Thailand to attract 5m high-calibre Chinese

webfact

Hurrah! Finally Thailand will soon be officially colonised by the Chinese. Though in actual fact, the Chinese already colonised Thailand decades ago and that is why the whole country is run by the Thai-Chinese while the Thais are "indirectly groomed thru poverty and lack of education and opportunities" to be the supporting menial classes to serve their colonisers and while the Chinese colonisation brought with it drugs,organised mafia, prostitution and corruption(tea money) into the Thai Culture, Thailand will soon be officially colonised by the Chinese.

All businesses, land etc will be under the control of the Chinese while there will be greater emphasis on the development of Chinese Cuture here , already we have top echelons of the country frequently visiting China and promoting Chinese Musical Instruments instead of Traditional Thai Musical Instruments.Even fair yellow skin is being promoted as the criteria for being rewarded a status in society here.

And we have thousand of overstays here of Chinese origin who blend in without the authorities checking on them.

To all you Thais on non-Chinese origin here, your days are numbered. You and all your offsprings and future generations will be condemmened to serve your new masters for generations unless you do something about it now to seize back your land and businesses.

Good post with some valid points, but short on an understanding of history.

First off, opium was spread to China and throughout SE Asia by the original drug cartel, the British East India Company. Same goes for distilled alcohol. Second, most of the Thai-Chinese elite in Thailand were born and/or educated in Britain and America. One recent PM was born in Newcastle, England. Another bought Manchester City FC. More Anglo than Chinese really.

The Thai people originate from southern China, and China is just a few hundred miles from Thailand. As superpowers go, China is hardly the worst in the world. After all, it wasn't the Chinese who bombed Laos and Cambodia into the stone age just a few decades ago.

I seriously doubt if Thai culture was free of organised crime, prostitution and corruption before the Chinese arrived, so you can't blame them for that.

I'm puzzled about what a Thai traditional musical instrument might be. All of the instruments I've seen used in Thai local music are generic SE Asian types, usually of Chinese origin. And of course, Thai musical culture has been completely overwhelmed by the western drums, guitar, bass, keyboards style of music, not to mention karaoke.

It's true that the Thai peasantry work for their Thai-Chine masters. You only have to visit a building site or factory to see that. But you can't knock the Chinese just because they value education and are good businessmen.

Yes, the Chinese influence in Thailand will grow, but that's not necessarily the worst thing in the world.

Here again we see the double standards of these farang who think it's perfectly fine for the british east india company to spread opium but complains of tourist visits from china but has no problem if the tourists come from his farang country. Every single day you'll see posts of his nature where they somehow ignore all the bad actions of his people, country and then condemns the other party for behaving in a much less worse way.

Also yup the generic instruments used in SEA originally came from china so it's really stupid to say chinese instruments are replacing them. In fact the thai ppl themselves came from china. Thai language is quite similar to chinese language just see their numbers and how they are pronounced.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re; Thailand's tourism industry: The two factors which most motivate how Thai planners think are: MONEY and CHINA.

The money aspect needs no articulation. The 'China' aspect is a reflection of the Chinafication of Thailand. It's been going on for over a century, and the Chinese-Thai Shinawatre clan (and their Chinese-Thai buddies on high) are now planning to accelerate it. Only a bit of prodding by Beijing, gets an astute response from Bangkok. In the near future, Bkk won't even need prodding, just a directive from HQ.

Some posts containing overly derogatory comments towards Thais or other nationalities have been removed as per forum rules.

Either way I for one am fed up with posters continually breaking the rules and getting away with it.

The moderation team is not able to read each and every post that is posted daily, there is the report button in the lower left hand corner of each and every post you can use to report objectionable content and a moderator will then act on the objectionable content.

Re; Thailand's tourism industry: The two factors which most motivate how Thai planners think are: MONEY and CHINA.

The money aspect needs no articulation. The 'China' aspect is a reflection of the Chinafication of Thailand. It's been going on for over a century, and the Chinese-Thai Shinawatre clan (and their Chinese-Thai buddies on high) are now planning to accelerate it. Only a bit of prodding by Beijing, gets an astute response from Bangkok. In the near future, Bkk won't even need prodding, just a directive from HQ.

Thailand's culture is originally from china. Their number system comes from the chinese. The numbers are pronounced pretty similar to chinese and not only that many foods are also chinese. Kway tiao is chinese for example.

I do find it odd though. Take russians in pattaya is that the russianification of pattaya? Well probably yes but you know for some odd reason that's fine for these TV posters cos russians aren't chinese.

I'm just curious why do some of you have no problems if the tourists come from the UK but the minute they come from china you have some offense to it and mind you you don't own thailand.

That's like person A going into a different neighbourhood and staying in some person's house and suddenly isn't happy when that person invites another person B to stay at his house. Person A definitely has no right to say anything cos he doesn't own the house and he's also an outsider staying in the house just like person B.

Hurrah! Finally Thailand will soon be officially colonised by the Chinese. Though in actual fact, the Chinese already colonised Thailand decades ago and that is why the whole country is run by the Thai-Chinese while the Thais are "indirectly groomed thru poverty and lack of education and opportunities" to be the supporting menial classes to serve their colonisers and while the Chinese colonisation brought with it drugs,organised mafia, prostitution and corruption(tea money) into the Thai Culture, Thailand will soon be officially colonised by the Chinese.

All businesses, land etc will be under the control of the Chinese while there will be greater emphasis on the development of Chinese Cuture here , already we have top echelons of the country frequently visiting China and promoting Chinese Musical Instruments instead of Traditional Thai Musical Instruments.Even fair yellow skin is being promoted as the criteria for being rewarded a status in society here.

And we have thousand of overstays here of Chinese origin who blend in without the authorities checking on them.

To all you Thais on non-Chinese origin here, your days are numbered. You and all your offsprings and future generations will be condemmened to serve your new masters for generations unless you do something about it now to seize back your land and businesses.

Dude get your facts straight. The thai chinese like chinese all over the world manage to work hard and build businesses and gain economic and political power. This is very very different from western colonization which is basically using military might to colonize the country and the westerners have done it to many countries and probably to thailand although not in the conventional sense. In fact if you want to call chinese tourists visiting thailand as colonization then we can jolly well say thailand has long been colonized by farangs but for some odd reason you don't see it this way.

So you admit Thailand has been colonised?

The issue with colonisation is that policy is not set with the needs of the local population paramount. The policy is set to benefit an outside agency, so it makes little difference how the colonisation takes place, the results are largely the same.

No i didn't admit to it. Visiting a country as a tourist does not mean you are colonizing it. If not would you say the many tourists from western countries are colonizing thailand?

Yet the minute the tourists are chinese you say they are colonizing thailand. What a big joke.

Thailand's culture is originally from china. Their number system comes from the chinese. The numbers are pronounced pretty similar to chinese and not only that many foods are also chinese. Kway tiao is chinese for example.

I do find it odd though. Take russians in pattaya is that the russianification of pattaya? Well probably yes but you know for some odd reason that's fine for these TV posters cos russians aren't chinese.

I'm just curious why do some of you have no problems if the tourists come from the UK but the minute they come from china you have some offense to it and mind you you don't own thailand.

That's like person A going into a different neighbourhood and staying in some person's house and suddenly isn't happy when that person invites another person B to stay at his house. Person A definitely has no right to say anything cos he doesn't own the house and he's also an outsider staying in the house just like person B.

Yes, and Thais use over 500 words taken from English (a.k.a. 'tap sap').

I think one aspect of the new Thai policy that irks farang, is the favoritism expressed by the Chinese-Thai Shinawatre government (who unabashedly take orders from one man) to cater to Chinese visitors. The Shinawaters are, by their own admission and actions, fast-tracking policies to that end.

Farang visitors and residents, who individually contribute, on average, between half and 2 million baht annually to the Thai economy, are treated somewhat like (or worse than) the Afrikaaner gov't treated blacks in S.Africe prior to the banning of Apartheid. We are required to carry ID at all times, we're required to get and pay high prices for visas, we can't own property in our own names. Thais can own property in their own names in our home countries. Plus it's much easier for Thais to get nationality elsewhere than for farang to get nationality (or even just residency status) in Thailand. Similarly, Chinese are coming over every day, and it's relatively easy for them to get residence and eventually Thai nationality.

I hired a Chinese laborer from Sichuan. He never had more than 40 baht in his pocket. After 8 years residing illegally in Thailand, he got an Official Thai ID card. He showed it to me. There are strong clandestine (under the radar) organizations in Thailand whose purposes encompass: facilitating Chinese getting residency and citizenship here, plus they assist with getting loans for Chinese businesses. You don't hear about them, but just in my one small city here in N. Thailand, there are at least two. I could show you the building facades, if you're interested. But we couldn't go inside.

Edited by boomerangutang

I think one aspect of the new Thai policy that irks farang, is the favoritism expressed by the Chinese-Thai Shinawatre government (who unabashedly take orders from one man) to cater to Chinese visitors. The Shinawaters are, by their own admission and actions, fast-tracking policies to that end.

Farang visitors and residents, who individually contribute, on average, between half and 2 million baht annually to the Thai economy, are treated somewhat like (or worse than) the Afrikaaner gov't treated blacks in S.Africe prior to the banning of Apartheid. We are required to carry ID at all times, we're required to get and pay high prices for visas, we can't own property in our own names. Thais can own property in their own names in our home countries. Plus it's much easier for Thais to get nationality elsewhere than for farang to get nationality (or even just residency status) in Thailand. Similarly, Chinese are coming over every day, and it's relatively easy for them to get residence and eventually Thai nationality.

I hired a Chinese laborer from Sichuan. He never had more than 40 baht in his pocket. After 8 years residing illegally in Thailand, he got an Official Thai ID card. He showed it to me. There are strong clandestine (under the radar) organizations in Thailand whose purposes encompass: facilitating Chinese getting residency and citizenship here, plus they assist with getting loans for Chinese businesses. You don't hear about them, but just in my one small city here in N. Thailand, there are at least two. I could show you the building facades, if you're interested. But we couldn't go inside.

Oh crap a farang complaining of racism by the thai govt and actually pissed off about some chinese laborer getting an official thai ID while he's racially discriminated cos in his own words he needs to carry his passport with him at all times and you know how damn racist that is cos i suppose the police stop him everywhere and asks to check his ID. All foreigners cannot own land in thailand regardless of their race or nationality unless you mean to tell me only farang foreigners cannot own land while chinese foreigners can own land. Last time i checked i see how soi cowboy for example caters more to the english speaking foreigners rather than the chinese ones or are you jealous that somehow more thais are learning to speak mandarin and invite these china tourists into massage places. One of these days who knows there might be a soi tanniya for the chinese too. Probably piss you off even more when the thais ignore you and call out to the chinese ones instead.

• Like 1

Yes it's money. It's the same for other foreigners too. Unless you mean to tell me somehow a foreigner like you deserves to stay in thailand despite not contributing any money but due to the intrinsic nature of you somehow being superior maybe in a racial manner.

China is a more powerful nation and mind you not only in the region but the world stage it has been that way for thousands and thousands of years. Go back over 500 years and you will see the kings of siam paying respect to the ming emperors of china.

Btw i noticed that when the US president visited thailand the US secret service took over all the security in thailand despite the fact that they were the visitors. Did you find any offence to that? I doubt it cos the US is a western country and due to that somehow they are intrinsically superior to the thais since thais are asian and have every right to dictate how the thais run security. Yet you know another curious thing? If china were to do the same exact thing you would be offended by it. In short US does it it's fine, China does it it's offensive.

The post above, by Snake24, essentially agrees with what I mentioned prior. The poster just chooses to take umbrage at a farang pointing it out, and chooses to be contrarian. Anyone can support anything, if they so choose. There are Bible thumpers who support burning witches at the stake. To each his own.

BTW, my mention of a dirt poor laborer (living in a 4 sq.M grass hut) getting Thai citizenship in 8 years with just a one-time pay-off to his Chinese-Thai clandestine organization, is a MICROCOSM of what happens every day. It's harder for a poor laborer to gain citizenship than anyone else who is higher on the social ladder. So multiply the laborer by how ever many hundreds of thousands, then add hundreds of thousands (or perhaps millions) of Chinese of comparatively higher classes, who want to clandestinely immigrate to a country with free speech and bevies of available women, ....and you start to get a picture of the continuing Chinafication of Thailand.

As it related to the topic: By fast-tracking and increasing Chinese numbers coming to Thailand, it can only increase numbers who are doing what I'm claiming is happening (in above blurbs).

The post above, by Snake24, essentially agrees with what I mentioned prior. The poster just chooses to take umbrage at a farang pointing it out, and chooses to be contrarian. Anyone can support anything, if they so choose. There are Bible thumpers who support burning witches at the stake. To each his own.

BTW, my mention of a dirt poor laborer (living in a 4 sq.M grass hut) getting Thai citizenship in 8 years with just a one-time pay-off to his Chinese-Thai clandestine organization, is a MICROCOSM of what happens every day. It's harder for a poor laborer to gain citizenship than anyone else who is higher on the social ladder. So multiply the laborer by how ever many hundreds of thousands, then add hundreds of thousands (or perhaps millions) of Chinese of comparatively higher classes, who want to clandestinely immigrate to a country with free speech and bevies of available women, ....and you start to get a picture of the continuing Chinafication of Thailand.

As it related to the topic: By fast-tracking and increasing Chinese numbers coming to Thailand, it can only increase numbers who are doing what I'm claiming is happening (in above blurbs).

The 2nd part is what i find really curious too. It actually borders on racism that is you're specifically focusing on the fact that they are chinese that's it. Isn't it good that higher classed chinese are migrating or staying in thailand rather than dirt poor laborers? Also what is the problem of chinese men getting say thai women or the bevies of available women? It's this really curious case that is so puzzling to me. It would make more sense if they were migrating to your country which would be some farang country and getting your nation's bevies of available women then i could see how you would feel offended. Yet aren't you yourself and your country men going to thailand and taking their bevies of available women?

Chinafication of thailand? Are thais starting to speak mandarin/chinese more often? Actually i feel that the anglofication of thailand and china where they speak english and the setting up of american fast food places like macdonalds is even more worrying. I mean it's so apparent and in your face compared to the chinafication of thailand in which i cannot really see at all. Those thais that you see that look like chinese ppl aren't really chinese. Many thais from chiang mai for example look chinese.

Er..........Welcome to Asia and have a positive day.

On the issue of thaksin being chinese yes we can see it from here how he has chinese ancestors but how chinese is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Thaksin's great-grandfather, Seng Sae Khu, was an immigrant from Meizhou, Guangdong, China, who arrived in Siam in the 1860s and settled in Chiang Mai in 1908. His eldest son, Chiang Sae Khu, was born in Chanthaburi in 1890 and married a Thai woman named Saeng Somna. Chiang's eldest son, Sak, adopted the Thai surname Shinawatra ("routinely appropriate action") in 1938 because of the country's anti-Chinese movement, and the rest of the family also adopted it.[4]

Seng Sae Khu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Sae Khu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then by moving into finance, construction and property development. Thaksin's father, Lert, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong (a daughter of Princess Jantip Na Chiang Mai). In 1968, Lert Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal party. Lert Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. Lert Shinawatra opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai.[4]

Thaksin was born in San Kamphaeng, Chiang Mai province. He lived in the village of San Kamphaeng until he was 15, then moved to Chiang Mai city to study at Montfort College. At 16, he helped run one of his father's cinemas.[5]

Thaksin married Potjaman Damapong in 1980. They have one son, Panthongtae and two daughters, Pintongtha and Peathongtarn. They divorced in 2008.[6] Thaksin's youngest sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, entered politics in 2011 at her brother's request as leader of the pro-Thaksin Pheu Thai Party and was elected prime minister on 3 July 2011.

His great grandfather is chinese and based on that write up his great grandmother should also be from china cos there is no indication that his great grandfather married a thai woman unless you guys can confirm it.

His paternal grandfather Chiang Sae Khu married a thai woman so now the chinese lineage isn't so strong. His eldest uncle took up the surname shinawatra. His own father married a thai princess so the chinese lineage is even smaller.

So let's establish this. We all have 2 parents, 4 grandparents and 8 great grandparents. From the wiki thaksin only has 2 great grandparents of chinese heritage so this means the other 6 were northern thais. Not only that his chinese ancestors took up a thai surname so they became thai and not chinese. In fact the amount of chinese-ness in thaksin is very very minute and mind you this isn't the BS one drop rule for black ppl in the US.

This is to counter how some TV members claim that thaksin is selling out the country due to the fact that he is racially chinese but the amount of chinese in thaksin is so small. Thaskin wouldn't even be considered a white man at all if we replaced the chinese with whiteness. He's not even 1/4 chinese.

Why are ppl still bringing up the chinese-ness of thaksin? Cos of his physical appearance. Thaksin does look rather chinese doesn't he? This is because the thai heritage of his look chinese too cos they are oriental thais and don't have that dark skin malay look. Many ppl just cannot get pass the fact that there are many thais that look chinese it just doesn't register. They are trying to make it look like thaksin is selling out thailand due to his very very minute chinese heritage.

Dude get your facts straight. The thai chinese like chinese all over the world manage to work hard and build businesses and gain economic and political power. This is very very different from western colonization which is basically using military might to colonize the country and the westerners have done it to many countries and probably to thailand although not in the conventional sense. In fact if you want to call chinese tourists visiting thailand as colonization then we can jolly well say thailand has long been colonized by farangs but for some odd reason you don't see it this way.

So you admit Thailand has been colonised?

The issue with colonisation is that policy is not set with the needs of the local population paramount. The policy is set to benefit an outside agency, so it makes little difference how the colonisation takes place, the results are largely the same.

No i didn't admit to it. Visiting a country as a tourist does not mean you are colonizing it. If not would you say the many tourists from western countries are colonizing thailand?

Yet the minute the tourists are chinese you say they are colonizing thailand. What a big joke.

I am.not saying that the visitors coming are colonising it. It has already been colonised by ethnic chinese long ago.

Open your eyes and look around at who owns and runs this country.

On the issue of thaksin being chinese yes we can see it from here how he has chinese ancestors but how chinese is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Thaksin's great-grandfather, Seng Sae Khu, was an immigrant from Meizhou, Guangdong, China, who arrived in Siam in the 1860s and settled in Chiang Mai in 1908. His eldest son, Chiang Sae Khu, was born in Chanthaburi in 1890 and married a Thai woman named Saeng Somna. Chiang's eldest son, Sak, adopted the Thai surname Shinawatra ("routinely appropriate action") in 1938 because of the country's anti-Chinese movement, and the rest of the family also adopted it.[4]

Seng Sae Khu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Sae Khu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then by moving into finance, construction and property development. Thaksin's father, Lert, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong (a daughter of Princess Jantip Na Chiang Mai). In 1968, Lert Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal party. Lert Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. Lert Shinawatra opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai.[4]

Thaksin was born in San Kamphaeng, Chiang Mai province. He lived in the village of San Kamphaeng until he was 15, then moved to Chiang Mai city to study at Montfort College. At 16, he helped run one of his father's cinemas.[5]

Thaksin married Potjaman Damapong in 1980. They have one son, Panthongtae and two daughters, Pintongtha and Peathongtarn. They divorced in 2008.[6] Thaksin's youngest sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, entered politics in 2011 at her brother's request as leader of the pro-Thaksin Pheu Thai Party and was elected prime minister on 3 July 2011.

His great grandfather is chinese and based on that write up his great grandmother should also be from china cos there is no indication that his great grandfather married a thai woman unless you guys can confirm it.

His paternal grandfather Chiang Sae Khu married a thai woman so now the chinese lineage isn't so strong. His eldest uncle took up the surname shinawatra. His own father married a thai princess so the chinese lineage is even smaller.

So let's establish this. We all have 2 parents, 4 grandparents and 8 great grandparents. From the wiki thaksin only has 2 great grandparents of chinese heritage so this means the other 6 were northern thais. Not only that his chinese ancestors took up a thai surname so they became thai and not chinese. In fact the amount of chinese-ness in thaksin is very very minute and mind you this isn't the BS one drop rule for black ppl in the US.

This is to counter how some TV members claim that thaksin is selling out the country due to the fact that he is racially chinese but the amount of chinese in thaksin is so small. Thaskin wouldn't even be considered a white man at all if we replaced the chinese with whiteness. He's not even 1/4 chinese.

Why are ppl still bringing up the chinese-ness of thaksin? Cos of his physical appearance. Thaksin does look rather chinese doesn't he? This is because the thai heritage of his look chinese too cos they are oriental thais and don't have that dark skin malay look. Many ppl just cannot get pass the fact that there are many thais that look chinese it just doesn't register. They are trying to make it look like thaksin is selling out thailand due to his very very minute chinese heritage.

It's not thsksins Chinese heritage.

It's all of those in positions of power,, not just him.