Minivan driver sought for sexual assault of 15 year old Thai girl

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minivan drivers, a danger on the roads and off the roads!!sad.png

I hope, when the police eventually get this psycopath, they will turn him over to the victims family, so for once justice will be served!

And please, please. Do not blame the victim.

Unlike in Iran thank god, where they hung a taxi drivers teenage rape victim and gave him a short jail sentence!

Again and again and again... bah.gif

Very difficult to comprehend when there are willing ladies everywhere, not to include professionals in houses around town, Masseuses who provide 'Special Services', streetwalkers and some Bar Girls.

No, no, not at all...! His perceived power over this helpless 15 year-old is what gives him the strength to carry out such an attack. All he has to do is threaten her life, and he believes he is "home free"...!

The professional ladies wouldn't look twice at him, and he would immediately be made to understand how inferior he actually is...!! That's why he wouldn't choose the alternative course of action.

I hope the family have the opportunity to discuss this matter with him....!!!

Minivan drivers, a danger on the roads and off the roads!!sad.png

I hope, when the police eventually get this psycopath, they will turn him over to the victims family, so for once justice will be served!

And please, please. Do not blame the victim.

One hopes the rule of law would apply. How would anyone feel if they are accused of a crime, only to be turned over to a enraged mob hard less of proof? Statements that advocate turning someone over to the mob are understandable, however, they don't apply to a civilized country with codified statutes and judicial procedures.

I try not to forget that a news story does not automatically bypass the arrest, arrangement, trial and right to counsel aspects. Think, think, think!

• Like 1

I am not defending the sex maniac driver but, why is it the girl was convinced to go until the driver's bed room without hesitating?

She could have screamed for help when she sensed the intention of the driver?

If you were ever paralysed by fear then you would never ask such a stupid question.

I think if some posters re-read the OP it might make it clear why the girl was unable to do more:

".....(He) lured her to his house in Phra Samut Chedi district by saying that he would later drop her off at her brother’s house in another part of Bangkok.

“After everybody left the van, he tried to start a conversation with me until I told him I wished to visit my brother in Ramkhamhaeng area,” the girl told the police.

“Once we arrived at his house, he asked me to leave my belongings inside the van”, the victim continues “He then forced me into his bedroom and raped me, and threatened to kill me if I tell anyone.”

she had been sexually assaulted by the driver of an illegal minivan on 12 October.

Unfortunatly, most parents send their children to and from school in illegal minivans. They drive dangerously without care to their passengers or fellow road users.

Illegal minivan = No licence, no insurance, no responsibility.

It' s about time time the government started to regulate the minivan free-for-all. Maybe a smear campaign about the dangers of unlicenced public transport.

In USA he would get 6-10 years in prison. A place where rapists are at the bottom of the pole, many poles.

Here, like said above about the Chinese tourist, he may get probation!

In US he would get at least that much. Additionally he would be labeled a child molester for life. He would have to register his place of residence for life, not be allowed to live within 1,000 feet of any school, and suffer many other ills.

In prison he would have to be segregated from the general population or they might kill him. At the least they would abuse him. He would never be truly free of it.

I thailand? "Oh, I was drunk. Here's 500 baht. so solly."

Looks like he will have to change his route for a few months at least, even if he was arrested and charged he would be out in a few hrs and doing the same evil crime again because he can get off with it without any harsh punishment or loss of freedom.

"The girl claimed that Mr. Tamnong Laknongbua, 27, who operates his unlicensed minivan on Srisaket – Bangkok route"

He won't be operating anymore for a while I guess.

considering what passes for justice here, I wouldn't bet on it....

Exactly----- if he greases the palm of the police and the family he could be back in business in no time

Again and again young Thai girls knew that it is dangerous to take van and taxi in Thailand; yet they still expose themselves to the risk.

These girls should have their father or husband drive them around, just like in Saudi.

Again and again and again... bah.gif

Very difficult to comprehend when there are willing ladies everywhere, not to include professionals in houses around town, Masseuses who provide 'Special Services', streetwalkers and some Bar Girls.

Rape is about power and controlling someone, not sex.

Again and again young Thai girls knew that it is dangerous to take van and taxi in Thailand; yet they still expose themselves to the risk.

These girls should have their father or husband drive them around, just like in Saudi.

Are you saying it's her fault she was raped?

What a brilliant solution, Einstein!

I guess, if everybody had the possibility to do so, there would be no taxis or van- services, no?!

Castrate him and lock him away. Punish the parents for raising a girl without any common sense.

Yeah, total lack of common sense.

I mean he clearly told her "Come in here, I want to rape you!"

...oh no...wait...he didn't!

I think we can assume form the OP that he was driving her not for the first time.

So he was no complete stranger to her!

...and it was not at all her fault in any way: she got raped!

She is the VICTIM!

Edited by DocN
  • Like 1

Again and again young Thai girls knew that it is dangerous to take van and taxi in Thailand; yet they still expose themselves to the risk.These girls should have their father or husband drive them around, just like in Saudi.
What a brilliant solution, Einstein!I guess, if everybody had the possibility to do so, there would be no taxis or van- services, no?!
Castrate him and lock him away. Punish the parents for raising a girl without any common sense.
Yeah, total lack of common sense.I mean he clearly told her "Come in here, I want to rape you!"...oh no...wait...he didn't!I think we can assume form the OP that he was driving her not for the first time.So he was no complete stranger to her! ...and it was not at all her fault in any way: she got raped!She is the VICTIM!
I didn't get it anywhere that she knew him, where did it say that? From what I read he was a complete stranger whose house she went into. Where did you read that she knew him?You also conveniently left off my last line to care for the girl. Nice try at censorship to make your point! Edited by tominbkk