Hotel in Kanchanaburi on river

DarloKnight

Can anyone recommend a hotel on the river with pool suitable for a 15 year old looked at quite a few but would like any feed back on any hotels others have stayed in. It will be for 3 nights. Looked on trip advisor but still can't make my mind up. Thanks in advance

Try the Felix River Kwai Resort. It's one of the better hotels in Kanchanaburi town, has a lovely tropical garden and large pool, and the river flows by right behind it. To get into town (on the opposite bank), they provide a free river shuttle boat.

• Like 2

Try the Felix River Kwai Resort. It's one of the better hotels in Kanchanaburi town, has a lovely tropical garden and large pool, and the river flows by right behind it. To get into town (on the opposite bank), they provide a free river shuttle boat.

The kwae yai river is running high and fast just now and is a dirty brown colour!

Edited by galoubet

I second that ... have stayed there many times ... it's getting a bit dated now but love their Sai Yok pool. Another option is Good Times Resort but the pool isn't huge

Have a look at Xanadu2008.

Not a huge pool, but adequate.

Very nice bungalow accommodation in beautiful surroundings. Extremely friendly and helpful owners and staff.

Fantastic and reasonably priced Western and Thai food in the poolside restaurant.

Also backs onto the river ........

I stayed for three nights at Sabai@Kan hotel last year. I guess you would call it a "mid-range" hotel. Not "backpacker" hovel but not a pricey "resort". The room was basic but clean and functional. Nice pool and a nice garden. I liked it and would stay again. It is not right on the river though. Don't know if it is what you are looking for but I would have no problem bringing any of my family there. Here it is on Agoda. Don't know if they still have the rabbits!

post-152848-0-21141400-1381207548_thumb. post-152848-0-97909900-1381207839_thumb.

post-152848-0-36096200-1381207713_thumb. post-152848-0-69060600-1381207923_thumb.

Just got back from a few days at Camelia Resort. Right on the river, 1000 baht per night and beautiful grounds with nice pool. 500 meter walk to rent bicycles (or scooters, but not recommended for safety). Under 1Km walk to "The Bridge".

Rooms are quite spartan, but if you have a 15 year old, you can rent 2-3 (or 5) rooms for the price of one room at some of the higher end hotels. Each room has a nice patio with great view, 2 rooms per floor in 5 or 6 buildings.

Restaurant on the property is nice and convenient, but not high end. Free eggs/toast/coffee breakfast with room, but I still walked away wanting more food.

I should say the property is right on the river. The rooms are offset about 50 meters, all having an unblocked view of the river over the pool and nice yard. Nice people and well run IMO.

Stayed there a few times over the last few years. In my opinion the best of a less-than-great selection in the town itself. Didn't know about the shuttle boat. You can also walk across the famous (replica) bridge into town - just a short walk from the hotel. That said, it's probably best if you have your own transport when you stay here.

• Like 1

Just got back from a few days at Camelia Resort. Right on the river, 1000 baht per night and beautiful grounds with nice pool. 500 meter walk to rent bicycles (or scooters, but not recommended for safety). Under 1Km walk to "The Bridge".

Rooms are quite spartan, but if you have a 15 year old, you can rent 2-3 (or 5) rooms for the price of one room at some of the higher end hotels. Each room has a nice patio with great view, 2 rooms per floor in 5 or 6 buildings.

Restaurant on the property is nice and convenient, but not high end. Free eggs/toast/coffee breakfast with room, but I still walked away wanting more food.

I should say the property is right on the river. The rooms are offset about 50 meters, all having an unblocked view of the river over the pool and nice yard. Nice people and well run IMO.

Yes that's where I would stay with a 15 year old--- the above post says it alI ---Never stayed there--I normally stay a 3 minute tuk/tuk ride away-- close to the bar/nightlife area--but often go there to use the pool--80 baht-- but I believe now that has been stopped--residents only--I will find that out next time ---???

So --if you stay there- can you please post if that is true ? and what you think about the place -- looks fine to me from the pool/bar area burp.gif

P.S it has a web page--http://www.camelia-resort.com/

Edited by Bucko

The kwae yai river is running high and fast just now and is a dirty brown colour!

This river is run by EGAT (Srinakarin Dam) making our lights work at night etc... and just 20 kms up river out of Kan town on the 3199 road, during our rainy season there is a very small river that joins it, yet another Khwae full of mountain rain run offs, hence the colour of the water flowing down.

Up river from there it is clear and clean. Now your know. coffee1.gif

Win facepalm.gif

Stayed there a few times over the last few years. In my opinion the best of a less-than-great selection in the town itself. Didn't know about the shuttle boat. You can also walk across the famous (replica) bridge into town - just a short walk from the hotel. That said, it's probably best if you have your own transport when you stay here.

Yes, it is the best from the rest in the mid range priced hotels.

The only drawback is as AyG mentioned "Own Transport" is a must, in my mind should you wish to stay there.

Other places not mentioned are due to the above "Own Transport".coffee1.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

Hi guys thanks for all the replies. Going to book something in the next week or so.... Not going till February but like to sort hotels out in advance especially when it's high season in Thailand and we are in UK. Where ever we stay I will let people know and post pics just incase anyone else is interested. Once again many thanks.

• Like 1