Flights back to UK?

KanomPang

After my first year I must return for as shorter holiday as possible to check in on the folks, friends etc...

But what I am seeing is disproportionately high flight prices from BKK to UK. I always used to fly from Birmingham or Manchester with Emirates to Bangkok (not because I'm posh but simply they were one of the most cost effective operators to get me here), but looking to do the thing in reverse and it seems that they are asking 55,000 baht up??? HELP I was thinking it would be more around the 30,000 baht mark.

I have one lead which is Jet Airways that I am exploring but does anyone have any tips for the cheapest way to get back to either B'ham or M'chester?

Thanks.

Many carriers to choose from, around the £660- £700 mark BKK to MAN return, reasonable flying times too.

Ethiad, KLM, Air-France, Turkish Airways, Emirates etc.

Just check flights on Skyscanner or a similar comparison website.

I've had luck before using Mox Travel to find cheap prices on direct flights - they sometimes appear to have fares not available from Skyscanner etc. Last time I got EVA to London for 32,872 inc. taxes and credit card surcharge, when elsewhere eva/thai/ba/qantas was all 47,000+.

I've had luck before using Mox Travel to find cheap prices on direct flights - they sometimes appear to have fares not available from Skyscanner etc. Last time I got EVA to London for 32,872 inc. taxes and credit card surcharge, when elsewhere eva/thai/ba/qantas was all 47,000+.

Mox Travel are very good and there are different options on how to pay.

When searching their site, play around with the dates if possible, sometimes a particular day can be 10,000 plus or minus. Shouldn't have any trouble getting to Manchester around 33,000.......55,000 baht up......no way unless it's not economy.

• Like 1

All depends on travel dates .If close to Xmas /New Year all bets are off .

Much more expensive!.....35,000 Baht over the Christmas period.

https://www.moxtravel.com/availabilityResult.aspx

YOU ARE RIGHT ON THIS AT LEAST .Ha Ha you are not as much a mug as i thought lol .Tryied BKK to London ,out 20 th Dec and back 3 rd Jan .with Mox ,they gave me the cheapest with SriLanca Air of B29,000 return .You stay over night in Colombo on the way ,payed by them .

• Like 1

YOU ARE RIGHT ON THIS AT LEAST .Ha Ha you are not as much a mug as i thought lol .Tryied BKK to London ,out 20 th Dec and back 3 rd Jan .with Mox ,they gave me the cheapest with SriLanca Air of B29,000 return .You stay over night in Colombo on the way ,payed by them .

Awesome... Columbia here I come... thanks for the lead!

You'd better hope you're wrong about that. That would be quite a big detour. More importantly, if you don't know the difference between Colombo and Columbia it might be best to take someone else with you , if only to hold your hand. Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 2

An English friend recomends that route ,( Colombo ) and the price is really cheap .

Edited by anto

I always go by Jet Air India for about 29,000 baht - they have a main baggage allowance of 30Kg. This is to Heathrow however, so not sure about Manchester or Birmingham.

Another advantage is that that you do not spend much time waiting around in the transitory airports of Mumbai and Delhi.

• Like 1

After my first year I must return for as shorter holiday as possible to check in on the folks, friends etc...

But what I am seeing is disproportionately high flight prices from BKK to UK. I always used to fly from Birmingham or Manchester with Emirates to Bangkok (not because I'm posh but simply they were one of the most cost effective operators to get me here), but looking to do the thing in reverse and it seems that they are asking 55,000 baht up??? HELP I was thinking it would be more around the 30,000 baht mark.

I have one lead which is Jet Airways that I am exploring but does anyone have any tips for the cheapest way to get back to either B'ham or M'chester?

Thanks.

Try kayak.com it will show you prices and times to and from all airports.

When I brought my girlfriend to the uk in march from bkk I found it cheaper to get one way tickets ( about £340 each way )

That also made it easier as was not sure when my work would finish so we could return here together.

I don't know why but a return flight was a lot more expensive from bkk compared to return from heathrow ?

If dates are not critical try each day ie mon - sun as prices can vary a lot

You're welcome!

I always go by Jet Air India for about 29,000 baht - they have a main baggage allowance of 30Kg. This is to Heathrow however, so not sure about Manchester or Birmingham.

Another advantage is that that you do not spend much time waiting around in the transitory airports of Mumbai and Delhi.

Jet air ok for you? I have heard some pretty poor reports so have avoided them.

I guess if they are fairly punctual, dont lose luggage too often, have reasonable food and movies, and stopovers are not too long, that's good enough!

Jet air ok for you? I have heard some pretty poor reports so have avoided them.

I guess if they are fairly punctual, dont lose luggage too often, have reasonable food and movies, and stopovers are not too long, that's good enough!

I've never had problems with jet , the food is not so good as other airlines but other than that I don't find that much difference between them ,etihad,Eva,emirates etc when traveling in economy class so I always take cheapest flight with decent layover times