tourist in private resicence - address reporting needed?

Thanks for helping me, could not find this while searching. I will soon be back in Thailand and will stay in my GF place and put her address in my entry form for immigration. I am on Visa excempt, but don't think it will make a difference.

I know that hotels must report foreigners to the police (kind of address reporting), but am not sure what I should do when I stay in a private place or how and where my GF would have to report my stay?

To add on that: She is registered in another place than the one we will be staying, but both her addresses are in the same city / zip area. Which one should be used, the one where she is registered or the one we will actually stay?

Appreciate all knowledgeable help.

Technically the 'Housemaster, Owner, or possessor' of the residence should file a Tm 30 to say that a foreigner is staying, but for a short visit I would not bother.

Thank you, ThaiDown, that is helpful, I found the form on immigration website. Since it says house owner, it's also clear which address needs to be used.

Stop worrying about it.

Its no issue and not your problem.

Thaiexpat21: It is an issue, since it is a legal requirement with fines for the house-owner if he does not report me and since my GF is the house-owner, it would automatically be my problem as well.

Immigration does not regularly enforce the rules for a home owner or possessor of a private residence. Only for hotels, guest houses, apartments and etc.

You are right, immigration normally does not care about private ownerships. but there have been reports (here on TV) that they started to look into it in the Phuket area. While I will not be there, I have decided to tell my GF to do the reporting to be on the safe side - and filling out a one pager is really easy and not worth waiting for problems. Issue is she is living in a mostly Thai moo baan and you never know what the neighbours will do or whether one of them works for BiB or immigration...

thaiexpat21, on 18 Oct 2013 - 16:10, said:snapback.png

Stop worrying about it.

Its no issue and not your problem.

Thaiexpat21: It is an issue, since it is a legal requirement with fines for the house-owner if he does not report me and since my GF is the house-owner, it would automatically be my problem as well.
Ok
I stand corrected !
Just ask (tell) your g/f to comply with the law. It is , of course, her responsibility smile.png

"... a mostly Thai moo baan and you never know what the neighbours will do or whether one of them works for BiB or immigration."

A few years back there was a Thai Immigration LT living in my mooban. Figured that might be handy one day so chatted him up, we even split a few Singhas, nice guys. When asked what section he worked at he replied Deportation. Oops, oh, well, did hope I'd not need his help!

Mac

Process is easy and she can mail the form to immigration.File out the TM 30 (both pages) with the address where you are staying (if your girl friend rents she is in possession and can report)and mail it to your immigration office with a return envelope with stamp. They will return a receipt in a week or so. Keeps everyone legal.