Bangkok: Online Furby doll seller gets 75-year jail term

webfact

What a joke, 75 years for this.

Santika 67 deaths, nothing.

Redd Bull Heir 1 death, nothing.

Moo Ham,3 deaths Nothing

Tollway Girl, 7 deaths, nothing.

What a joke.

Noted: that it has now been suspended for three years. Even so, in comparison to some of the other stuff recently, this still is a joke.

In the nothing cases the deaths were due to negligence, Thai people don't have the same view on negligence as westerners. Ever been in an accident with a Thai person driving completely moronically? What's their response? I didn't have intent to hit you (therefore didn't do anything wrong).

Also you can expect the Red Bull heir to get an equally harsh sentence.

Edited by wprime

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75 years - wow. My faith in the Thai justice system is fully restored now.

But read the whole story.

"As this is her first criminal offence and all affected buyers are compensated, a 3-year probation is put in plce. She still has to pay the fine and honour a 30-hour social service order" whistling.gif .

So actually the headline should read "Online fraudster scams B5 million, gets only probation."

The Nations copy editors should be shot.

I must say that the title of this thread is misleading.

So reading literally on the bottom line here, the woman virtually got off, although I would have thought if she had to serve 75 years or even half that amount, would have been way over the top.

A bit of community service and a fine, is not exactly a deterrent for the scammers, is it?

One thing that is almost as mysterious as the minds of women, are the minds of judges.

Apart from the ludicrous 75 years reduced to 30 hours community service, this woman scammed 5 million online and has effectively got off with the crime. Appreciate she has supposedly reimbursed everyone which mitigates but the sentence seems ridiculously light and hardly a deterrent to online scammers.

The justice system needs wholesale reform and quickly.

Apart from the ludicrous 75 years reduced to 30 hours community service, this woman scammed 5 million online and has effectively got off with the crime. Appreciate she has supposedly reimbursed everyone which mitigates but the sentence seems ridiculously light and hardly a deterrent to online scammers.

The justice system needs wholesale reform and quickly.