Bangkok Bank -- dam_n you for waking me up!

I know there used to be a Farang representing Bangkok bank here:

I signed up a few days ago for your SMS notification service which includes a monthly SMS summary.

Apparently you have decided the appropriate time to send that summary is at 7 in the morning for one account and five minutes later for my second account.

I wonder how the decision process worked with regards to the SMS timing? Who made the decision to send thousands of people early morning messages and what were they thinking? Did they discuss it with their co-workers? :)

Edited by ricklev

I have to be available for "emergencies".

Not sure what sort of emergencies, but wouldn't they contact you by telephone rather than SMS in an emergency? Leave the phone ring turned on and kill the SMS signal.

... SMS notification service which includes a monthly SMS summary.

I agree that the early morning Bangkok Bank notice is sometimes annoying, but I'm pretty sure you'll find it's weekly rather than monthly. Every Monday morning for me anyway.

I would see SMS notifications as emergency messages also, specially if they happen at 2 morning and your are not doing the transactions... so why complain about the 1 monthly SMS when actually the rest of the service is for your bank accounts security?

I would see SMS notifications as emergency messages also, specially if they happen at 2 morning and your are not doing the transactions... so why complain about the 1 monthly SMS when actually the rest of the service is for your bank accounts security?

I appreciate your taking the time to advise me, in the form of a rhetorical question, on what I should not complain about. I get so confused sometimes..... smile.png

Edited by ricklev

• 2 weeks later...

I have to be available for "emergencies".

Not sure what sort of emergencies, but wouldn't they contact you by telephone rather than SMS in an emergency? Leave the phone ring turned on and kill the SMS signal.

... SMS notification service which includes a monthly SMS summary.

I agree that the early morning Bangkok Bank notice is sometimes annoying, but I'm pretty sure you'll find it's weekly rather than monthly. Every Monday morning for me anyway.

Yeah, it's weekly. What the hell! Why don't they just program it to send the SMS at a reasonable time?