Motorcyclist and passenger killed in East Pattaya road crash

webfact

Motorcyclist and passenger killed in East Pattaya road crash

crash-24.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday a motorcyclist and his passenger were killed after their bike collided with the rear of a stationary Petrol Tanker.

The incident occurred just before 3am on a dual carriageway in East Pattaya and resulted in the death of Khun Sakorn aged 31 and his passenger who was not carrying any forms of identification but is thought to be aged in his mid-thirties.

The bike struck the rear of a Petrol Tanker driven by Khun Suwit aged 33 who parked-up his Tanker on the carriageway so he could eat some food and take a break from driving. He had already delivered Petrol to Sriracha from his company’s base in Rayong Province and was on his return trip to Rayong when the crash occurred.

The tanker driver described how he was sitting in the cab when he heard a noise and felt a jolt and went to investigate and found the dead bike driver and his passenger slumped over their damaged motorbike.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/106313/motorcyclist-passenger-killed-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-19

And people wonder why I don't have a motorbike or car....

I did give up riding a bike a couple of years ago after too many friends wiped out in a short time (this was in Vietnam), but I certainly still use cars as I do not want to sit at home all day.

+90% of bike/car accidents in Pattaya happens early morning, I wonder whydrunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

I ride a pxc scooter and a truck. I don't ride the scooter after 2100 hours.

Can't live without them, shopping, getting our boy to school, go on holiday, live without own transport sucks (in my case).

+90% of bike/car accidents in Pattaya happens early morning, I wonder whydrunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Can't live without them, shopping, getting our boy to school, go on holiday, live without own transport sucks (in my case).

Are you too embarrassed to admit it is a PCX.laugh.png

I wonder if the lorry driver can be held at fault for parking up... Were his tail lights on?

There are numerous accidents that are a result of poor visibility at night, i.e. poor lighting, no street lights, poor headlights etc.. I drive a car but don't drive out of the city at night for this reason... there are simply too many vehicles without lights in highly dangerous positions. From cars with no lights travelling at 30kmh in the outside lane, to lorries parked up on the inside lane without lights, to farm vehicles without lights, motorcycles with no rear lights... driving at night in Thailand is so much riskier than driving in the day time, which in itself requires a greater deal of concentration than many other countries.

I wonder if the lorry driver can be held at fault for parking up... Were his tail lights on?

There are numerous accidents that are a result of poor visibility at night, i.e. poor lighting, no street lights, poor headlights etc.. I drive a car but don't drive out of the city at night for this reason... there are simply too many vehicles without lights in highly dangerous positions. From cars with no lights travelling at 30kmh in the outside lane, to lorries parked up on the inside lane without lights, to farm vehicles without lights, motorcycles with no rear lights... driving at night in Thailand is so much riskier than driving in the day time, which in itself requires a greater deal of concentration than many other countries.

A better question is what were the 2 idiots doing out on their motorcycle at 3 AM? Drunk no doubt.

P.S. If this were 2 farang they would be using their surnames (Not Mister Bobby etc.)

RIP to a fellow biker,but i'm intrigued how do you ride a truck?

Every time I think of getting a motorbike might be fun one of these pops up......thanks TV

I do (drive) have a nice strong SUV & will be content with that from now on.....

Same same, but mine's a pick-up (because it is taxed less).

Motorbikes in and around Pattaya are hideously dangerous. Using one up-country for tootling down the lane to the local store would be a different matter.