Thailand, Hub of Disgrace, but Land of Excuses

Gonzo the Face

Sad, sad situation. It's hard to know how it even came about, nobody just turns up to a Thai hospital to have a baby. There are a series of consultations and clearly laid out steps of how and what and where you are supposed to go when having a baby.

If this was an emergency, the hospital has an obligation to taker her in. Shameful for turning her away if that was the case. But if it was the early stages of labor, it's quite common for the woman to be moved between hospitals for various reasons. In my opinion, the mother should have gone to the next hospital as quickly as possible when she was advised, and not simply gone home.

The mother's actions also contributed to this sorry outcome.

Whilst some are very busy "Thai bashing" in what is without doubt a very sad case and my sympathies go to the Mother, this is not unknown to happen in the National Health Service in the UK which one reads about on an almost daily basis. No doubt, all these organisations need to do a thorough audit of their procedures in an effort to close some of these fatal loop holes. The National Health Service has recently been discovered to be complicit in hundreds of medical cover ups and payments to injured parties. So come on folks, look at the wider field and be a bit more inclusive.

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of thing happens in America as well....which is why the US government has been trying to create a system whereby everyone would have access to medical care/health insurance. But now the "other side" is trying to dismantle the new law. It's complicated, but in this Thai case, the OP deliberately fails to mention that Thai people on social media are pretty disgusted by what happened. But yet, he's still attacking Thai people. An axe to grind, OP?

Yes Berkshire, I do ..... I happen to care about others, and in particuliar children, who have no one to protect them except for their adults..... 'Care' Berkshire...... try it sometime, you just may find that it has an effect on you

One unnamed hospital does one despicable thing and you condemn 66,000,000 people as being part of a hub of disgrace. Most of them are residents of the country the same as you.

Maybe you should look at what is going on in other countries. some of them make Thailand look like angels.

It was a despicable thing but I think you might be over reacting.

The day I start bashing Thais in general like that is the same day I will be out of this country.

Edited by hellodolly

Have to agree, this is terrible. I understand that it takes money to run anything and that giving things away for free doesn't help anyone. Even though she wasn't covered surely they could have still billed her so she could work on paying it off later? I don't know... seems like compassion is a rare commodity these days.

This sort of thing happens in America as well....which is why the US government has been trying to create a system whereby everyone would have access to medical care/health insurance. But now the "other side" is trying to dismantle the new law. It's complicated, but in this Thai case, the OP deliberately fails to mention that Thai people on social media are pretty disgusted by what happened. But yet, he's still attacking Thai people. An axe to grind, OP?

Yes Berkshire, I do ..... I happen to care about others, and in particuliar children, who have no one to protect them except for their adults..... 'Care' Berkshire...... try it sometime, you just may find that it has an effect on you

One unnamed hospital does one despicable thing and you condemn 66,000,000 people as being part of a hub of disgrace. Most of them are residents of the country the same as you.

Maybe you should look at what is going on in other countries. some of them make Thailand look like angels.

It was a despicable thing but I think you might be over reacting.

The day I start bashing Thais in general like that is the same day I will be out of this country.

I am sure you will be missed

Will TV ever give us the option of a "Don't like this" button?

I think some people only post to P*ss others off!

The button would gratify them and give us an idea of who habitually irritates!

I think this applies to this thread. don't you?

• 3 weeks later...

Another item to be added to the "Hub of Disgrace" list

The fact that it is known and nothing is done about the likes of the attack on the political party admin at the noodle shop, and the attackers escaped in a vehicle that had it license plate number noted and reported to police. Only problem is that they found that there were 31 of the same number plates in the country about 28 others of the same number in Bkk.

.... and just to off set the anti Thai Basher, bashers, I will be starting a thread that shows the good sides of Thailand Life.

I rarely respond with "nonsense," but, nonsense.

Anyone from any country, even with empty pockets, has always been able to wheel into an emergency room of any hospital in America and be treated in an emergency. By law, they must be stabilized. And, at least in the States, this woman would have legal recourse.

OP, I've said it here many times, you get what you pay for. People rave about low cost here. Medical tourists flock here.

I'd rather go into debt and be treated by a doctor in the west.

Generally speaking, here, one becomes a physician for the money, ultimately for the face. Losing a patient is not a motivating factor to ensure proper care.

Doctors I know and worked with in California, are personally deeply pained when they lose a patient. They give their all.

Life has far less value here. death is viewed differently. Face is everything.

Generally speaking, that is.

what a load of codswallop