Im Going Home This Weekend

gwmss15

I really don't see a problem with anyone saying that Bangkok is a shi!hole - had to spend three days there last week again and the place is disgusting - filthy, overcrowded, crumbling, loud, smelly etc . . .etc . . . Awful place.

The rest of his reasons . . . well . . .

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly I agree with the poster ,only about Bangok I mean . It is such humid , crowded ,we all now it .

Nice for a few days , for me 1 night is enough , unfortunately for me I have to go there from time to time . And the first 2 days I actually can enjoy , all the rest of Thailand is great . Bangkok is another country in itself.

Strange that he's not been back to update us.

Most of the leavers who are running over to, for example, Khmer Rouge Country talk a good talk about how much better their life is now and how much further their $500 a month is taking them, but they still seem to spend an inordinate amount of time back here in Thaivisa.

Where is Begbie these days, by the way?

Bangkok is all those negative things and more... but its fun and I love that I can pop in from Chiang Mai for a couple of days and indulge in ... well just about anything ... food, music, bars etc... When I lived there I HATED IT but as soon as I got out of there and more into the country... I started missing it... I can take about 3-4 days maybe more if I go for a 4-5 star hotel.

When a relationship fails everything seems gray and uninteresting. I am sure the reason he never came back to update was that indeed changing locations didn't help much.

This young man is probably lonely for company.I haven't noticed many young farang living in LOS.

Bangkok can be fun but also very expansive,and having mostly old guys around that know it all,can get boring.It's probably a good move to go back home, and do all the things that young people do.There is a very limited future, here for a young farang with no capital and limited income.Not to mention the language barrier or his upbringing experiences.It would have been nice to get some insight into what actually happened to turn him off so bad.To see how a young person perceives the LOS.I guess that won't happen with this poster.It would be nice if you guys could be more gentle,especially with young people.Maybe we can learn something,about what these young people see, or perceive.I would find it interesting,and would imagine many of you might too.

Australia:

- a government that has had years of practice expertly lying & hiding the truth from the 'people'. Very effective at leading sheep.

Thailand:

- government boofheads too dumb to to know how to fool the people, even though they try their hardest.

Australia:

- over regulated, over priced & over taxed. Too many interfering 'good doers'.

Thailand:

Minimal annoying rules etc. Prices reasonable compared to Australia. What tax?!

Australia:

Big corporations that enslave the people by the lust for consumerism. Work-ahol-ism.

Thailand:

Cha cha. Mai me pen ha. Prunee.

Australia:

Can't bat an eyelid without someone suing you.

Thailand:

How do you spell 'litigation'?

Australia:

Full of John Laws loving superannuated old farts who spend their whole life whinging & trying to control others because their own lives are so boring & pathetic.

Thailand:

Huh?

Australia:

Food that is developed, owned & distributed by large corporations, most of which is full of additives, preservatives, hormones & pesticides. Food that is GE - manufacturers of GE food are not required to inform the consumer of such products. The words diabetes, cancer, obesity, MS, hypertension etc come to mind.

Thailand:

Much less corporate control on 'real' food. Very fresh & much less additives etc. Very yummy.

I don't think that I'll be rushing back to that country of overworking, overweight control freaks.

Australia:

Food that is developed, owned & distributed by large corporations, most of which is full of additives, preservatives, hormones & pesticides. Food that is GE - manufacturers of GE food are not required to inform the consumer of such products. The words diabetes, cancer, obesity, MS, hypertension etc come to mind.

Thailand:

Much less corporate control on 'real' food. Very fresh & much less additives etc. Very yummy.

Well unless you buy your veges from The Kings Project,you might just find that the amount of pesticides used in growing crops here is quite considerable.

This young man is probably lonely for company.I haven't noticed many young farang living in LOS.

Bangkok can be fun but also very expansive,and having mostly old guys around that know it all,can get boring.It's probably a good move to go back home, and do all the things that young people do.There is a very limited future, here for a young farang with no capital and limited income.Not to mention the language barrier or his upbringing experiences.It would have been nice to get some insight into what actually happened to turn him off so bad.To see how a young person perceives the LOS.I guess that won't happen with this poster.It would be nice if you guys could be more gentle,especially with young people.Maybe we can learn something,about what these young people see, or perceive.I would find it interesting,and would imagine many of you might too.

Check his post history... :o

is the OP an australian male or female?

Xenophobic ?????????????????????? :D

:o

blah i meant for this post:::

From Mexico. (Melbourne)

Gender? Not sure, but I'm sure he speaks Greek.

Ozmates will understand........

Edited by pop_corn

as some said thailand is not for everyone so let it be

i came her for one reason and one reason only to be with my thai boyfriend. I waited 1 year for things to get better it didnt so i have called it quits and will go home this weekend. i sad that i will lose my partner but it was going to happen anyway. I happy that i dont have work in thailand and put up all the bullshit day in day out any more I just cannot take it any longer.

bye and yes ill enjoy my new life back in australia after a 1 to 10 year search for work but my family cares for me and will help me though this difficult time.

Hope your happy back home with mummy and daddy :o , dont forget your dummies :D:D .

as some said thailand is not for everyone so let it be

i came her for one reason and one reason only to be with my thai boyfriend. I waited 1 year for things to get better it didnt so i have called it quits and will go home this weekend. i sad that i will lose my partner but it was going to happen anyway. I happy that i dont have work in thailand and put up all the bullshit day in day out any more I just cannot take it any longer.

bye and yes ill enjoy my new life back in australia after a 1 to 10 year search for work but my family cares for me and will help me though this difficult time.

Hope your happy back home with mummy and daddy :o , dont forget your dummies :D:D .

and this was an English teacher here (not disparaging teachers .... but what awful grammar he had! :D

Lindsay, the Guy is an Aussie.......can't you tell through the sheer volume of whining? :o

At the end of the day he came here for the wrong reason. His only affiliation with the country was in is pants. Its the same with many of those who live here yet seem to be unable to handle life here.

-----------------------

I just took a look and my affiliation is in my pants too... :D

Yo pepe, mine too.

Well, well.

Congrats to the OP.

His earlier posts may have been mediocre but his last one certainly woke up the usual suspects.

So not everyone hacks it in LOS.

One post explaining why and and there's a howling pack of LOS converts on his back.

Not that I'm complaining, perish the thought.

But I took on board all he wrote and he's half right, some or all of those things could be improved.

I hope they're not though because:

1. I don't have to live and work there so I don't care and...

2. It would surely make everything dearer in LOS and that would spoil my favourite chillout venue.

But I'm so glad he pushed all your buttons, just when things were getting a little lethargic on the board.

P.S. A little below the belt, that Greek remark, don't you think? Shame on you.

hello

Im finally going home i have quit my job and will be leaving this shit hole (bangkok thailand)

Im so happy to be going home

this is the worst place i have ever lived in my life.

see ya

ummmm let me guess Canadian or a Pom. Just another guy who came with great expectations &didn't do his homework. It's funny he never mentioned why he didn't like it here. But like Jai Dee said about viewing his previous posts they are nothing but complaints. Some people are just never satisfied.

I know a Canadian guy (straight) that had a gf here and found my name on the net and asked me everything about life in Bangkok. I sent him websites to view (he never read them) and met his gf for the first time (they chatted by internet and phone for 12 months) and he arrived here only to find he could not get on with the gf so after 3 months he went back home. He came back and did part time work only to get bored with Bangkok again and now he is home again. He was cheap and didnt buy his gf anything. He never seemed to have a plan or know exactly what to do. I think this is another one of these cases. Go home buddy som nom na!

Cheap charlie eh, didnt buy his gf anything eh, didnt listen to your advice so serves him right. Yeah go back to where you come from - nothing to complain about here.  To many defenders of the cause - pathetic ! (read which way you please) :o

Edited by observer21

hello

Im finally going home i have quit my job and will be leaving this shit hole (bangkok thailand)

see ya

ummmm let me guess Canadian or a Pom. Just another guy who came with great expectations &didn't do his homework. It's funny he never mentioned why he didn't like it here. But like Jai Dee said about viewing his previous posts they are nothing but complaints. Some people are just never satisfied.

I know a Canadian guy (straight) that had a gf here and found my name on the net and asked me everything about life in Bangkok. I sent him websites to view (he never read them) and met his gf for the first time (they chatted by internet and phone for 12 months) and he arrived here only to find he could not get on with the gf so after 3 months he went back home. He came back and did part time work only to get bored with Bangkok again and now he is home again. He was cheap and didnt buy his gf anything. He never seemed to have a plan or know exactly what to do. I think this is another one of these cases. Go home buddy som nom na!

Cheap charlie eh, didnt buy his gf anything eh, didnt listen to your advice so serves him right. Yeah go back to where you come from - nothing to complain about here.  To many defenders of the cause - pathetic ! (read which way you please) :bah:

Good choice of board name, observer.

I see you've detected the trend too. :o

trend? ..... Observer was not so observant ... since he was quoting a post made over a year ago :D

But qwertz .... feel free to look at the guy's profile .. then glance over his posting history :D He WAS a mess :D I only revived this thred because I was clearing out about 100 PM's I had and ran into one from him .... The ONLY credit he gets is finally admitting he just couldn't hack living in a country where English was not the native tongue :D

hello

see ya

Relationships come and go. If you are still of working age and not financially well off enough to retire then you are making the right choice.

Thailand will likely become more and more expensive so keeping finances #1 is a must.

Anyway, sounds like you need a breather from the day to day BS

Respect JD.

You really know what to buttons to push when it comes to waking up the converts.

Proof again (if it was needed) that whinger bashing is still in the top ten.

P.S. I did note the date later. I was really commenting on the reaction.

Edited by qwertz

I think the problem resides with the OP, not Thailand. I think its safe to say he will find fault where ever he lands.

could notthe same be said of you running away from the west? perhaps you were nobody in the west and now you think you are somebody in the east......at least until the money runs out?

i like the "defender of the realm" handle, i wonder where you got that idea :o

no originality perhaps? you will do well in LOS

I think the problem resides with the OP, not Thailand. I think its safe to say he will find fault where ever he lands.

could notthe same be said of you running away from the west? perhaps you were nobody in the west and now you think you are somebody in the east......at least until the money runs out?

i like the "defender of the realm" handle, i wonder where you got that idea :o

no originality perhaps? you will do well in LOS

LOL

another poster that doesn't know *****

Brit lives in the West :D

But Brit did NOT say that the problem was in the West ... or the East ... he said (to use an old addage) "Wherever you go ... there you are"

Implying if you are a miserable git in one place ... there is a HIGH chance you will be a miserable git in the next place

Edited by jdinasia

Why do people aways make a fuss about leaving. I bet they made just about the same fuss as arriving. If you want to leave its a personal decision but there is also a personal decision about leaving Australia. I think that the Op that has already disappeared from the forum is pissing hiself/herself about the discusion that is going on now.

You /we react to defend our decision to stay here but if its not for you go and make a new life in familiar places and forget the challenge. The Op has failed badly and really it does not warrant this discussion. We all have a choice but most dont publicise it. I would be very ashamed to think that i had failed let alone discuss this on a forum.

Youth impetuous youth.