'Child-abusing' Thai Abbot murdered by his victim

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a bit like the Catholic Church. I bet this goes on a lot in this country, but is mainly covered up,not believed, or ignored by the police until something like this happens. Then everyone is surprised and disgusted. Mmmmm, yes, just like the Catholic Church.

Woooooooooooohoooooo...wait, wait...what???

The monk had a novice program for underaged boys, some of whom he had sex with and payed 300 to 500 Baht and when he didn't pay up, the guy killed him?!

...where do I even start...???

...and why is "child- abusing" in parenthesis?

It's still a little kid, although 17 is getting to the line, there. But, if you pay a little kid for sexual services, you are still a predator, even if the little kid seems to consent. They can't consent.

Still, this one does seem like he was fine with it all until the money didn't come through. Odd story all around.

Sounds a bit like the Catholic Church. I bet this goes on a lot in this country, but is mainly covered up,not believed, or ignored by the police until something like this happens. Then everyone is surprised and disgusted. Mmmmm, yes, just like the Catholic Church.

"surprised and disgusted"

No they pretend to be surprised and disgusted as It happens to (almost) all young boys here, always has and probably always will. It would have happened to them as well but they would be "iey" admitting it as adults.

One more time Monks, Priests etc .. are only humain being after all .

What a facile excuse. Cops are only human too. Is that OK in your book? I'll refrain from tarring all monks with the same brush but far too many are parasites.

"surprised and disgusted"

No they pretend to be surprised and disgusted as It happens to (almost) all young boys here, always has and probably always will. It would have happened to them as well but they would be "iey" admitting it as adults.

Thank you for your insight into the situation. First hand experience is always welcome. A rarity on these boards.

What a shame the "monk" wasn't dispatched a little sooner, would have saved a lot of heart-ache for many young guys.

Sorry Sir, you have got it all wrong! Homosexual intercourse doesn' course heart-ache. It's more like a pain in the butt!coffee1.gif

The monk had a novice program for underaged boys, some of whom he had sex with and payed 300 to 500 Baht and when he didn't pay up, the guy killed him?!

Presumably because at this stage it's just an unproven allegation, and they are "quotes" or "inverted commas" not parentheses.

Nothing but an habitual pervert monk story in Thailand. And the most disgusting is the silence of the parents in this case. Now we know why the monks roam between temples... cheesy.gif

Personally I find it disgusting that you put a laughing icon on a report of this nature and, if you read the report, I think you will understand that the correct interpretation is that the abuse was reported but no action was taken by authorities.

Presumably because at this stage it's just an unproven allegation, and they are "quotes" or "inverted commas" not parentheses.

Sorry, yes... you are right!

I am not a native english- speaker so forgive me!

The abbot had once organised a summer novice ordination program, placing 10 boys into the novicehood, according to the police, and many of them complained to their parents that they had been sexually abused by the abbot, but no legal action was ever taken against Pra Kru Indra.

Outragious lack of action by the police........while I cannot condone murder, maybe in this case we should call it karma.

Maybe you could say 'justice has been done' coffee1.gif

Good job. Hope the abbot didn't die immediately.

That's a bit strong isn't it? just because he dint pay his bills. So you are going to bash some old conniving guy to death and hope he dies slowly just because he dint pay you the few hundred baht he owes you? OMG I wouldn't want to meet you in the wrong circumstances. w00t.gif

While I don't agree with the sentiment of the abbot dieing slowly, his death came about because he preyed upon young vulnerable boys. The fact he paid them is irrelevant. He was abusing and exploiting them and eventually one of his victims reacted. The abbot deserves no sympathy, the world is a better place without his presence in it. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Plain and simple.

He killed the guy over 500 bt.

Perhaps you would like to read the OP again, I have a different take on it that isn't so plain and simple.

"As their relationship developed, Pra Kru Indra started to refuse to pay the novice, according to the defrocked novice. The suspect then reportedly started to avoid the abbot" Implying that this happened on more than one occasion.

Under false pretenses the novice was lured by the abbot :

"On the night of the incident, the suspect said, the abbot contacted him because he urgently needed the boy to perform a holy tattoo for a customer. The novice rushed to the temple to find no customers but the abbot, who claimed that he had lied to the novice because he missed him"

Whether the above are true or not, the world can only be a better place without predators like this.

My world anyway.

If the events are true, then I do feel sorry for the novice.

Edited by chrisinth

Well, in this case sexually abused is completely incorrect!!! He simply didn't pay the boy for his services and that's what got him killed. How stupid is that boy anyway??? Ever heard of cash up front? Instead he got enraged and killed the guy and will now spend numerous years in prison over 300 Baht he didn't get.

Edited by pacovl46