Riding pants / boots questions.

Shurup

Hi all, my GF is gearing up and she has troubles finding her size gear, as always I told her to shop at the child section but there's no child gear that I've seen here (I didn't look a lot in fact so I don't know).

Anyways she already got a helmet (Bilmola) and a Jacket. Looking for the boots now and this is where the mentioned size problem comes into play. The smallest she could find is 6 (or European 37 I think) and her size is 5 to 5 1/2 or 35-36??? Even then if she finds her size she'd probably want to have a little choice instead of getting one available model.

Can someone suggest a riding gear shop with some good boots choices and that carries or can order smaller sizes?

Is it actually worth getting riding boots? Do they offer crush protection like when you drop a bike and your foot gets pinched beneath the bike? I never owned the proper street riding boots, my offroad boots are of the mixed materials and have some plastics inserts inside so they can withstand crushing and sliding accidents/incidents, they're fairly comfortable while on a bike but once I'm off the bike, they're horrible! Are the street riding boots the same?

How many of you also wear the riding pants? I have biker's jeans (strong denim) with extra padding on the knees and bum, she should at least get something like this, not the skinny jeans she's wearing. How much better are the riding pans though, are they get too hot in this weather? Is it better to just get the armor and put it on top of your normal pants?

Who of you here wears the riding pants and who wears the armor on top of their regular pants?

All opinions and replies will be appreciated!

We've been at Panda Rider and didn't have anything is smaller sizes except one model of jacket, which she didn't like. :/ There were also only a few models of boots on display.

I gave her the contact info the the paddock, not sure if she called them or not, she said she called many shops. Will have to ask her again.

Might well need to import. Thailand doesn't do well when it comes to women's sizes for this kind of thing.

You might find hiking boots. They're not bad. Check any Super Sports store at a large shopping mall.

• Like 2

I fly back to Canada almost every second month for short visits, so I can bring with me, no need to import, but I'd prefer she buys something here so she can try on. I know I wouldn't want to buy online, some shoes fit, some don't, have to try.

I'll tell her to try the sports stores and look for the hiking boots if everything else fails.

Any comments on the pants or armor?

My Converse All Stars High Tops saved my foot from major road rash several of the metal shoelace eyelets were worn down from sliding down the highway. What was interesting no other part of the shoe was damaged no abrasions or tears on the canvases or rubber.

Although wearing protective pants and jacket one elbow and both knees suffered damage but the abrasion was caused by the material rather than the pavement which would have been a lot worse.

Yes protective clothing is well worth the price and discomfort

• Like 1

^^^ I know they have a lot of boots on their site, but she said she called them and they said no have your size. Told her to call them back and ask if they can get her size. Forgot to ask if she did...

Flying to SIN is not really an option, including all the flight costs and hotel accommodation, local transportation - those boots will better be golden for what it gonna cost me...

I will post a list when I get the time for sure. Better selection and prices in Singapore and specifically, smaller sized boots and jackets are easier to find with more choices. Plus brownie points for the trip...

Sent from my LG-P714 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I will post a list when I get the time for sure. Better selection and prices in Singapore and specifically, smaller sized boots and jackets are easier to find with more choices. Plus brownie points for the trip...

It maybe true, there maybe move small sizes than in Thailand. If Singapore was on my travel list I would wait buying the rest of the gear until going there, or even change my plans and travel there earlier, but it's not on my list, I've been there many times (work) and the last time I was there with a GF, we aren't going there again.

It maybe true, there maybe move small sizes than in Thailand. If Singapore was on my travel list I would wait buying the rest of the gear until going there, or even change my plans and travel there earlier, but it's not on my list, I've been there many times (work) and the last time I was there with a GF, we aren't going there again.

Just trying to help...

• Like 1

Well she got boots, in some big shoe store in children section, lol. They kind of look like work boots, but not quite, looks like thick leather and above the ankle so they look good, a lot better than seeing her wear running shoes. It's the best she could find considering there are no her size in any of the bike accessories shops.

Another reason why she bought these boots is because some models wear them. facepalm.gif

post-111234-0-35978700-1381468271_thumb.post-111234-0-35244500-1381468275_thumb.

I would definitely recommend All The (Proper) Gear especially when going touring. My GF and I gear up fully (including ankle high riding boots) when we embark on any journey of more than 50 kms. Somehow, it gives me as the rider more confidence as well, knowing that even if we were to go down, we have done everything possible to dress for the crash.

Most of her gear was picked up from Paddock. She's only 153 cm.

@ Gweiloman

Yeah, mine is only 154cm but people of the same height can differ in their body complection a lot, my GF always had troubles finding clothes and shoes in Canada, not so much in Thailand until it came to this sports equipment.

She called Paddock a few times about various gear and every time was told they don't have her size. It's easily possible the people (or a person) she talked to ona phone don't know what they have and/or too lazy to go and check, but the situation was the same with a number of other bike shops.

What is your GF's boots' size? What's the pants' size?

Mine got 34 size boots and she said she needs 24 size pants and they start with 28.

If your GF got the same size gear, I'd pay Paddock a visit once I'm off work.

@ Gweiloman

Yeah, mine is only 154cm but people of the same height can differ in their body complection a lot, my GF always had troubles finding clothes and shoes in Canada, not so much in Thailand until it came to this sports equipment.

She called Paddock a few times about various gear and every time was told they don't have her size. It's easily possible the people (or a person) she talked to ona phone don't know what they have and/or too lazy to go and check, but the situation was the same with a number of other bike shops.

What is your GF's boots' size? What's the pants' size?

Mine got 34 size boots and she said she needs 24 size pants and they start with 28.

If your GF got the same size gear, I'd pay Paddock a visit once I'm off work.

The pants she bought was XXS (child size) from Paddock (but this was over a year ago). For the shoes, the smallest size they had was 36 but this may have to do even if you GF's feet are only size 34. The support should be sufficient I think even is the shoes are slight big (for sure, better than wearing sneakers etc)