Still singing in the rain ?

soi41

The current weather in Hua Hin reminds me of exactly 10 years ago, where it rained, that it has done today for almost a month!w00t.gif

Petchaburi was declared a disaster-zone.

Hope we don't have a repeat.

So how are the situation in different parts of town?

Specially thinking of my friend UKJASE. How is soi 102 coping?

The southern part of Phetkasem near BK-hospital is under about 8 inches, the road outside Sofitel even worse and the junction Chomsin/Naebkehard is not passable on motorbikes.

Other "wet-spots" to avoid??

I remember back in 2006 in early September we were staying at Sofitel and it had rained most of the day. We went out that afternoon and it was bad. It was our first visit to Hua Hin and could not believe how deep the water was. I did not realise it still flooded there. We tend to go in February now to avoid the rain.

It's called monsoon season, funny it happens every year. And with some regret Chalerm is in hospital and Mr Plods cannot find a big enough propeller to push the water back. And where is the Devine Miss Y? Not in the country!!

I am sure, that a wise-axxe like you would be aware of, that Hua Hin is one of the places in Thailand with the least rainfall per year normally. And that a 24 hour shower, like we just had, is very unusual here?

Why do you need Miss Y, help you clean your gutters?

• Like 2