Rediculous Sayings.

aveabeeror2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you might wish to narrow your question.

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country - Thailand?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country folk - Thais ?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Thais say about us?

Or is it a general shotgun question, worth of banter at the Pub ... whistling.gif

Maybe you might wish to narrow your question.

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country - Thailand?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country folk - Thais ?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Thais say about us?

Or is it a general shotgun question, worth of banter at the Pub ... whistling.gif

To be on TV, guess it had better be sayings that are used here on TV.Good point .( I preferr 69 to 48)

My favourite is R.I.P. (A dead person is an inanimate object). So, R.I.P. is meaningless. Whats your favourite rediculous saying?

I believe this depends on one's spiritual beliefs. If one believes in the human spirit/soul and said spirit/soul has not left the body, then "rest" may still be applicable. This reasoning may be mighty thin, but it sounds reasonable in my opinion.

Continuing:

"Land of the free, home of the brave".

"E pluribus unum".

"Free elections".

Edited by Nusquam Humanitus

(A dead person is an inanimate object).

That's a purely a matter of opinion.

I believe the OP is almost 100% correct on this one. There is only one definition that I could find that might disprove his logic; Animate - of or relating to animal life. Every other definition refers to movement and actually being alive. I still stand by the potential, non-material aspect of this quagmire.

My favourite is R.I.P. (A dead person is an inanimate object). So, R.I.P. is meaningless. Whats your favourite rediculous saying?

I believe this depends on one's spiritual beliefs. If one believes in the human spirit/soul and said spirit/soul has not left the body, then "rest" may still be applicable. This reasoning may be mighty thin, but it sounds reasonable in my opinion.

Continuing:

"Land of the free, home of the brave".

"E pluribus unum".

"Free elections".

Yes but, the spirit would have to have access to TV to get the RIP message.

I believe the OP is almost 100% correct on this one. There is only one definition that I could find that might disprove his logic; Animate - of or relating to animal life. Every other definition refers to movement and actually being alive. I still stand by the potential, non-material aspect of this quagmire.

Faith, belief without evidence, unsupported and unsupportable.

Sorry my ilinformed poster, it is not a matter of opinion, it is a proven scientific fact.

You're confusing the afterlife with evolution. Evolution is a proven scientific fact.

I'll buy a case of beer for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is nothing remaining of us after our corporeal life is over.

(I'll buy a Maserati for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is something remaining of our consciousness after corporeal life is over)

Edited by impulse