The Juicing Thread

tropo

Just try blending leafy vegetables and then return back to me. That is the advantage its better at leafy vegetables and stuff like celery ect.

I have a 600W Phillips blender and make smoothies from frozen leafy vegetables all the time.

I usually put in about 100 gram spinach, 100 gram sliced carrot, 100 gr brussel sprouts, 80 gr peas, 80 gr Broccoli and some fruits for a total of ~600 gram, all frozen. Then add water and blend 1.5 liter smoothy without any problems. Takes about 2 minutes to get it all liquid.

I put far more in it as 100 grams of it same goes for the carrot. My stuff is not frozen but I can see how that would help. Anyway if it works for that is just fine. Mind you I dont have to add water and stuff all i get is pure veggy juice. You dilute it quite a bit. You go from 600 grams to 1,5 liter while i go from a heavier weight to a lower weight.

It depends on what you want and how much your willing to spend on a juicer. But in both cases its healthy and suits our needs. That is what it is all about.

I only have to add about half a liter of water to reach the 1.5 liter total volume, and I know I dilute the end product, but I don't mind to drink 2 glasses instead of one.

Main purpose for me using the blender is that I get everything I put in the blender, since there is no waste at all, and it isn't time consuming.

Loading the blender, mixing the vegetables and fruits, and cleaning the blender takes a total of a about 5 minutes.

Just try blending leafy vegetables and then return back to me. That is the advantage its better at leafy vegetables and stuff like celery ect.

yes did it, it doesn't want to blend first, but when you crush it down on the blade + added ice that trashes around + liquid from the ice it works, but well it needs a 10-15 min.

Bigger problem are the carrots, which degenerates to some balls.

I thought that problem is because of the low quality of the blender. But well it is doable.

It really depends on how much leafy vegetables you put in it.. but i put in quite a bit and I can tell you it won't be pretty in a blender. Same goes for the carrot.

well after the starting problems, I just let it run on its own....Waste of time and solid particle in the diarrhea like consistence but doable.

But I got too lazy to do it....so maybe it wasn't easy enough.

I have a 600W Phillips blender and make smoothies from frozen leafy vegetables all the time.

I usually put in about 100 gram spinach, 100 gram sliced carrot, 100 gr brussel sprouts, 80 gr peas, 80 gr Broccoli and some fruits for a total of ~600 gram, all frozen. Then add water and blend 1.5 liter smoothy without any problems. Takes about 2 minutes to get it all liquid.

I put far more in it as 100 grams of it same goes for the carrot. My stuff is not frozen but I can see how that would help. Anyway if it works for that is just fine. Mind you I dont have to add water and stuff all i get is pure veggy juice. You dilute it quite a bit. You go from 600 grams to 1,5 liter while i go from a heavier weight to a lower weight.

It depends on what you want and how much your willing to spend on a juicer. But in both cases its healthy and suits our needs. That is what it is all about.

I only have to add about half a liter of water to reach the 1.5 liter total volume, and I know I dilute the end product, but I don't mind to drink 2 glasses instead of one.

Main purpose for me using the blender is that I get everything I put in the blender, since there is no waste at all, and it isn't time consuming.

Loading the blender, mixing the vegetables and fruits, and cleaning the blender takes a total of a about 5 minutes.

I'd say i loose double the time of you around 10 minutes maybe more but not much. The object of juicing is to get concentrated vitamins. So you get MORE instead of the same. I get a concentrated juice and I can choose how much pulp I want. I think but again that is personal what I get is more drinkable. There is a reason why the machine I use is used more and in juice bars instead of your blender.

But again, what you are doing is quite healthy same goes with what I am doing and besides personal preference im not sure if there is much difference. It sure as hell beats not taking it.

yes did it, it doesn't want to blend first, but when you crush it down on the blade + added ice that trashes around + liquid from the ice it works, but well it needs a 10-15 min.

Bigger problem are the carrots, which degenerates to some balls.

I thought that problem is because of the low quality of the blender. But well it is doable.

It really depends on how much leafy vegetables you put in it.. but i put in quite a bit and I can tell you it won't be pretty in a blender. Same goes for the carrot.

well after the starting problems, I just let it run on its own....Waste of time and solid particle in the diarrhea like consistence but doable.

But I got too lazy to do it....so maybe it wasn't easy enough.

That is basically why i went from everyday to once every 2 days. Now im going to hop on the bike and get new fruits and veggies.

@anthony,

I have been thinking.. but many of the things that I juice would be real hard for you to blend. Could you blend garlic.. bittergourd and ginger ? I am still amazed you can get a whole carrot to blend.

I think the difference between our methods is that I like to have a large amount of veggies that are real varied and stuff like garlic ginger bittergourd and make a concentrate out of it. So i get less juice out of more weight while you take a limited amount of veggies and use all of it.

In theory that would mean I would get more different and more vitamins. If the theory is correct.. no idea. I post my latest concotion (though i forgot to put the garlic on the picture but its there)

Does anyone know the English name of the white vegetable i just bought. Just had it there to try for the first time today.

rsz_2015-02-12_092300.jpg

@anthony,

I have been thinking.. but many of the things that I juice would be real hard for you to blend. Could you blend garlic.. bittergourd and ginger ? I am still amazed you can get a whole carrot to blend.

I think the difference between our methods is that I like to have a large amount of veggies that are real varied and stuff like garlic ginger bittergourd and make a concentrate out of it. So i get less juice out of more weight while you take a limited amount of veggies and use all of it.

In theory that would mean I would get more different and more vitamins. If the theory is correct.. no idea. I post my latest concotion (though i forgot to put the garlic on the picture but its there)

Does anyone know the English name of the white vegetable i just bought. Just had it there to try for the first time today.

blending a carrot, if roughly cut before is no technical problem at all. You can blend just everything, wood or bone if you must. But that might need an industrial grade blender.

@anthony,

blending a carrot, if roughly cut before is no technical problem at all. You can blend just everything, wood or bone if you must. But that might need an industrial grade blender.

I got a philips industrial grade blender.. glas instead of plastic.. strong motor. Great Dutch quality. But I would never think of blending my veggies. My idea is to get many different vegetables and make a concentrate of it (juice) instead of adding water and having to taken even more of it instead of less.

But even in my great blender if i add ice (i do in my shakes) you need a lot of liquid too because if it gets too thick the ice wont sink to the bottom and come into contact with the blades of the blender. I can imagine the same problem with vegetables not sinking and not coming into contact with the blender knives and thus not cutting it up if the broth gets to thick.

But mate.. do you have any idea what the name is of that white vegetable on the picture.. even german name is good. I saw it today bought it but don't know if it has any benefits.

Edited by robblok

@anthony,

You missed that I said "sliced" carrot, the other things you mention I've never tried, probably because I can't find them in frozen form and I don't see how they add much vitamin to the mix.

I don't buy fresh vegetable, other then from a salad bar, because everything unused within a limited period is wasted.

The white vegetable in your picture looks like a turnip, not?

@anthony,

You missed that I said "sliced" carrot, the other things you mention I've never tried, probably because I can't find them in frozen form and I don't see how they add much vitamin to the mix.

I don't buy fresh vegetable, other then from a salad bar, because everything unused within a limited period is wasted.

The white vegetable in your picture looks like a turnip, not?

Thanks, and garlic does add a lot to the mix.. just look it up, same goes for bitter gourd.. real good and healthy.

@anthony,

I got a philips industrial grade blender.. glas instead of plastic.. strong motor. Great Dutch quality. But I would never think of blending my veggies. My idea is to get many different vegetables and make a concentrate of it (juice) instead of adding water and having to taken even more of it instead of less.

But even in my great blender if i add ice (i do in my shakes) you need a lot of liquid too because if it gets too thick the ice wont sink to the bottom and come into contact with the blades of the blender. I can imagine the same problem with vegetables not sinking and not coming into contact with the blender knives and thus not cutting it up if the broth gets to thick.

But mate.. do you have any idea what the name is of that white vegetable on the picture.. even german name is good. I saw it today bought it but don't know if it has any benefits.

Well yes, not thinking down to the blades, everything need to be pushed down. High viscosity either slows the engine down, or if the engine is strong enough it heats the thing even with the ice.

I know that white thing, but don't know its name. My wife is putting it in about every soup she makes.

the more raw food you eat,the healthier you will be.

My only worry is Thais and their pesticides. I do wash everything before i juice it but wonder if that is enough.

you make a good point,but i doubt we will ever know.I buy the "kings" beetroot and celery which i believe are pesticide free.The carrots i buy from tesco and come from australia which i believe to be at least semi organic.You can only do the best you can.

My only worry is Thais and their pesticides. I do wash everything before i juice it but wonder if that is enough.

you make a good point,but i doubt we will ever know.I buy the "kings" beetroot and celery which i believe are pesticide free.The carrots i buy from tesco and come from australia which i believe to be at least semi organic.You can only do the best you can.

I get my stuff from the local market so I don't have much to say in what I get. I make sure I wash them good and that is about it. I too believe raw food is good, though we should not discount cooking stuff it has helped us a lot in our evolution.

I don't think that raw per definition is better as cooked, i believe that they compliment each-other. Meat and fish is much better for our body when cooked, why should it not be the same for "some" vegetables. I am against strict doctrines and more for case to case basis of stuff. Just like some won't eat grains while I think oats are good grains as long as its not too much processed.

• Like 1

some chemicals must be inside....can't recall the things but for example some chemicals against small worms in onion is inside the onion so the worms die when eating it.

I stick to the royal projects. Right or wrong I don't know.

some chemicals must be inside....can't recall the things but for example some chemicals against small worms in onion is inside the onion so the worms die when eating it.

You are in my neighborhood.. where do you get the royal stuff.

I have slow juicer ( runs at only 40 rpm's to preserve vitamins and not oxidize the juice from a fast spinning auger ) for sale like new in box with warranty and it's only few months old . Bought it for my girlfriend but she does not make time to use it . Looked at putting it in classified ads here but did not see appliances . I use mine all the time ( I bought her same one I have ) from Verasu and the help and service they give is second to none . I make Khlong Toei market a weekly stop now I am juicing and this market changed much for me , anyone with juicer owes it to themselves to visit this wonderful resource !

Make sure to purchase a ceramic knife if you buy juicer as that makes cutting produce so much easier and efficient. I will give the one I bought for her to the person who buys this juicer she never opened the box to the ceramic knife . PM me if anyone is interested and make offer .

Verasu.com - เครื่องสกัดน้ำผลไม้แบบเงียบ / Silent Juicer

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=1972

post-202056-14237270556528_thumb.jpgpost-202056-14237270727879_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lumbini

I agree that you should not overdo drinking raw veggies. Studies show that steamed carrots is better thsn eating a raw carrot. So try to steam more vegetables, also easier to digest for your stomach.

Edited by balo

You are in my neighborhood.. where do you get the royal stuff.

Everywhere:

BigC Extra Petkasem Rd.

Foodland Puttamonton Sai 4

Central Salaya

I think The Mall Bang Kae also, but can't remember for sure.

I guess every bigger supermarket has them + some special shops. If possible I only buy these or other organic one.

... do you have any idea what the name is of that white vegetable on the picture.. even german name is good. I saw it today bought it but don't know if it has any benefits.

It's a "Rettich" (in German) or radish in English... just cut off a piece and chew it in the old traditional way and the flavour will remind you of radijs...

Can't believe you dont know it, it's essential oils are great for digestion.

There were once 2 dutch lady gardeners digging radish in the field when one of them shouted to the other: " Look at that one, it looks similar to my husbands one!" The other, in disbelief replied: "What! That big?"

Getting the answer: "No, but that dirty..."

• Like 1

I agree that you should not overdo drinking raw veggies. Studies show that steamed carrots is better thsn eating a raw carrot. So try to steam more vegetables, also easier to digest for your stomach.

I think the key is to make juicing part of your diet rather than your entire diet, I have decided to invest in the Hurom when I get a chance in the near future until that happens i'll have to make do with my blender and steamed veggies

... do you have any idea what the name is of that white vegetable on the picture.. even german name is good. I saw it today bought it but don't know if it has any benefits.

It's a "Rettich" (in German) or radish in English... just cut off a piece and chew it in the old traditional way and the flavour will remind you of radijs...

Can't believe you dont know it, it's essential oils are great for digestion.

There were once 2 dutch lady gardeners digging radish in the field when one of them shouted to the other: " Look at that one, it looks similar to my husbands one!" The other, in disbelief replied: "What! That big?"

Getting the answer: "No, but that dirty..."

No the Radieschen I know taste different, but similar. About a 1000 times more strong in taste.

Maybe it is the same but other race or more chemicals? I didn't recognize it as that....but it is similar.