I found the reason why most Thais are thin

puukao

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot the messenger!!! haha. I did post this for comedy, and there are some funny responses. good.

There there is the problem of super thin people being unhealthy. maybe they smoke, and probably can't run 1 mile.

I am in America, and we are super, super, super fat. 300+ million, so luckily we have maybe 10 million super healthy. lol.

I did make a mistake when I said "don't come to Thailand in March". Sorry, my mistake, I meant North Thailand.

Now back to my 25oz bag of chips, triple whopper sandwitch, 2 liter DIET coke, and 2 bags of twizzlers.

oh wait, off to play hockey......save that "snack" for later.

coffee1.gif

C'mon guys, it's not their fault, Western women are just "bigger-boned"....

why do you limit yourself to western women?

Ahhhhh, because they are fat, obese slobs who are unable to control what they put in their mouths? Even after moving to Thailand!

Exercise moderately, eat a plate of Thai food in the portions that are served for your meals, snack wisely primarily on fruits and non-commercial kanom. You'll lose weight until you reach your 'ideal' weight. Then welcome to the healthy world.

Edited by connda

C'mon guys, it's not their fault, Western women are just "bigger-boned"....

why do you limit yourself to western women?

Ahhhhh, because they are fat, obese slobs who are unable to control what they put in their mouths? Even after moving to Thailand!

Exercise moderately, eat a plate of Thai food in the portions that are served for your meals, snack wisely primarily on fruits and non-commercial kanom. You'll lose weight until you reach your 'ideal' weight. Then welcome to the healthy world.

lots of western men are fat slobs as well

• Like 1

I get the distinct impression that it is, in fact, more socially acceptable to be bigger here, than the west.

You're getting mixed up mate.

In the West it is now perfectly acceptable for people, especially women, to be fat. All this 'curvy' and proud and big 'beautiful' women nonsense.

In Thailand it is not acceptable to be fat. The girls I know will starve themselves, not eat after 6pm, refuse dinner on a date etc because they don't want to be fat.

they prefer to eat bits of pork/chicken mixed with vegetables,

Vegetable consumption here must be low compared to the West. Sure there are sometimes tiny little bits of veg mixed in with things but no substantial amounts. Back in the UK I can get my 5 a day without trying.

Here I'd be lucky to get 2 portions of veg a day unless I go out my way. Whenever I pass someone selling sweetcorn, sweet potato, pumpkin etc on the street I stop to buy some even if not hungry as I want to get my vitamin intake up. Always make sure to fill up a box at Tops fresh salad bar too.

Most Thai's I know don't like veg.

Heck, I lost 6 kilos the first year I was here by just changing my diet to Thai food.

I lost 8kgs in my first month here and last time I checked I hadn't put it back on. I eat a mix of Thai and Western food and a bit of junk too.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 2

I get the distinct impression that it is, in fact, more socially acceptable to be bigger here, than the west.

In the West it is now perfectly acceptable for people, especially women, to be fat. All this 'curvy' and proud and big 'beautiful' women nonsense.

In Thailand it is not acceptable to be fat. The girls I know will starve themselves, not eat after 6pm, refuse dinner on a date etc because they don't want to be fat.

Vegetable consumption here must be low compared to the West. Sure there are sometimes tiny little bits of veg mixed in with things but no substantial amounts. Back in the UK I can get my 5 a day without trying.

Here I'd be lucky to get 2 portions of veg a day unless I go out my way. Whenever I pass someone selling sweetcorn, sweet potato, pumpkin etc on the street I stop to buy some even if not hungry as I want to get my vitamin intake up. Always make sure to fill up a box at Tops fresh salad bar too.

Heck, I lost 6 kilos the first year I was here by just changing my diet to Thai food.

I lost 8kgs in my first month here and last time I checked I hadn't put it back on. I eat a mix of Thai and Western food and a bit of junk too.

you must know some pretty weird thais

The chain fast food stores seem to get everyone through the door - Thai and foreigners alike - but places like Swensen seem to be almost totally populated by younger Thais with a little more pocket money than the average (Bangkok) Thai, usually dressed to impress. For all I know, it's their once-a-month treat, but it's reminiscent of the cafe latte set that I expect many will graduate to in due time.

There is another chain that I suspect is banned in most Western countries, and it's even more sickly than Swensen (!). Still modeled on some horrible plastic vision of a 1950's America that never existed anywhere outside a deeply disturbed subconscious, they sell waffles (normally something I enjoy) with the most unbearably sweet (sarsparilla ?) root beer I've ever encountered. Imagine if you took a vat of Dr Pepper, and had your evil henchmen pour buckets of white sugar into it - you'll only go there once. For those wanting to know just how bad junk food can get, they have an outlet at the top of CentralWorld in Patts - definitely not recommended for anyone with any existing health issues. Like Swensen, it took a Thai girl to introduce me to food this bad - thankfully, I've put the food and the girl behind me.

You ever notice that the countries where people have the nicest bodies (Brazil, Thailand) are also among the highest in the world with intestinal parasites?

Food for thought...

id have to see the statistics on both of those claims

Well, here ya go.

http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=4,107,999&q=186

http://www.apocpcontrol.org/paper_file/issue_abs/Volume13_No12/6175-79%2011.3%20Nopparat%20Songserm.pdf

Edited by KuhnPaen

You ever notice that the countries where people have the nicest bodies (Brazil, Thailand) are also among the highest in the world with intestinal parasites?

Food for thought...

Well, here ya go.

http://www.apocpcontrol.org/paper_file/issue_abs/Volume13_No12/6175-79%2011.3%20Nopparat%20Songserm.pdf

lol! i see no data proving brazilians and thais have the nicest bodies or that they have significantly more parasites than other countries at the same economic level

Food for thought...

Well, here ya go.

lol! i see no data proving brazilians and thais have the nicest bodies or that they have significantly more parasites than other countries at the same economic level

Wow, you really are fond of empirical evidence. I will google no more.

As far as 'nicest bodies' go...you really need a chart for that?

Food for thought...

I spent a fair amount of time in Brazil. Yes, they are famous for the "body beautiful". But the average Brazilian woman, especially when over the age of 30, is not skinny.

Food for thought...

I spent a fair amount of time in Brazil. Yes, they are famous for the "body beautiful". But the average Brazilian woman, especially when over the age of 30, is not skinny.

maybe the parasites jump ship by then?

Not so thin now.

In a few years someone will do a study and show direct correlation of the rising obesity in Thais with the increase in 7/11 stores.

Sounds logical. Those type stores are the source for the masses of Thais for cheap processed high sugar foods.

Not so thin now.

In a few years someone will do a study and show direct correlation of the rising obesity in Thais with the increase in 7/11 stores.

Sounds logical. Those type stores are the source for the masses of Thais for cheap processed high sugar foods.

ever watched them eat Kuay Teow ?? 4 heaping tablespoons of sugar in every bowl.

Sugar in drinks is a cause and the consumption of meat, eggs and dairy products:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZ2ZqBYlrI

Getting back to vegetarian food consumption and drinking water or treats like unsweatened hibiscus tea is a cure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niL4daPfsx0

Diabetes and other western conditions are in the news now in Asia as prosperity and corporate junk food replaces good old fashioned whole unprocessed plant foods Asians have eaten for years. There is plenty of youtube video content in English on the issue but healthy eating needs to be translated to Thai and promoted in public service messages on TV and in schools as much as the corporate junk food is.

You may not realise it but you are making a big mistake eating corn (even if it is organic and not GM), as corn, wheat and soy are all basically toxic to the digestive system. Even wholewheat is not particularly good for you surprisingly enough!!!

The only type of cereal that I would personally recommend is cold steel rolled oats as well as rye, quinoa and other such rich sources of fiber and nutrients.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE
  • Like 1

Sugar in drinks is a cause and the consumption of meat, eggs and dairy products:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZ2ZqBYlrI

Getting back to vegetarian food consumption and drinking water or treats like unsweatened hibiscus tea is a cure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niL4daPfsx0

Diabetes and other western conditions are in the news now in Asia as prosperity and corporate junk food replaces good old fashioned whole unprocessed plant foods Asians have eaten for years. There is plenty of youtube video content in English on the issue but healthy eating needs to be translated to Thai and promoted in public service messages on TV and in schools as much as the corporate junk food is.

Eating organic free-range eggs is positively good for you and is beneficial regards your cholesterol!! Also, cheese, milk and other dairy products are not the bad foods they are feted as being.

You do not want to believe any of the old 'bogus science' and lies that have been used by food companies and big pharma for decades to turn people away from healthy saturated fats such as coconut oil and onto toxic vegetable/canola oils (because they are cheaper to use) essentially.

The real danger is sugar (especially HFCS) as well as simple carbohydrates which are sending so many people to an early grave or setting themselves up for type 2 diabetes. Until people stop eating junk foods or cut down on them in a serious way (not because it makes you fat primarily) but because of the type of fat it lays down in your body ie: subcutaneous and the highly dangerous visceral fat in our abdomen and surrounding all of your vital organs.

Give Thai people some decades of cheese, bread and some more money and then let's talk again about how thin they are wink.png

The cheese is not necessarily bad for you but money is rather unpalatable and the coins will likely break your teeth if unable to swallow whole!!!

I think you will find theres a combiantion of factors including.......

Social pressure

Spicy food

Genuine malnourishment

Tapeworm infestation

This is a lot of nonsense. Talk to a doctor and they will make you even a more advanced member.

It is not a lot of nonsense, you are only new to this forum, so you would not have read the Blethers story. A lot of Thaivisa posters have, and will understand.

I wouldn't bother possum, he's only went on the attack without providing any form of rebuttal evidence.

It is well known that there is social pressure for women in particular in Asia to be slim, to deny it is to show you know nothing about Asia.

The properties of spicy food as a metabolic boost are well known.

Genuine malnourishment has been an endemic problem in Thailand, I have seen it why my own eyes.

Parasitic infections are common, very common. These parasites exist in the food chain and a recent WHO report estimated that 30% of the Worlds population are affected.

• Like 1