Busy week ahead for Yingluck

webfact

POLITICS
Busy week ahead for Yingluck

The Nation

30216354-01_big.gif
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra welcomes Chilean President Sebastian Pinera at Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- After meeting Chilean President Sebastian Pinera at Government House yesterday, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will meet visiting Peruvian President Ollanta Humala Tasso today to discuss a Thai-Peru free-trade agreement, Government Spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said.

Tomorrow, Yingluck will fly to Bali to attend the 21st Apec Summit, where she will get to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping.

On the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, Yingluck will also meet the prime minister of Papua New Guinea and the chief executive of Hong Kong.

Then on Tuesday, she is scheduled to fly to Brunei to attend the 23rd ASEAN Summit, which will be held on Wednesday and Thursday.

On Friday, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will come to Thailand to attend the opening ceremony of an exhibition on high-speed trains on Saturday. Then on Sunday, October 13, Yingluck will accompany Li to a One Tambon One Product (Otop) centre in her home town - Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-05

Just love the discipline instilled in the honour guard. Aren't they taught eyes front and not to look at the inspection party? You look through them, not at them. Guess a photo op was passing by and the family wouldn't recognise me unless I turned my head.

At least they're not pointing.

I remember seeing news footage of a royal occasion and as the motorcade passed the reviewing platform even the drivers did an ' eyes right ' and saluted !

• Like 1

Just love the discipline instilled in the honour guard. Aren't they taught eyes front and not to look at the inspection party? You look through them, not at them. Guess a photo op was passing by and the family wouldn't recognise me unless I turned my head.

At least they're not pointing.

I remember seeing news footage of a royal occasion and as the motorcade passed the reviewing platform even the drivers did an ' eyes right ' and saluted !

well lucky they didn't have a bingle or else they would have bolted and left their passengers stranded.

• Like 2

Yingluck...sweetheart...your sense of fashion for official duties is

terrible. Why pink? Or are you attempting to convey some kind

of obscure message. And your hips...dear girl...do some

exercises after those official lunches...please.

"On Friday, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will come to Thailand to attend the opening ceremony of an exhibition on high-speed trains on Saturday."

Was unaware that Thailand had a high speed train exhibition. Seems to me backwards. Yingluck should be going to china to see reality.

Maybe She should show Chinese Premier Li Keqiang an exhibition on slow speed train maintenance or results of lack of.whistling.gif

Well after working her fingers to the bone like this, being polite and entertaining to all those boring old Farang leaders, a girl deserves some R&R. A nice relaxing holiday, some shopping, first class VIP travel, 5 star hotels should be in order. Country's chance to show their appreciation for the dynamo PM/DM's tireless work on behalf of her people and pick up the tab.

Although 'eyes front' is the way that the British do it, and possibly the US and doubtless several others, in many nations the drill is to follow the VIP/Inspection Party along the front rank by turning the head and eyes towards them as a mark of respect. I've seen the Chinese do it, not sure if it's a purely Asian thing though, But I suspect these guys were doing what they had been taught, Even Thailand must have it's share of RSMs! smile.png

Lets hope conversations turn to the ridiculous sentence handed down for the kidnap and sexual assault of a young female Chinese tourist in Phuket by a drunken, drugged up, illegal taxi driver. And what the PM is going to do about it in lieu of China holding back reprisals such as Chinese tourist ban to the kingdom.

• Like 1

Although 'eyes front' is the way that the British do it, and possibly the US and doubtless several others, in many nations the drill is to follow the VIP/Inspection Party along the front rank by turning the head and eyes towards them as a mark of respect. I've seen the Chinese do it, not sure if it's a purely Asian thing though, But I suspect these guys were doing what they had been taught, Even Thailand must have it's share of RSMs! smile.png

Possible but they kept their eyes front in this one with Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fyofIAay5Dw

Possible but they kept their eyes front in this one with Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fyofIAay5Dw

True, but there is probably a subtle difference between a 'red carpet lining party' and a formal 'guard of honour' which the VIP is inspecting. Also, in the Obama clip they are all saluting by hand rather than with rifles - if they moved their head and eyes round to follow him as he walked along their hats would be knocked off and rolling around. Amusing for onlookers perhaps, but hardly smart! laugh.png

Edited by LincsLad

Cor; they're all coming out to play with they're train sets so i'll bring my Hornby one down and show them how proper trains work !

I'm sure we'd all love to see your Hornby. Narrow gauge I'm guessing.

I'll be back soon. Just going to check how to spell euphamisum.

• Like 1

"On Friday, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will come to Thailand to attend the opening ceremony of an exhibition on high-speed trains on Saturday."

Was unaware that Thailand had a high speed train exhibition. Seems to me backwards. Yingluck should be going to china to see reality.

Maybe She should show Chinese Premier Li Keqiang an exhibition on slow speed train maintenance or results of lack of.whistling.gif

See Reality ! Since when was a Thai Government official interested in 'Reality ' ? Much better to see a train set in Thailand and continue the useless dreaming that they are famous for.

Glad to see she's taking her duties seriously. Flooding, what flooding ?

Reminds me of what Mark was doing as leader of the opposition during the great flood. Took his family on an exotic holiday.

Ha ha....Thai politicians

• Like 1