Live in pattaya and never travel again

Chazchallenger

How could you possibly take anything serious from anyone who goes to spend their holidays/lives in Pattaya considering the overall quality or lack of of those people???

Knowing a lot of people who do live in Pattaya just about full time and either work in Thailand or live here and work elsewhere, I can assure you, these people have more money, "better breeding", and over all are a better "quality" of person than one suspects you will ever be....whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live bang in the centre of BKK in a spacious studio (for BKK apartment size) and not sure what searching for cheap places you're talking about I go where I please and do what I want without too much though on the budget.

Also I forgot to mention Pattaya being full of sexpats and the lower rungs of Thai society is another reason I can't stand the place.

I if the beach was nice it might make the place more agreeable but it's a dump and seaside towns and beaches should not be dumps.

If I want pollution, traffic and dirt I can stay in BKK as it also happens to have plenty of plus points and the sexpats and hooker are very easily avoided here.

Are you by any chance one of those people who thinks Pattaya is 'heaven'?

how many square meters out of interest ?

• Like 1

So living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a tiny studio, in constant search of cheap places is not enough of incentive for you to leave Thailand?

And you also consider Bangkok and its air to be clean?

I live bang in the centre of BKK in a spacious studio (for BKK apartment size) and not sure what searching for cheap places you're talking about I go where I please and do what I want without too much though on the budget.

Also I forgot to mention Pattaya being full of sexpats and the lower rungs of Thai society is another reason I can't stand the place.

I if the beach was nice it might make the place more agreeable but it's a dump and seaside towns and beaches should not be dumps.

If I want pollution, traffic and dirt I can stay in BKK as it also happens to have plenty of plus points and the sexpats and hooker are very easily avoided here.

So living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a tiny studio, in constant search of cheap places is not enough of incentive for you to leave Thailand?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW a SPACIOUS STUDIO do you mean a room hahahahaha. I take it you went to Thailand to train as a MONK ?

Not so long ago you were claiming to go to NICE bars where bottle of whisky is sold for 1000 baht including mixer.

I could be out of my mind or totally out of touch, but being bang in the center of Bangkok, i never saw any even remotely decent bars selling whisky bottles for 1000 baht.

Though 7-11 and familymarts do.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but center of Bangkok, would that be around Nana or Patpong? or do you consider Onnut past soi 150 or so to be the center of the city?

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerthumbsup.gif

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadew00t.gif

• Like 1

I mean they must of had some kind of traveller inside to end up in Thailand in the first place

Not really, one suspects many came to Thailand to ensure they could get to play hide the sausage on a regular basis in their declining years

+1 There is a world of difference between travelling to far off country's and culture's with a backpack.

Exploring the vast continents and non beaten tracks of the world.

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

"changchang" has has rendered his verdict. now we wait for opinions from "singhasingha and laolao".

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I live in Jomtien (virtually Pattaya) and, frankly, I am happy to stay there. In the six years i have lived in Thailand I have lived 3 of them here. I have travelled all over Thailand and this area suits me down to the ground. If I never travel again it will be too soon.

Unfortunately my work requires that I am abroad at least one week in four. But as for holidays I can get pretty much everything i want around here. It is, in my opinion, not better to travel than arrive.

But then I don't think I know everything about Thailand or Thai's. In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand.

Same for me. 25 years. I second your comment.

how many square meters out of interest ?

??????????????????????? Good question, please reveal the size of your room lol.

you will be the spade who calls a spade a spade huh?

• Like 1

I can never quite figure out the rabid hatred of Pattaya by certain farangs on TV...is it because you actually wish you were there cos your sick of your dull life in the wild of issan or cant afford to live there ?

so for u thailand means pattaya OR isaan... tsk tsk...

(ps. can't afford pattaya? gimme a break! cheapo accomodation abounds in pattaya, cheap whores & cheap boose too. don't tell me u think pattaya is some sort of High-End place, LOL!

Edited by stickylies

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW a SPACIOUS STUDIO do you mean a room hahahahaha. I take it you went to Thailand to train as a MONK ?

Yes I mean a room. Just under 40 sqm. Commonly known as a 'studio apartment' in Thailand. And before you tell me I'm living in a shoe box I don't care.

Sure it's small but you can pay double the price of what I do in BKK and not get anything bigger. Most people I know have small 20-25sqm studios.

Not sure what the training as a monk thing is about but I'll tell you what I didn't come here for to hang around in beer bars paying women to talk to me and have sex with me. I suspect you might have.

Not so long ago you were claiming to go to NICE bars where bottle of whisky is sold for 1000 baht including mixer.

I could be out of my mind or totally out of touch, but being bang in the center of Bangkok, i never saw any even remotely decent bars selling whisky bottles for 1000 baht.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but center of Bangkok, would that be around Nana or Patpong? or do you consider Onnut past soi 150 or so to be the center of the city?

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerxthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadexw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Yes you claimed you can't buy whisky anywhere than some run down street bar for 1000B.

Trust me you are out of touch plenty of perfectly decent bars in BKK sell even Red Label for 1,000B and much cheaper (350-400B) for Sangsom (rum I know) and other local whisky.

Places populated with Thai students, office workers, professionals and expats. No sexpats though they don't like it as there's no women dancing semi naked on stage or telling them they are handsum man.

No I don't live anywhere close to Patpong or Nana nor On Nut.

Soon as you mention you think Pattaya is heaven your opinions become worthless IMO.

Ten years living here and you still don't have a clue.

Yes I mean a room. Just under 40 sqm. Commonly known as a 'studio apartment' in Thailand. And before you tell me I'm living in a shoe box I don't care.

Sure it's small but you can pay double the price of what I do in BKK and not get anything bigger. Most people I know have small 20-25sqm studios.

Not sure what the training as a monk thing is about but I'll tell you what I didn't come here for to hang around in beer bars paying women to talk to me and have sex with me. I suspect you might have.

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerxthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadexw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Yes you claimed you can't buy whisky anywhere than some run down street bar for 1000B.

Trust me you are out of touch plenty of perfectly decent bars in BKK sell even Red Label for 1,000B and much cheaper (350-400B) for Sangsom (rum I know) and other local whisky.

Places populated with Thai students, office workers, professionals and expats. No sexpats though they don't like it as there's no women dancing semi naked on stage or telling them they are handsum man.

Soon as you mention you think Pattaya is heaven your opinions become worthless IMO.

You will also find many foreigners who become Thai experts even after just been here for 1 month.

lol - Doesn't take a month for a lot of them. We had a guy that spent 8 days in Phuket. Came back to our camp in Kabul and started telling everyone about Thailand, as he (apparently) figured he knew everything about the place.

He had me LMFAO when he started going on about how all the Phuket bar girls were "clean" because they had to have a check-up once a month and the police enforced it and were not "corruptible" !

But it is true that for many foreigners, Pattaya (or Phuket) are the only places they've ever experienced, so what they've seen/felt/experienced forms the whole of their knowledge of Thailand.

I'm sure if I went to the UK and spent 8-10 days wandering around a small part of London and then started spouting off on all things English, there'd be plenty here that'd be quick to critique everything I said and point out the "London" isn't "England".

Same if I'd spent that same amount of time in New Orleans, Rio, Woomera or a host of other places.

For those that have actually traveled around to different parts of the country, yes, it can be annoying listening to those "experts" that probably don't even know where Sukhumvit is, or what's on the "dark side". The ones who think "Isaan" is a type of local sausage (well, the girls are always talking about "Isaan" and always eating so that must be what they are on about, right ?).

The ones who think "kwaii" is just a cute nickname and that the girls really, really mean it when they call him "sexy man" !

I just smile, shake my head sadly and move along. Trying to convince them otherwise, when they are flush in the euphoria of the moment, is a fools errand at best. It can take what feels like a lifetime (to a Pattaya "vet") before some of these "experts" are finally jaded enough to listen and learn about the rest of the country. Undoubtedly, some will never learn.

But before you confront them about their ignorance, remember that Pattaya is also home to the largest contingent of "ex" special forces operatives in the world !

In fact, after a few years of overheard conversations and various stories in numerous bars, I'm pretty sure that every member of every "special force" from every country in the world moves to Pattaya after they leave the military.

I'm actually surprised that Pattaya isn't promoted as being "the hub" of ex-special forces !

I'm not surprised that Pattaya seems to be "overlooked" when it comes to red/yellow protests, coups and other organized violence. Seems everyone "in the know" knows that every 2nd or 3rd foreigner in Pattaya is ex-Delta/SAS/SBS/GS9/Mossad/Spetnaz/Green Beret/JTF/(insert preferred elite special force unit here/) and so they leave us in peace.

• Like 1

Hang around beer bars ............. YES

Paying women to talk to me ........YES

Paying for sex ............................YES

I think the bit about paying a women is 100% for everyone we all pay in the long run maybe a girlfriend or wife.,but as they say nothing in life is free.

By the way i hope you don't get lost in your shoe box, and i won't be asking you to put me up next time i am in BKK.

PS Leave the PC alone now and get back to your homework.

Pattaya is great, reality is in your head in such questions, the vast majority of farangs

wouldn't touch the 'real' Thailand (what ever that is) with my barge pole never mind anyone elses,

is London the 'real' England?

Haha - I took so long writing my post - never saw yours (with the remark about "is London the 'real' England?")

And I've traveled (a bit) around Thailand, but I ain't touching your "barge pole" or anyone else's for that matter !

Pattaya is great, reality is in your head in such questions, the vast majority of farangs

wouldn't touch the 'real' Thailand (what ever that is) with my barge pole never mind anyone elses,

is London the 'real' England?

Haha - I took so long writing my post - never saw yours (with the remark about "is London the 'real' England?")

And I've traveled (a bit) around Thailand, but I ain't touching your "barge pole" or anyone else's for that matter !

To many Farang's in London, all the Cockney's have left.

I made Pattaya my hub on freak-went visits, I now live in Khon Kaen last 4yrs and go down there with my wife for the odd week to see my old mates, I like Pattaya and know many guys lived there for hell of a long time and would not go any were else. "Live the way you want"

• Like 1

Some people you meet generally believe that all Thailand is the same as pattaya and they lived there for 10 years plus.

Same as the ones that live in Farang Ghettos in Sukhumvit and Phuket. Dump them in an up country province and they'd be stuffed.

I can never quite figure out the rabid hatred of Pattaya by certain farangs on TV...is it because you actually wish you were there cos your sick of your dull life in the wild of issan or cant afford to live there ?

If I had to choose between a village in Esarn or Pattaya I'd choose to leave Thailand immediately and go somewhere that isn't a poor and boring village or a huge brothel beside a dirty beach and polluted sea.

I don't have that much experience of village life but generally places in the country or isolated areas bore me to tears after a day or two and the week I spent in Pattaya was the worst week I had in Thailand.

Edited by writeshack

25 years in Thailand, and I chose Isan. Clean air, no hassles, our own garden with fruits and vegies. Why the hell would anyone want to live in Pattaya, or Bangkok for that matter. Been there. Tried them both for quite some time. No thanks.

Spade didn't say this, as it was initially posted. I did. Not sure how that happened. That's why I edited the post.

Edited by writeshack

An interesting point of view. After reading all the posts here, I quote “What can I be or do different today to create a sustainable living Earth for all of us for the next 10,000 years?”

Can I do this in Isaan, Nong Khai, Khon Kaen, Phuket, Chang Mai, Ubon Ratchatani or Pattya?

Probably . ..

What the. . . . . ?

Maybe they have just found what they are looking for, maybe they have given up and are tired of travelling and think thats as good as it gets.

Maybe they are just happy doing what they want, doing it there way, who are we or anyone to judge them.

Live and let live, as Thais say " up to you".

When they say ''up to you'',

They just about never mean it....

• Like 1

You will also find many foreigners who become Thai experts even after just been here for 1 month.

This sums it up-imagine the ones in woolley socks and open sandals who have been in Pattaya for a year. Seen them in beer establishments dying to give you the benefit of their knowledge.

25 years in Thailand, and I chose Isan. Clean air, no hassles, our own garden with fruits and vegies. Why the hell would anyone want to live in Pattaya, or Bangkok for that matter. Been there. Tried them both for quite some time. No thanks.

Spade didn't say this, as it was initially posted. I did. Not sure how that happened. That's why I edited the post.

Can i ask why you moved to Isaan, did you go with your Girlfriend or Wife by any chance ?

You also tried Pattaya and Bangkok for quite some time, how long did it take you to find out you never liked really liked them ? hahahahaha.