'Child-abusing' Thai Abbot murdered by his victim

webfact

This is a very, very bizarre topic. First of all, is 17 years old considered a child? Secondarily, is it considered abuse, when the 17 year old consents to do the old man for a fee? Of course, there is a violation of some sort that takes place when the freak decides not to pay. But, does it rise to the occasion of abuse? That is a very strong term to apply to this situation, where the circumstances are murky at best. And lastly, does the fact that he did not pay warrant him being murdered? Punished maybe, but murdered? I am in no way condoning anything the abbott did. He is supposed to be a moral authority, and supposed to be a celibate, and an example to his people. He quite obviously fell way, way short of that mark. But, if what is reported is representative of the actual facts, I do not think we got the straight facts, perhaps?

Forget the of facts of the matter.

Is there a single person in the world who might not find something morally offensive here?

Underage sex, illegal sex, abuse, coercion, dishonesty, deceipt, blackmail, brutality, murder, corruption

I mean, to cram quite this much info one story would have most script writers laughing.

All that's left is that the kid used to pull wings off bugs.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way past time for those who are in charge of maintaining all the monks and temples in Thailand, the Sangha, to take some action in weeding out these monks. They are getting such a bad name around the world. I've been a Theravada monk for 6 years. I'm always getting in other monks faces for things I don't think they should be doing. And of course, I get the old Thai standard.. Mai Bhen Rai.. To Thai's, if it's ignored, it will go away. They are really hurting themselves in civilized countries and either they don't know or they don't care. I'm disgusted. sad.png

• Like 2

Some people here seems to think that the 17 year old boy did it willingly and for money.

The truth is that the monk has been in a "relationship" with this boy for years ,maybe since the boy was 12-13 , so this is underage abuse , the boy had no chance to escape it.

No wonder why he wanted to kill the devil in his life.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

The former novice told the police that he had met Pra Kru Indra earlier this year. The elderly monk then persuaded the suspect to visit to his residence, the suspect claimed, and asked to have sexual intercourse in exchange for 300 – 500 THB cash.

As their relationship developed, Pra Kru Indra started to refuse to pay the novice, according to the defrocked novice. The suspect then reportedly started to avoid the abbot.

That is from the OP. It appears that he met this young man earlier this year, so the guy may have been 16. The Abbot was most likely using his position of power over the young man, which is wrong on many, many levels.

Later in the OP, it talks about other novices and sexual abuse, but no indication of their age.

I've always thought that abuse in the Monkhood must be rampant and probably far worse than what's happened in the Catholic Church. Most of the novices are from very poor families with no 'power' and are brought up to believe in the superstition and sancturay of the temples. On the other hand, monks are potentially sex starved and many have previous criminal records.

What makes you think it is worse than the good old boys back in the west. In the early 90s the original sex scandals broke in New Mexico for years the church had been sending troubled priest from back east to obtain treatment in New Mexico. After a period of time the priest were deemed cured and they were set lose on the boys of New Mexico finally in the early 90s a few men came forward and sued the church, the flood gates opened up and hundreds came forward. The resulting pay out almost bankrupted the church in New Mexico. It all went silent as this would have been a good time for the church to take action, nothing happened they were hoping it would go away. After 10 years then the flood gates opened on the East coast and then moved West all because a bunch of old men ignored the problem when it broke in New Mexico 10 years earlier. A worse problem in Thailand I think not

Think the whole religious system worldwide, whether it is Buddhist, Muslim, Hindi, Catholic, etc. needs a >format C< and a restart (or two)... Too many rotten skeletons in the closet with all religions just being used for financial gain and as a tool to control, suppress, and hurt people.

Anyone hiding behind a robe or uniform, for the simple reason of living an easy life and for using his/her religious status to either extort money, live or enrich himself/herself on "donations", supress, control, hurt people, or rape children who have been put under his/her care, should not only be defrocked, but simply should be put behind bars for life.

Biggest problem I see is the rule of sexual abstinence or most religious abbots and priests since - obviously - the naturally given urge to perform sex is stronger than rules or guidelines written (and later falsified) by other mortal human beings.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

If you had read the original story it seemed the 17 year old was ok with the sex but NOT ok about not being paid on time!!!! this was not a kid, he was over 15 years old and looks like he gave consent.

no, it is not okay. neither is it okay to go out and look on the street or in special establishment for underage prostitutes and pay them for service nor is it okay if you misuse your position of a teacher like authority figure to manipulate underage victims in this kind of situation. there is no consent.

You must have had a very sheltered childhood to have become so naive, and perhaps you were a fat and ugly child so never caught any admirers! The age of consent is 15 in Thailand, he gave consent as the article made very clear, he was only upset when the money stopped.

If you had read the original story it seemed the 17 year old was ok with the sex but NOT ok about not being paid on time!!!! this was not a kid, he was over 15 years old and looks like he gave consent.

no, it is not okay. neither is it okay to go out and look on the street or in special establishment for underage prostitutes and pay them for service nor is it okay if you misuse your position of a teacher like authority figure to manipulate underage victims in this kind of situation. there is no consent.

My guess is that he/many were "groomed" for this type of "servoce"....You're 12-17 with no home and tha abbott/monk is your teacher....this abbott died too easily and the kid/boy/child is a pawn in an area he probably didn't know existed until he landed in the temple.....nothing about this is right......

And anyone that still believes in global warming hasn't studied the weather patterns for the last few 1000 years.....

What has this got to do with global warming? are you saying the abbots death was caused in some roundabout way because the boys arse was just too hot for him to resist?

BTW "groomed" for this type of "servoce. A big NO there mate, any boy over 12/13 does not need any persuading or grooming they are usually the leaders, and are very willing players. Why don't you get your facts straight... and you powers of awareness and "spelllong' are atrocious ?

Edited by newermonkey

I see a contingent of the NAMBLA seems to be chiming in in defense of the abbot. Comments like these insinuate that underaged teens and pre-teens not only are willing participants, but the actual 'leader' of the acts.

NAMBLA members and sympathizers -- you people are sick. Go get some help. If you abused my child and I found out, you'd be a post-op katoey by the time you attended your court date.

A very Catholic-like story......right down to the inaction and cover up + location changes.....damnable

Sorry I read this story.....that poor 17 year old kid.....

Perhaps. Though his only complaint was the refusal of payment for services rendered according to the story. Good riddance to the Abbot. His preying and bastardization of Gods truth is over. My prayers go to all those who's lives were altered by his peversions and misuse of trust and power. May you grow forth to see past mans sickness and awake to Gods truth

Whats God got to do with it? He was a Buddhist abbot.