Drunk 'polytechnic student' robs Bangkok 7-Eleven store

webfact

Bangkok is getting realy bad,so many stories about the place,must be horrible to live there

It's what, 15M people ? The English language media only reports a part of it, with population that large heads are rolling every day. I do agree with the horrible, due to congestion and the city just being plain ugly.

This story makes as much sense as I take 20 minutes to down my first pint (the bliss on my face captured on CCTV) before vanishing unseen into the ether.

'See what I'm holding in my hand?'

'Ooh, that's a big one.'

'And I'm going to stick it in you if you don't cough up the money. Now.'

'I'm the one who should get money from you. Stingy rat.'

Look, let's get it over with.'

'Short-time?'

'Yeah.'

'Let me count the cash first. So it's on CCTV, right?'

'Suppose.'

'Then what?'

'You give the cash to me. We have short-time behind the corn-flakes and when we finish you let me go out the back. O.k?'

'Do I get a tip?'

'Yeah, say I was drunk or something...'

In the majority of incidents of violence,robbery and social altercations conducted under the influence of alcohol it would appear that the effect of alcohol intoxication does in some way mitigate the action. Alcohol is seen as the silver bullet which reduces both the seriousness and the culpability. However was it a drunk foreigner then the opposite would be applied.

Is that your opinion, that 'alcohol mitigates the action'? ....or are you commenting on how 'society' sees it? Either way, for people like me, alcohol IN NO WAY excuses stupid, illegal or dangerous behavior. I offer no excuses to alcohol-sullied people, whether they walked through a glass door the night before, or raped a 13 year old girl, or ran off the road in their SUV and killed a mother and child.

Not in any way my opinion. It is simply my observation as to how Thai society and the police and judiciary down play responsibility and personal a countability. You would need a magnifying glass to find it.

• Like 1

A CCTV video record shows that the suspect took only 20 minutes to rob the store

xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-IItaThStW.webpOnly 20 minutes?

What did he do? Queue up?

I know. He joined the wrong queue and got stuck behind a woman paying her electricity and water bill in 5 baht coins. Next in line was a gang of Korean tourists buying a phone sims so the staff had to enter the pin number for them. As he reached the front of the queue a bloke strolled in, went straight to the counter and asked for a packet of Khrong Thip. The bloke paid with a 1000 baht note so the staff had to get some more 100 baht notes as change from the safe.The robber felt a bit peckish so he ordered a hot dog smokey bite and a sticky rice burger which they stuck in the microwave and then the staff tried to sell him some tasteless, dodgy biscuits they had on promotion at the counter. He was about to demand the takings but the staff took an eternity counting off the promotional stickers he was entitled to. The staff then had to figure out how many straws and little plastic spoons they had to give him for the 5000 baht and put the cash in 20 separate plastic bags. As he attempted to flee the staff called him back because he'd forgotten his receipt.

My nomination for qoute of the year!

What the hell took him 20 minutes? He spent almost half an hour in the store just to ridicule himself with a knife and eventually get away with 5000thb. Meanwhile the girl made a mess on the floor behind the counter..was that a food fight there or what?

Edited by A1Str8

I bet the girl put the cash in a plastic bag for him.

As I said before--just seems strange that the girl was on her own at 2am in the morning, Always I note there are 3 or so on duty, just a bit puzzling. No other customers in or outside the shop, Odd, just one of those nights where all other staff were on holiday???

A CCTV video record shows that the suspect took only 20 minutes to rob the store

I know. He joined the wrong queue and got stuck behind a woman paying her electricity and water bill in 5 baht coins. Next in line was a gang of Korean tourists buying a phone sims so the staff had to enter the pin number for them. As he reached the front of the queue a bloke strolled in, went straight to the counter and asked for a packet of Khrong Thip. The bloke paid with a 1000 baht note so the staff had to get some more 100 baht notes as change from the safe.The robber felt a bit peckish so he ordered a hot dog smokey bite and a sticky rice burger which they stuck in the microwave and then the staff tried to sell him some tasteless, dodgy biscuits they had on promotion at the counter. He was about to demand the takings but the staff took an eternity counting off the promotional stickers he was entitled to. The staff then had to figure out how many straws and little plastic spoons they had to give him for the 5000 baht and put the cash in 20 separate plastic bags. As he attempted to flee the staff called him back because he'd forgotten his receipt.

40 liikes for a boring, unfunny verbose joke. My opinion about the the average IQ of TV members grows stronger everyday.

BTW, my average time in-and-out of 7-eleven is less than 30 seconds, plus of course any microwaving time. Buddha bless these kids being useful any hour of the day or night, for a pay of pennies.

Edited by paz

My sincere apologies for making the joke that offended your sensibilities and caused you to deem it necessary to make such a pointless post. Although having a tested iq of 152 i must commend you on what you must consider to be a cutting retort regarding the intelligence of tv members. Inaccurate and mind numbingly tedious at the same time. I congratulate you. Of course if there are issues pending in your life that you cant face up to causing you to vent your spleen in other directions you could always start a thread soliciting advice from your fellow tvf members. Of course we're too pig shit thick to give a helpful answer being a bunch of morons. I'll save you some time by telling you this is my final post on this thread. Getting into a sparring match with somebody so obviously up his own arse and lacking any sort of ability to take what was a light hearted joke in the manner in which it was intended would be utterly futile. :-)

• Like 2

Has it occurred to no-one that it was obviously supposed to read "20 seconds"?

The student maybe stuttered badly when asking for the money, " this is is a a a st st st stick uuu ppp up, I meen a a a ho ho ho ld ld hold up, ge ge ge get yaya ha ha hands up g g g g gi gi gi give me me ya money. Krap

Ah, Kenneth Williams

40 liikes for a boring, unfunny verbose joke. My opinion about the the average IQ of TV members grows stronger everyday.

BTW, my average time in-and-out of 7-eleven is less than 30 seconds, plus of course any microwaving time. Buddha bless these kids being useful any hour of the day or night, for a pay of pennies.

Ooooooooooh...someone had a bad day?!

What else is a drunkard supposed to do between the hours of 2pm and 5pm?

Find somewhere showing Suarez and Sturridge's goals and think how much sweeter they will be against the gooners next week. :-)

Edited by Bluespunk

What else is a drunkard supposed to do between the hours of 2pm and 5pm?

Like this one, 50 lashes, rub a bit of salt in the rawness. 2am -5am drunk.

Like a drunk 2pm to 5pm Sleep. after sleep a bit of therapy, and his wife packs her bags.