How much money is nothing to you?

i think the real point is any extra airport taxes are RELATIVELY small so they have no meaningful impact on the overall price and therefore purchase decision between flying (and using the airport) or using one of the other "substitute" services (e.g. bus/train/unicycle/etc) - for most people the airport taxes will have absolutely no impact on their choice of mode of transport

however, i like the OP's humour (or commercial genius) - maybe you could start a website and list the names of the people who give a donation along with the amount that they donated and consider to be "nothing" - i think it would be very popular with wannabe "hi-so" thais (if you have a facebook page too of course)

• Like 1

I remember the 500 baht exit fee from not so long ago.

Yes , a tourist then I had spent my last Baht in Thailand and then suddenly had to find 500 extra some way or another. Then you realise it is a lot of money.

Suppose it is included in the ticket now.

I'd cross Pattaya 2nd Road blind drunk and naked at 11pm to retrieve a dropped Satang. w00t.gif

No please spare us the mental picture . Even a lady boy wouldn't do that for 1bt. Good luck tight gsx, and remember your green cross code !.

36 Baht.

My electric bill just came in at 564 Baht and I gave the nice lady 600 Baht and refused the change.

You just wait till you install light bulbs, you wont be tipping then. whistling.gif ..........................laugh.png

We turn lights off in this house my dear!

I was expecting over 1500 Baht bill this month due to an excessive amount of laundry, but no. It appears the policy of installing efficient everything is working.

Oh and I bought a real gas kettle, old style, whistles upon boiling. That will reduce the bill further.

Granny used to thunp into my thick head.. "look after your penny and halfpennies and the punds will mind themselves".

Money is relative. If you have zillions a few bucks here and there is not even a flicker. If you have only 100 baht you feel it hard.

If you are travelling usually a small amount on the cost of travel is budgeted for. Remember 500 baht is about $20.00 canadian US Aussie so not big to that market.

Retired in Thailand 500 baht seems more as we are settling in and used to price points here so to us compared to Thai wages, it is high.

But tourists do not live here so a dent only I guess.

And I do care for all my money so I can spend it on greater indulgences.

Granny used to thunp into my thick head.. "look after your penny and halfpennies and the punds will mind themselves".

Money is relative. If you have zillions a few bucks here and there is not even a flicker. If you have only 100 baht you feel it hard.

If you are travelling usually a small amount on the cost of travel is budgeted for. Remember 500 baht is about $20.00 canadian US Aussie so not big to that market.

Retired in Thailand 500 baht seems more as we are settling in and used to price points here so to us compared to Thai wages, it is high.

But tourists do not live here so a dent only I guess.

And I do care for all my money so I can spend it on greater indulgences.

I like that....honor the Groschen and the Schilling will be OK...something like that is in every language....