Prachinburi roadside bar shooting kills patrons and owner

webfact

Roadside Bar Shooting Kills Patrons And Owner
By Khaosod Online

BANGKOK: -- A pair of unidentified assailants have shot three people dead at a roadside bar in Prachinburi province, including the owner of the establishment.

The incident took place at an unnamed bar on Prachinburi - Kabinburi Road in the early hours of 15 October. At the scene, the police rescue workers found two injured victims, Mr. Somrak Rattanamora, 32, and Mr. Sunthorn Sornsalab, 34, who was the owner of the bar.

Both were in serious condition, and later died as they were brought to hospital.

Around 100 metres away from the bar, the police uncovered the dead body of Mr. Tawatchai Uttabutr, 32.

According to Ms. Rattana Prommalee, the wife of Mr. Sunthorn, earlier in the night Mr. Tawatchai and three other friends, including Mr. Somrak, were drinking at the bar. Around midnight, she said, two individuals wearing medical facemask arrived at the bar in a white Honda car with no license plate.

The assailants got off the car and walked to Mr. Tawatchai′s table, Ms. Rattana said, before discharging their firearms at Mr. Tawatchai and his friends. The bullet struck Mr. Somrak and Mr. Sunthorn, who happened to be standing nearby, but Mr. Tawatchai reportedly ran for his life into an alley near the bar.

However, Ms. Rattana said, the two assailants chased after Mr. Tawatchai, firing their weapons as they went, until the victim fell down, and the suspects proceeded to shoot Mr. Tawatchai multiple times - the police found 11 bullets on his body - before fleeing the scene on their car.

Police officers said Mr. Tawatchai has recently finished his jail sentence for drug trafficking offences, only to resume his business once he got out of prison. Police believe he was the main target of the assassination, as he was known to be involved in disputes with a number of drug dealers.

Mr. Somrak and Mr. Sunthorn were killed by accident, the officers said. The police are still searching for the suspects.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1Ua3hNelV3Tnc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-17

Police officers said Mr. Tawatchai has recently finished his jail sentence for drug trafficking offences, only to resume his business once he got out of prison. Police believe he was the main target of the assassination, as he was known to be involved in disputes with a number of drug dealers.

Mr. Somrak and Mr. Sunthorn were killed by accident, the officers said. The police are still searching for the suspects.

Sadly two seemingly innocent people died because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Truth or not who knows?

It would seem probable that deceased Mr.Tawatchai may well have paid the price for not settling his account or possible double crossing his suppliers or partners or maybe treading on some other dealers turf or even informing on others as task to lessen his custodial sentence length.

However we are never likely to know the truth , his passing well not a loss to society in general the other two victims well I will not comment on their death apart from the fact it does seems at face value they were not necessary deaths. However as I have already stated'' we are never ever likely to know the truth surrounding this matter,''.

• Like 1

The wifes brother in law use to bring a Kg of weed in from Cambodia and sell it,

this was in Isaan, anyway the police told him to stop, but he carried on selling,

and was shot and killed, apparently,the police have freelance hit-men who carry,

this type of job out for them. she knows as her brother was (allegedly) employed as one.

Maybe they should try this out in the West instead of pussy footing about with

the Crims and their human rights, maybe harsh, but they will definitely not do

it again

• Like 1

Lived in Thailand for over 20 years. Never saw the violence which is reported now when I first came here.

Thais seems angry and out-of -control. Why?

The rampant drug abuse? The failure of the family? No jobs, no hope to make a life? You tell me. All factors, I suppose.

Thought Pattaya was declining into a lawless town. Pattaya has murders, rapes, and other violent crimes, day-after-day. Some murders are described as "suicides". Thailand has become "Suicide Heaven". Or a "Heaven" for wives/husbands or hit-men who want to throw their target off of a balcony.

Take a look at pattayadailynews.com for the realtiy of what is going on in Pattaya. A website that reports honest news.

In the States, I never went out of my office or home without my carrying my Walther PPK.

Now I don't got out in Thailand without being armed.

Anyone tries a kidnapping, assault, or attempted murder - I will respond with my firearm. And the cops can scrape them off the sidewalk.

Thailand is no longer a safe place to live or vacation.

Thais are not nice people anymore like they were 20 years ago. Thais have become "East LA Hoods".

Walk around in Bangkok, Pattaya or whereever. Be careful and be very aware that your life is in danger.

Take precautions if you can. If you can't, you are definitely in harms way.

• Like 1

Tragic event. I am very sad at this news.

K. Somrak (Jon) worked for me for 7 years until around 2 years ago. He was a decent, loyal employee, who unfortunately happened to be around somebody who was marked for death because he had not paid his drug bills. He copped a single bullet through the lungs.

He leaves behind 2 children and another on the way.

K. Tawatchai (Wat) had basically run up a huge debt buying drugs wholesale on credit, selling them at profit and spending the money on himself rather than paying his bills. He had apparently been given quite a few "jai or die" warnings and had not delivered.

K. Sunthorn was the owner of the bar, and was un-lucky enough to have these events unfold in it. Apparently he copped a single shot to the head.

RIP Jon. I will miss you.

• Like 2

Seems as if soundman has the whole thing tied up with his knowledge of people involved and one persons actions or should I say inaction's which led to the deaths of innocent people.

His comments concerning the innocent victim are indeed interesting concerning a hard working man who was it seems a valued employee .Comments that are indeed sad children without a father and 1 who will never know his or her father and a lady left on her own and no welfare state here to help.

Edited by siampolee

personally in all of my + years here I've never had any problems and in the early days I used to drink in the Klong Toey area and sometimes i was told do not go to so and so tonight. I was like many others looked after.

the only mishap I ever had was around some 15 or so years back when I was embraced by a beautiful lady boy when leaving a company function at the old Ambassador Hotel on Sukhumvit road who in the process of telling me I was ''A hansum man" the blighter or blighteress nicked my mobile phone.xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.C4LgKzwLl8.webp

Probably me as much to blame as anyone as it was a case of ''Beer was in and wit was out."'drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Missus was none too pleased though when I told her what had happenedhit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Taking out a debt-ridden drug dealer is one thing, but killing 2 innocent people in the process is unnecessarily badass.

If you are the drinking partner of a debt-ridden drug dealer, I would suggest you think twice about going to roadside bars with him/her in future.

The wifes brother in law use to bring a Kg of weed in from Cambodia and sell it,

this was in Isaan, anyway the police told him to stop, but he carried on selling,

and was shot and killed, apparently,the police have freelance hit-men who carry,

this type of job out for them. she knows as her brother was (allegedly) employed as one.

Supposed what you are saying is true. Do you think they executed the guy because weed is bad for the kids, and just administred justice ? Get real.

Lived in Thailand for over 20 years. Never saw the violence which is reported now when I first came here.

The rampant drug abuse? The failure of the family? No jobs, no hope to make a life? You tell me. All factors, I suppose.

Thought Pattaya was declining into a lawless town. Pattaya has murders, rapes, and other violent crimes, day-after-day. Some murders are described as "suicides". Thailand has become "Suicide Heaven". Or a "Heaven" for wives/husbands or hit-men who want to throw their target off of a balcony.

Take a look at pattayadailynews.com for the realtiy of what is going on in Pattaya. A website that reports honest news.

In the States, I never went out of my office or home without my carrying my Walther PPK.

Anyone tries a kidnapping, assault, or attempted murder - I will respond with my firearm. And the cops can scrape them off the sidewalk.

Thais are not nice people anymore like they were 20 years ago. Thais have become "East LA Hoods".

Walk around in Bangkok, Pattaya or whereever. Be careful and be very aware that your life is in danger.

One of the silliest post I have seen here in a long time, I live in Chiang Mai and no problems there, just finished up a few days in Bangkok on Soi 4 and no problems there, just left Kanchanaburi and no problems there. keep up the reports it seems you have inside info.

• Like 2

"In the States, I never went out of my office or home without my carrying my Walther PPK." Wow, Walther PPK!! Sounds like you have been reading some old James Bond novels. As I recall, Mr. Bond was furnished with a .25 caliber PPK, hardly more effective than a BB gun. I imagine yours is about the same, unless of course, it's a figment of your overactive imagination.

Bel Mondo, lighten up. I've lived and worked and studied here(lamphun, chiang mai, bangkok, laemchabang, pattaya) over the past 17 years and I have had a peaceful time. Avoid the obvious situations(drink and drive, drink and walk, fight with other drivers on the road, stay outside after midnight, drive long distances at night, drive before-during-after-holidays at night) and you will do just fine. Yet, If you look for trouble it will find you.

• Like 1

I will make a guess that Charles Bronson's Death Wish movie is you favorite. I would be no less cautious or wary of you than I would be of any other street thug with gun.

No, no surely with a Walter (misspelling intentional) PPK favourite movie must be any of the James Bond series!

Yet another reason to never visit a bar frequented by Thai men!!coffee1.gif

Oh yeah, they rough hey ?

C'mon .. grow a pair, seriously.. i can't believe somebody can possibly think like this (be pussified to this degree).

If you know what's good for you, you should stay away from farangs. See what they did to you already ?

I agree with PhilipCook, In the 8 or so years I have spent in Thailand I am yet to witness any real acts of violence and am yet to be a victim of crime. I am wary of where I go, when I go, and who I am with.

Some people spend all their time in areas of high risk, like the bar areas of BKK, Pataya, Phuket etc drunk, and wonder why trouble happens.

PS - Paranoid drama queens / rednecks running around "packing" are a dime a dozen. Thailand would be better off without them, as would this forum.