Bang Saen, nearby beaches polluted by oil slick

Lite Beer

POLLUTION
Bang Saen, nearby beaches polluted by oil slick
The Sunday Nation

30216950-01_big.gif

CHON BURI: -- About 50 tonnes of oil found on Bang Saen and two adjacent beaches in Chon Buri has now been removed, following a clean-up organised by the Sean Suk Municipality.

The origin of the oil, discovered on Thursday night, remains unknown, but it is thought to have come from vessels offshore involved in an oil transfer. Officials are now reviewing satellite images to try to find out where the oil came from.

Parts of Bang Saen are still showing traces of oil and the beach will remain closed to tourists for the time being. Oil samples have been submitted for lab tests, but it will take 10 days to determine where it came from. The municipality has filed a complaint to police about the incident.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-13

As told in other post... don't waist your time in Bang Sean... dirty beach, dirty water, lots of polution, super gready beach rentals...

If you see it on your way... just pass it....

It is a Thai peoples beach not many tourists go to it. If you did go there then go on a Tuesday or Wednesday or even Thursday there is plenty of room there those days and you can sit under the trees near the water for free and if you are inclined to drink beer all day be my guest. But like most Thai people beachers they are polluted with plastic and junk.

• Like 1

It's interesting to note that expats in both Bkk and Pattaya know so little of this town, perhaps they should get out and about more.....however it's probably actually a good thing. So yes, the beaches are <deleted> and the people are all THAI - quite appalling really..........that should keep them away for my next visit.

It's interesting to note that expats in both Bkk and Pattaya know so little of this town, perhaps they should get out and about more.....however it's probably actually a good thing. So yes, the beaches are <deleted> and the people are all THAI - quite appalling really..........that should keep them away for my next visit.

We, the whole family, where long stay visitors, atleast 6 to 8 weeks three times a year, for many years from the Tide Resort Direct an the sea, just cross the street until the smell and the dirt get to much.

Complained and got the usual answer... none.

Move all to the other side of the Gulf near Cha Am.

Officials are now reviewing satellite images to try to find out where the oil came from.

Too late, the moo thot cart has already moved.

these officials are great, I wonder what people would do without them.

I don't know, live a worry free life in virtual paradise?

We, the whole family, where long stay visitors, atleast 6 to 8 weeks three times a year, for many years from the Tide Resort Direct an the sea, just cross the street until the smell and the dirt get to much.

Complained and got the usual answer... none.

Move all to the other side of the Gulf near Cha Am.

You complained to the hotel about the smell on the beach?????

Anywho - as I said the place is <deleted> - please stay away.

Edited by wilcopops