Politely fending off

MJP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'effort' of politely declining advances is nothing compared with what most fathers have to go through when their kid(s) grow up and start bringing home partners of their own! Learning how to politely fend keep people at arms length is a useful skill for later.

Come to think of it, there are lots of threads on here about men buying homes in their kid's names so the tables could turn and it could be the fathers trying to talk their way into being allowed to stay in their kids home.

The 'effort' of politely declining advances is nothing compared with what mos

t fathers have to go through when their kid(s) grow up and start bringing home partners of their own! Learning how to politely fend keep people at arms length is a useful skill for later.

Come to think of it, there are lots of threads on here about men buying homes in their kid's names so the tables could turn and it could be the fathers trying to talk their way into being allowed to stay in their kids home.

If you have brought up your child properly then that will not happen!

CCC

Politely say "no thanks, but thanks for thinking of me. Bye Bye" and open the door for them to leave. It's not rocket science. If they're offended by that little bit of politeness, so what? Maybe they won't darken your door again

• Like 1

i have had the same (for a short while only) and the easiest/quickest way to deal with it is simply saying "may ow" (which will not offend people, period). i like being alone (khun deow, sabai sabai) and free. most thai folks i know have concluded i don't like asian women. fair enough.

fact is, having a drink/tea with a single thai woman is looking for "trouble". they don't understand the concept of "pals" between women and men, especially farang man. i learned that pretty fast as i was and still am NOT interested in any sort of love relationship with a thai woman.

Edited by stickylies
  • Like 1

Learn to be a man and politely decline for starters...

But how without causing any offence to the offering party?

I don't like making other people feel bad in any way.

There is polite. There is no thanks. There is its not what I need right now. I don't want a girlfriend or sex thank you very much.

Funny as that may seem etc etc no free lunches, dinners, beds or bank accounts either.

Beyond that nobody is responsible for other people's feelings.

My father (in law), (or whatever) is no a widower, is constantly hounded by the richest woman in the village.

She brings him flowers, food and laughter. She is a very nice lady. He just says "no".

Being a single parent myself- I do know where the OP is coming from. Thai ladies assume that, since we are the ones raising the ' Look Kreung' we must be simple, easy to manipulate, sort of guys- a Thai man would generally have run a mile before accepting the responsibility of long term solo child care.

Often, getting back into relationships is not that easy when you're the sole parent.

Just keep on politely declining- none of us need embittered Thai women as enemies.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

My situation is totally opposite.

My knob works perfectly, only the single women don`t find me attractive any more.

Is there any chance the OP and me could do a deal and come up with a solution to our problems?

Make the masks of each other faces and switch rooms. :D

• Like 1

What is the Thai phrase for " I have enough dependents, i do not need any more!"

CCC

Por Kin Por Chai, I am led to believe that it means, " I only have enough food and money for myself " I have said it and seams to get the desired effect

• Like 1