Where to find 50-baht meal in Pattaya ?

thairookie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best street food is around Tukcom, and Therprasit night market, behind the clothing and other crap. And 40 baht, 50 is seriously over payed. Best Kao Pat Gai is across the street from Tukcom, and little bit towards 2nd Road, cook is a happy fat Thai guy and angry lady serves the table, 30 baht, so good!

• Like 2

Best street food is around Tukcom, and Therprasit night market, behind the clothing and other crap. And 40 baht, 50 is seriously over payed. Best Kao Pat Gai is across the street from Tukcom, and little bit towards 2nd Road, cook is a happy fat Thai guy and angry lady serves the table, 30 baht, so good!

Best Kao Pad Gai for me is at the carwash on third road opposite the Ubon bus station. 40 Baht with a fried egg on top.

55 baht for a Tom Yam Gai with steamed rice, more chicken in it than you can eat.

Where is Tukcom ?

And what about 50 baht meal in an aircon environment ? Is that too much to expect ?

Tukcom is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pattaya,+tukcom&hl=en&ll=12.924093,100.878777&spn=0.003315,0.005761&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.226656,94.394531&t=h&hq=tukcom&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=18&layer=c&cbll=12.924085,100.87888&panoid=3NmuM5veXQTm-i0Wq39o6Q&cbp=12,217.48,,0,-16.99

You can go to the "Food Park" at BigC Extra (first floor) if you're looking for an air-conditioned environment.

• Like 1

And what about 50 baht meal in an aircon environment ? Is that too much to expect ?

Nope, you can't ask for street food at street food prices and then ask for air conditioned environment, doesn't work like that.

• Like 1

Where is Tukcom ?

And what about 50 baht meal in an aircon environment ?  Is that too much to expect ?

Tukcom is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pattaya,+tukcom&hl=en&ll=12.924093,100.878777&spn=0.003315,0.005761&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.226656,94.394531&t=h&hq=tukcom&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=18&layer=c&cbll=12.924085,100.87888&panoid=3NmuM5veXQTm-i0Wq39o6Q&cbp=12,217.48,,0,-16.99

You can go to the "Food Park" at BigC Extra (first floor) if you're looking for an air-conditioned environment.

Try the food court in the basement at Tukcom, they have a feeble excuse for air-con. Should get something for 50 baht there, unless your expecting two courses and a large Sing for your money.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nope, you can't ask for street food at street food prices and then ask for air conditioned environment, doesn't work like that.

For another twenty baht maybe the angry lady who serves the tables will waft a tea towel in front of the OP. Job done - plate of food, air conditioning and the happy fat Thai guy remains happy and all for 50 baht .

• Like 1

Yeah I think the street Kao Mok Gai (yellow rice) on Pattaya Tai near Tukcom may be the best bet. You can call PISSET and get the larger portion for 40 baht, including "soup" and free water. That said I personally think the quality has gone a tad downhill recently. I find it tastes too much like cheap salad oil.

• Like 1

Or, you could buy a sandwich from the 7-11 and sit on a bench in Central/Royal Garden to eat it.

it is really nice to snatch some 10 baht meat sticks or liver sticks from guys with cart grills, and sit on bench at Beach Road at night. At night there is no need for aircon, and everything looks much nicer

Yeah I think the street Kao Mok Gai (yellow rice) on Pattaya Tai near Tukcom may be the best bet. You can call PISSET and get the larger portion for 40 baht, including "soup" and free water. That said I personally think the quality has gone a tad downhill recently. I find it tastes too much like cheap salad oil.

That's how it always works here in LOS, prices for the ingredients go up due to inflation, but they don't want to rise the price of the end product so the make the portions smaller or skip on the ingredients.

By the way in my other post of the carwash, I meant Pad Kapoa Gai with an egg on top , instead of a greasy Khoa pad .

• Like 1

That's how it always works here in LOS, prices for the ingredients go up due to inflation, but they don't want to rise the price of the end product so the make the portions smaller or skip on the ingredients.

By the way in my other post of the carwash, I meant Pad Kapoa Gai with an egg on top , instead of a greasy Khoa pad .

Yes I think that's what happened. They actually did raise their prices a tiny bit after many years, from 35 to 40 for the pisset size. The portions are the same as before but yes I do detect something has changed in the RECIPE to my taste for the worse. Oh well! Perhaps they think if they raised it another 10 baht they'd lose half their business and they might be right.

• Like 1

Can get a bag of fried beetles (preferrably over the locusts...more the meat-like squishy bite) for about 20 baht or you can just kill a rat (many large ones here), if you want something closer to a Thanksgiving meal & for free (as long as no one sees you).

And leaves change for the baht bus. :)

• Like 1

Can get a bag of fried beetles (preferrably over the locusts...more the meat-like squishy bite) for about 20 baht or you can just kill a rat (many large ones here), if you want something closer to a Thanksgiving meal & for free (as long as no one sees you).

And leaves change for the baht bus. smile.png

I love it when that happens ...

• Like 1

In Big C or Tesco food courts (air conditioned) there are meals for 30 Baht + and free drinking water.

Not Pattaya, but my wife and I are happy with the occasional visit to the various food halls in PHS.

If we take the MIL I'll get change from 200 baht for a nice lunch with soft drinks.

And leaves change for the baht bus. smile.png

I love it when that happens ...

What, the fricasseed rat? Or another opportunity ride the baht bus? whistling.gif

BigC food court on Central Road has a place that does rice with two tasty toppings for 40B. And it has air-con.

Personally I find a wider choice in the outdoor markets such as Soi Buakow and Rompo in Jomtien, where it is easy to find a very tasty plate of rice with 3 kinds of pork and salad and soup and free iced water for 35B, or dozens of different noodle soups all for around the same amount.

My favourite meal is a big bowl of spicy Tom Yam seafood and pork soup with noodles etc that comes in at 50B. Lovely.

• Like 1

For another twenty baht maybe the angry lady who serves the tables will waft a tea towel in front of the OP. Job done - plate of food, air conditioning and the happy fat Thai guy remains happy and all for 50 baht .

cheesy.gif