The taste of sour grapes washed down with a pint of bitter

Chicog

No sign of any resentment from 'Arry there, eh?

cheesy.gif

I wouldn't trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it,” the Queens Park Rangers manager wrote. “This isn't about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson,” he added, “But English football being run by people who really haven't got a clue - and they get to pick the England manager.

Everyone said I was the people's choice, the only choice. All the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job. I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry. But the FA went for Roy Hodgson to be the England manager - a man who is more their cup of tea.

• Like 1

Yes and judging by the way he even stopped turning up at our training sessions scrotum face really thought he had the job.

I would have loved to have been there when the old crook found out he wasn't getting it. i still reckon Trevor Brooking had a big hand in him not getting it

it's almost like he's positioning himself for a job when roy doesn't qualify for brasil. . .

An awfully bizarre way of going about it ! I would think the opposite. Putting the final nail in his own coffin.

But maybe he thinks all the name dropping will hold him in good stead. Pitiful.

I know I'll get some stick from the Spurs fans but I quite like Harry. Straight up and seems to be a good man manager. He's non too shabby tactically either. IMO of course.

Oh don't be fooled. They loved him when they thought they might actually overtake Arsenal. Then they hated him again when the harsh glare of reality shone upon them.

whistling.gif

I know I'll get some stick from the Spurs fans but I quite like Harry. Straight up and seems to be a good man manager. He's non too shabby tactically either. IMO of course.

I quite liked the bloke as well and always thought he did a decent job........and i,m not just saying that because i see his son nearly every day of the week.

• Like 1

Oh don't be fooled. They loved him when they thought they might actually overtake Arsenal. Then they hated him again when the harsh glare of reality shone upon them.

whistling.gif

Not so. We always acknowledged the good football we played under him and how well he did for us but we never liked the man.

He's an old crook right out of the same mould as Terry Venerbles and George Graham

To be fair you would also get stick from Pomey and West Ham fans aswell but none of you seem to ask the very simple question; Why is that?

I quite liked the bloke as well and always thought he did a decent job........and i,m not just saying that because i see his son nearly every day of the week.

I'm surprised Jamie Redknapp is ever physically up to playing a sport, be it for either the life long "injury problems" or the ball crushing trousers that he somehow maneuvers himself into.

He should stick to talking nonsense and blowing his old mans trumpet on Sky Sports. Funny, rarely has a good word to say about Spurs since daddy was sent packing!!

Edited by carmine

To be fair you would also get stick from Pomey and West Ham fans aswell but none of you seem to ask the very simple question; Why is that?

To me, it's pretty obvious why Pompey hate him, it's cos he went to Southampton. West Ham hate him cos he went to you guys. Any Manager (and player for that matter) going to a local rival would be hated by most.

"I wouldn't trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it, the Queens Park Rangers manager wrote. This isn't about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson, he added, But English football being run by people who really haven't got a clue - and they get to pick the England manager.

Everyone said I was the people's choice, the only choice. All the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job. I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry. But the FA went for Roy Hodgson to be the England manager - a man who is more their cup of tea."

Spot on Harry.

I don't give a monkey's who said it. it's true.

Edited by SinglePot
  • Like 1

"I wouldn't trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it, the Queens Park Rangers manager wrote. This isn't about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson, he added, But English football being run by people who really haven't got a clue - and they get to pick the England manager.

Everyone said I was the people's choice, the only choice. All the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job. I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry. But the FA went for Roy Hodgson to be the England manager - a man who is more their cup of tea."

Spot on Harry.

I don't give a monkey's who said it. it's true.

Not to put words in StevieH's mouth, but the point is that it doesn't matter if its all true. Harry's intent is to stir the pot at the most opportune time to sell a book, and right before two very important WC qualifiers. Now, does that sound like a man who has the best interests of the England NT at heart, or his own self interest ?

I hear you Jelly.

Harry got shafted by <deleted>. So has the England team.

Harry's truth will not affect the likes of Gerrard. They know already.

As for Harry's timing? Better now than later for a number of reasons.

the FA are a cabal of clueless nest-feathering golf club dinosaurs. harry redknapp is a massive self-serving gobshite who can't keep his scrotum-skinned face shut and isn't anywhere near as good a manager as he likes to think he is. these two things are not mutually exclusive.

What do you think of Hodgson?

the FA are a cabal of clueless nest-feathering golf club dinosaurs. harry redknapp is a massive self-serving gobshite who can't keep his scrotum-skinned face shut and isn't anywhere near as good a manager as he likes to think he is. these two things are not mutually exclusive.

haha. how long have you got?

• Like 1

I hear you Jelly.

Harry got shafted by <deleted>. So has the England team.

Harry's truth will not affect the likes of Gerrard. They know already.

As for Harry's timing? Better now than later for a number of reasons.

harry's "truth"? i would imagine that gerrard thinks redknapp is a total bellend. and not a very good manager. because he's not.

how is redknapp's timing better now? and how is it 'better' than anything given that he hasn't done it for any other reason than to sell copies of his book?

• Like 1

haha. how long have you got?

Same amount of time Shankly would give him.

• Like 1

He doesn't like paying his tax either wink.png

whistling.gif

Not so. We always acknowledged the good football we played under him and how well he did for us but we never liked the man.

He's an old crook right out of the same mould as Terry Venerbles and George Graham

Personally I like Arry, he is a true character, but calling him an old crook along with TV and GG is surely a very libelous piece of writing ??

Personally I like Arry, he is a true character, but calling him an old crook along with TV and GG is surely a very libelous piece of writing ??

i've never really understood what "a true character" means. especially when applied to serial gobshites like redknapp.

The timing of this from Harry is totally irrelevant. Does anybody seriously think it will affect one iota how England will play over the next 2 games. Players and Managers have to put up with all sorts of abuse throughout their whole careers, this will be water off a Ducks back.

• Like 1