How to open an electronic safe?

kurnell

I googled all the above the last time it locked, but realistically it isn't much help.

You could do this:
crack and reset an electronic safe

If at all possible get one that also has a *key* !

LBNL, if it is small, I could just take the whole thing, and take my time at home to *crack it* ...
You must bolt it down or it is worthless !
The one you like, needs holes to be drilled thru the bottom of the safe,
which makes *water-proof* questionable .

Are just looking for a *Fire proof safe*, and NOT for a *steal-proof* safe ?
If *yes*, most of these electronic safes have a small hole where you stick a slender pin thru to by-pass the electronics.

Aman Kumar

Recruitment India

Within 5 minutes with one of these universal master keys. whistling.gif

That's what I used when the electronics went wrong and I could't find the key. Then prised the top up and then got at the holding down bolts with a socket. I got the top re-welded at a local shop.

I also measured where to drill a hole so that I could reset the electronics next time. However I decided to only use the key. I have one key on my truck key ring and my wife has one key 'hidden' in the house.

As you have broken the key off in the lock ... might as well buy another safe after you have sorted the old one.

Of course we also have a more robust safe in another part of the house. If I can find the pics I will post.

try turning it so the lock faces down and give it a good whack and if you're lucky it will dislodge the broken key .Then get a new one cut. or plan B cut a sliver of plastic from a bottle put super glue on 1 side then slide it down between the key and the lock allow to dry the gently pull the broken key free. Easiest way is take it up high n drop it.

Get a fish hook you can straighten - straighten it out & push in along the key - the barb should "catch" the key and allow removal. I imagine with both ends of the key a locksmith can duplicate.........

• Like 1

OK so there are many ways to open a safe but i remember i worked in a department store when i was a young guy and the safes there

were all locked,, very funny to go into a department store and lock the safes,, so i decided to get the combinations to the safes,, rang the

safes' manufacturere and found some safes had the same pin to open them,the cheaper ones and then with the safes' serial number i

got the combination to the rest of the safes. no potatoes or secret keys, it is possible, contact the safe maker.

OK so there are many ways to open a safe but i remember i worked in a department store when i was a young guy and the safes there

were all locked,, very funny to go into a department store and lock the safes,, so i decided to get the combinations to the safes,, rang the

safes' manufacturere and found some safes had the same pin to open them,the cheaper ones and then with the safes' serial number i

got the combination to the rest of the safes. no potatoes or secret keys, it is possible, contact the safe maker.

All the cheaper electronic safes have a master code to override the locking. I asked the shop where I bought my safe, and he couldn't be bothered to come out to my apartment, so he wrote the master code on a piece of paper for me. Amazing Thailand...

Well, I got a locksmith to come around and he guaranteed to open it for 3,500 baht. We settled on 2,500 baht and he drilled out the jammed lock and opened the safe...not sure how as I was waffling with someone else at the time. Anyway the problem was that the new batteries had fallen out leaving the electronic mechanism without power. Job done. I am buying a new safe tomorrow.

Do you know how many batteries are used for your safe? (Mine uses six batteries x 1.5 volts = 9 volts.) Most electronic safes have a hole on the underside of the door to accept a jack for an external DC power source. Go out and buy a AC/DC power source. Plug the DC power into the hole and open the safe. Good luck!smile.png

• Like 1