Google Cloud and Amazon AWS brings faster Thaivisa with 100% uptime

Hello all,

During the last months we have added Google Cloud to our hosting and content delivery infrastructure.

For the first time ever in Thaivisa history we are now excited to see a full week of 100% uptime.

All content is now hosted on Amazon AWS and distributed via Google Cloud via local nodes around the world, Bangkok and Singapore being the nearest nodes to users accessing our services from Thailand.

Most Thaivisa international traffic now hooks onto Google's backend, eliminating most issues with international gateways by Thai ISP's.

Check out Thaivisa uptime here: http://stats.pingdom.com/2xfda9yuyew4/8141

We hope that you enjoy the faster speed with Amazon AWS and Google Cloud!

Best regards

Thaivisa Team

• Like 1

Great news! Could you please elaborate a bit on the architecture? What is stored on each platform? ie. are you using Google Cloud SQL for the database instances, or is the backend what you are hosting there...? Taking advantage of the Datastore and the non relational database approach or using a relational db? I would love to know more about your setup :-)

EDIT: Oh! I was also wondering whether the cost of a cloud based deployment is really worth to you guys. It looks like the trend now, at least for startups, is to go back to owned servers after they have a good estimation of requests, steady growth, etc and they don't need the fast scalability of the cloud platforms anymore. I read many articles by companies saying the owned servers pay by themselves after not too long as opposed to the cloud where you keep paying a small amount every month forever.

Edited by nami