I found the reason why most Thais are thin

puukao

Give Thai people some decades of cheese, bread and some more money and then let's talk again about how thin they are Posted Image

The cheese is not necessarily bad for you but money is rather unpalatable and the coins will likely break your teeth if unable to swallow whole!!!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I understand it might be a difficult concept for someone... But give Thai people some more money to spend (as the "good" economy is now "filling" their pockets) and they will spend it in: food, food and some food as well.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they are rare as a side in your village, you live in a weird village

Don't know where you got the idea that I lived in a village. I live in Bangkok. Couldn't to pay me to live in a village anywhere in the world and certainly not Thailand.

Oh and on the subject of Brazilian women (someone mentioned above) yes some have epic beach bodies in places like Rio but that's not typical. Most range from normal to overweight based on what I saw when I lived there.

I saw more thin and beautiful girls in Sao Paulo, i.e. a non beach city, than I did in Rio (famous for it's beaches and beautiful women).

SP is an epic city. Best nightlife in the world.

I think this fatness is a conspiracy to pacify humans!!! how many fat people really want to revolt??

of course, if they are too thin, they will do even less.

Let me eat 5 big macs, 3 quarter pounders, some fries (supersized of course) and see if i want to do anything productive. lol.

remember, being fat in certain countries make others think you are rich.

i will now go on a 30baht soup diet for the next 2 months....

or, crazy thought, eat fruits and vegetables and all the other foods in moderation. nah....

if they are rare as a side in your village, you live in a weird village

Don't know where you got the idea that I lived in a village. I live in Bangkok. Couldn't to pay me to live in a village anywhere in the world and certainly not Thailand.

Oh and on the subject of Brazilian women (someone mentioned above) yes some have epic beach bodies in places like Rio but that's not typical. Most range from normal to overweight based on what I saw when I lived there.

I saw more thin and beautiful girls in Sao Paulo, i.e. a non beach city, than I did in Rio (famous for it's beaches and beautiful women).

SP is an epic city. Best nightlife in the world.

you couldnt pay me to live in a city anywhere in the world and certainly not thailand

Give Thai people some decades of cheese, bread and some more money and then let's talk again about how thin they are wink.png

The cheese is not necessarily bad for you but money is rather unpalatable and the coins will likely break your teeth if unable to swallow whole!!!

Yes, I understand it might be a difficult concept for someone... But give Thai people some more money to spend (as the "good" economy is now "filling" their pockets) and they will spend it in: food, food and some food as well.

'good economy' in Thailand!!!!

You are not going to tell me that you believe everything that that proven liar Kitekat (I know that is not his real name but he deserves to be ridiculed) tells you, do you?

If everyone is so well off (as you imply they are) then why are they cancelling their 'first car' scheme orders by the droves and racking up such massive household debts now? Of course, all those rice farmers are rolling in money now (not) and can afford smoked salmon and cheese sandwiches NB: they will have to put up with farmed salmon fed on corn and other toxins and highly processed cheese with plenty of additives made into nice thin square shapes to fit sugar laden carbohydrate bread!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Give Thai people some decades of cheese, bread and some more money and then let's talk again about how thin they are Posted Image

'good economy' in Thailand!!!!

You are not going to tell me that you believe everything that that proven liar Kitekat (I know that is not his real name but he deserves to be ridiculed) tells you, do you?

If everyone is so well off (as you imply they are) then why are they cancelling their 'first car' scheme orders by the droves and racking up such massive household debts now? Of course, all those rice farmers are rolling in money now (not) and can afford smoked salmon and cheese sandwiches NB: they will have to put up with farmed salmon fed on corn and other toxins and highly processed cheese with plenty of additives made into nice thin square shapes to fit sugar laden carbohydrate bread!!! 

Do you get the idea that Thai economy is now better than 10 years ago and people have some more money to spend?

Do you get the idea that Thai economy is now better than 10 years ago and people have some more money to spend????

thats certainly the case in isaan

This is hardly consolation for somebody who has twopence now whereas they only had a penny 10 years ago is it?

Do you get the idea that Thai economy is now better than 10 years ago and people have some more money to spend????

This is hardly consolation for somebody who has twopence now whereas they only had a penny 10 years ago is it?

re talking about.

you have no idea what youre talking about. diesel pickups, and kubota tractors everywhere

re talking about.

you have no idea what youre talking about. diesel pickups, and kubota tractors everywhere

It is true that a lot of Thailand's economy is underpinned by personal debt, both legal and from illegal money lenders. I have seen some absurd Debt To Income ratios. There's also plenty of reports in the Thai community of people being beaten and worse ( acid attacks in some cases ) for non payment of gambling and loan sharking debts. I know of one case where a woman borrowed 5,000 baht due to business failure and was to repay 6,000 baht 30 days later. She didn't have it and had to go borrow smaller amounts from family to repay the 6,000. So what did she then do? being broke again, she borrowed the 5,000 again from the sharks and off went the whole vicious circle again.

This type of story is far more common in Thailand than most farangs would believe. Then again most farangs in Thailand live in a bubble so how would they know anyway?

It is true that a lot of Thailand's economy is underpinned by personal debt, both legal and from illegal money lenders. I have seen some absurd Debt To Income ratios. There's also plenty of reports in the Thai community of people being beaten and worse ( acid attacks in some cases ) for non payment of gambling and loan sharking debts. I know of one case where a woman borrowed 5,000 baht due to business failure and was to repay 6,000 baht 30 days later. She didn't have it and had to go borrow smaller amounts from family to repay the 6,000. So what did she then do? being broke again, she borrowed the 5,000 again from the sharks and off went the whole vicious circle again.

This type of story is far more common in Thailand than most farangs would believe. Then again most farangs in Thailand live in a bubble so how would they know anyway?

I think you are the one living in a bubble (your fan club would obviously disagree).

What has this got to do with obesity in Thailand BTW - you are so off-topic that the off-topic police will be paying you a visit soon.

What makes you feel you are so superior to everyone else? your answers are usually rubbish bordering on nonsense on occasions!!

You stay in your bubble as I wouldn't like to be in there with you.

I think you are the one living in a bubble (your fan club would obviously disagree).

What has this got to do with obesity in Thailand BTW - you are so off-topic that the off-topic police will be paying you a visit soon.

What makes you feel you are so superior to everyone else? your answers are usually rubbish bordering on nonsense on occasions!!

Seems to me I answered the recent diversion of the topic on to economic matters, and I can read that you were also on that topic. If I am off topic I'm only following your lead.

Incidentally, I see you have gone on another woeful personal attack. just be quiet. Anyone reading the topic can see your merely being argumentative and obtuse.

Seems to me I answered the recent diversion of the topic on to economic matters, and I can read that you were also on that topic. If I am off topic I'm only following your lead.

Incidentally, I see you have gone on another woeful personal attack. just be quiet. Anyone reading the topic can see your merely being argumentative and obtuse.

I suppose it is good to see that you have'nt employed one of your sub-lieutenant underlings to defend your position. Can I say just how surprised and flattered I am that 'the mighty one' is actually following my lead!! I suppose that means that you are looking up to me for guidance.

I wasn't off-topic as we were debating the connection between being wealthy and how it impacts on obesity - not about the problems people have with loan sharks!!

If my surmised attack was woeful then why are you disturbed enough to implore me to stop it?

If you stopped being so condescending towards other people and got off you high horse then maybe I would see what you have got to offer by way of your arguments/position on other people's opinion.

I didn't realise that you were so touchy as to call me obtuse. Perhaps, if you treated others as having at least a semblance of intelligence for once then I would stop criticising your attitude and look at your postings seriously to see what you have to offer!!

I suppose it is good to see that you have'nt employed one of your sub-lieutenant underlings to defend your position. Can I say just how surprised and flattered I am that 'the mighty one' is actually following my lead!! I suppose that means that you are looking up to me for guidance.

I wasn't off-topic as we were debating the connection between being wealthy and how it impacts on obesity - not about the problems people have with loan sharks!!

If my surmised attack was woeful then why are you disturbed enough to implore me to stop it?

If you stopped being so condescending towards other people and got off you high horse then maybe I would see what you have got to offer by way of your arguments/position on other people's opinion.

I didn't realise that you were so touchy as to call me obtuse. Perhaps, if you treated others as having at least a semblance of intelligence for once then I would stop criticising your attitude and look at your postings seriously to see what you have to offer!!

Comically, you're doing it again. Let me know when you feel foolish. You look it already.

I agree, people do have more money now than they did 10 years ago.

People do get fatter as economies grow stronger.

Consumerism = chubby people (always has and probably always will thumbsup.gif )

Edited by ChrisB87

Not always true. In the U.S. slim and fit is associated with the rich. Obesity is associated with the poor.

Not always true. In the U.S. slim and fit is associated with the rich. Obesity is associated with the poor.

I thought they only did fat out there!!

Are you suggesting that rich people buy into consumerism more than poor people? (excuse the awful pun)