigration! HINT: Stay close to him and be nice wink.png $$$$$$

Blacklisting for drugs is for 99 years and my immigration sources says that for other things it can be only 5 years. Yes you can appeal blacklisting, with the primary basis for its removal being a police background check in your home country, that says you have never been convicted of any criminal matter! This is where many people come unstuck.

My friends at immigration say just change your passport and name and come back into a less known entry point and continue your life as usual. I know of a number of people who have done this successfully!

Thai Embassies will still issue you a visa but immigration will refuse you entry and deport you back on the same plane you came on.

Remember that if you are caught with more than 0.375 grams of methamphetamine (ice) Thai law classifies you as a seller and you will get 3 years! People are surprised at this, as they buy 2 packets of ice (0.6 grams) cheap and get caught and do some real time.

BB

Edited by Badbanker
  • Like 1