Residency confirmation in nong khai

Hi, I'm applying for a thai drivers' license here in nong khai and I've been informed that I'll need a confirmation of residency from the immigration department. Some people are telling me that there is a 500 baht fee for this procedure and others are saying that in nong khai there isn't a charge at all. Does anyone have any personal experience on this matter? Appreciate the help, thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Koh Samui it is 500 baht I always ask for two as they last for 3 months just in case I decide to buy something ie car/motorbike/scooter which requires a letter from immigration you also need a certificate from the doctor Good Luck !!!!

My certificate of residency was totally free and doesn't have any time limit. In fact its undated. I simply asked for it from the old Fang Immigration office before things were centralised to Chiangmai. Waited no longer than 5 minutes just enough time for them to type it out.

In case you're British, don't go to the Embassy in BKK. It cost me B2,805 the other day.....seemed a tad excessive

I'd go further and say avoid anything to do with the venal bar stewards of Wireless Road; even queueing outside for a tourist visa will probably soon attract a fee (perhaps one shouldn't give them ideas).

In case you're British, don't go to the Embassy in BKK. It cost me B2,805 the other day.....seemed a tad excessive

It's always been a tad excessive. But did you honestly expect anything other than overcharging at the British Embassy?

• Like 1

Here in Sisaket it's been 500 Baht for at least the last 5 yrs (applicant is required to supply photo for attachment to the doc.) valid for 28 days.

However, a friend told me a similar certificate (no requirement for a photo) can be obtained F.O.C from the local Amphur - I have no confirmation of this but it might be worth a try..........................

• Like 1

Do you need this if you have a Yellow book ...?????????????????

Shouldn't need it but then T.I.T and you never know................

A yellow book will do fine at most places.

But here In Ubon you still have to take a form from license office to be stamped and signed at immigration.

I would pay 500 THB in a 'heart beat' as the US Embassy wants $ 50, heck I marry a Thai and pay thousand's to the 'Obama scam your a_ _' government and then come back to Thailand and have to pay more, you can't win I guess.

I got my Thai first one year temporary car drivers licence recently and I also paid $50 at the US Embassy for the residency confirmation. I will have to renew it again August 7th, 2014 and would like to do it next time through the Bangkok Division 1 Immigration Office or some other way besides the embassy. Has anyone done it at the Division 1 office? If so how long before should I start the process and how much did you pay here and did the local police come to your residence? Thanks in advance. wai.gif

I just picked up my certificate of residency this morning in Chiangmai.(Office near the airport). There was no cost. You will need two photos, lease or housebook and a copy of passport and visa stamp. This is the second time in a month I needed this form. I was not charged for the first one.

• Like 1

The document is free "officially"

But I have paid 500THB for it before, a few times. Last time I was not charged (although everyone else was). Note, you will NOT get a receipt for this FEE.

In Phuket You need an adress certificate, the drivers licence office do not accept the yellow book for a drivers licence new or renewal.

YMMV, in Phuket this is my experience.

To renew my DL the yellow book was enough.

To register a motorcycle, I needed an Immigration letter, yellow book was not enough.

To register my car, yellow book was fine (assuming the dealer has the leverage)

I got my Thai first one year temporary car drivers licence recently and I also paid $50 at the US Embassy for the residency confirmation. I will have to renew it again August 7th, 2014 and would like to do it next time through the Bangkok Division 1 Immigration Office or some other way besides the embassy. Has anyone done it at the Division 1 office? If so how long before should I start the process and how much did you pay here and did the local police come to your residence? Thanks in advance. Posted Image

You will not get one there unless you are on an extension of stay and making 90 day reports to them.

It can take as much as 2 weeks them.

Why would there be a need for a police visit?

Certificate of Residency Baht 200 for the last 20 years. Why has it gone up?

My Tambien Baan is a blue book. Police don't accept that as proof of residency

But what is a Yellow Book?

Edited by indyuk

On Koh Samui it is 500 baht I always ask for two as they last for 3 months just in case I decide to buy something ie car/motorbike/scooter which requires a letter from immigration you also need a certificate from the doctor Good Luck !!!!

3 Months ?? got mine on Samui, first one lasted 1 year and renewal lasts 5 yrs . Both car and motorcy.