Retirement Visa Requirements

Is the yellow book good enough for proof of address? what form needs to be filled out for applying for retirement via?

I am switching from Thai wife visa to retirement visa, because I believe it's easier for all. I'm aware of the financial requirements and can meet them.

You don't need a new visa. Just go to immigration when next extension is due and apply for extension using retirement as the reason for the extension of marriage.

You should take your wife along because some immigration offices will want her to give you permission to change extension types.

Yellow book is accepted as proof of address.

So if you are estranged for your wife , they wont allow you to change visa types, what if she has died , do you need her death papers ??

That is not what was said - being married in a joint property state the spouse is made aware of changes. If you are no longer married you must use a different extension (and that includes not living with spouse for extension of stay reasons). They would want a reason. In my case they would have accepted a medical certificate but wife made the trip so was not required.

It would be even more convenient for you to apply for a single entry O visa in KL. Your reason will be your intention to apply for a retirement extension in Thailand. You first need to find out what they will require for that. With the single O, then apply for your retirement extension in Thailand during the last 30 days of your 90 day stay. Starting with the O means you won't need to do the conversion to O in Thailand. Not ALL immigration offices in Thailand offer that conversion service.

During my (minimum) 1/2 year stay in Thailand I plan to frequent travel to other countries but details are not yet in place. I guess will be like once per every 4-6 weeks... Some border crossing will be in car so can't rely on the granted visa exempt period when re-entering, as will sometimes be only 15 days.

With single entry visa I need a large number of re-entry permits - would not they become a pain in the a-s-s to retrieve, and also quite costly? Is it possible to get a multi-entry visa that removes all trouble and time counting - providing the right to freely enter and leave spontaneously, so to say, during 1/2 to 1 year period.