Nurses apologise for photo with slain Thai officer

webfact

I just wonder. Is it really accepted that anyone can take photos in a Thai hospital ? Is it acceptable to bring photo equipment in to the ICU ? This is a hospital, not a zoo. Actually in many zoo`s they have restrictions on where to take photos. wai2.gif

Welcome to Thailand....

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Apologize cos they got caught. This is Thailand in a nutshell.

Some people might view that as Thai Bashing, but it's not, it's a true observation and you are spot on. It is a side to Thai culture that is very different to ours. There is no guilt, just shame. As long as you don't get caught or your family finds out then there is nothing to feel guilty about or apologise for.

Hence, why many people have had trouble with their girlfriends out here. They will take on an extra weekend boyfriend and you will be none the wiser and no guilt will appear.

• Like 1

I'm just curious, why the camera in the first place. How did the photo get on to internet? Where was it shown first? That might answer a lot of other questions about the intent.

I just get the feeling these Nurses were not being silly but giving the sign as one down more to go. They are Nurses that have been told to work in that Hospital I do not think this is a case of they volunteered to treat wounded Thai soldiers or police officers. Just my feeling

I actually thought when you became a medical professional you volunteer to treat people equally of all races, faith and occupations.

• Like 2

I do not think the V was ill intended. She just used to do it every time posing for pics in kawaii position. Thing is: Japanese kawaii and many others know the difference in having a slain corpse as your background thus showing some respect. A matter involving "thinking before acting", something hard to find in LOS

Another example of what I suggested a while back was a good reason not to seek medical treatment here: medical "professionals" do NOT have the same professionalism, nor any real commitment to the sanctity of human life.

I got ripped for my post, by the usual gang of idiots.

I do disagree with you folks above, however, who condemn all three nurses and the director. The one nurse, "Norisa Jehlae, who took the photo, said she was sorry and asked for forgiveness."

I would lean towards honoring her entreaty, after firing her.

The others should be fired, and barred from working the profession.

Anybody remember that photo of the nurse at an accident scene, where she is standing next to a man, both smiling, and she holding up an unidentifiable chunk of human tissue?

Death is, indeed, different here.

More posts deleted. A lot of posts are deleted because they are replying to off-topic posts that are now deleted.

Please stay on topic. Admin has made it clear that warnings and suspensions will be issued.

Ha! Apologize cos they got caught. This is Thailand in a nutshell.

Unfortunately, this is human nature in a nutshell. Just look what happens when a politician or celebrity in the west is caught in an indiscretion. [Of course, this current incident is more than an 'indiscretion', and I'm among those who feel these nurses should be fired for this unprofessionalism].

• Like 1

Apologies from the nurses should be accepted.........now go find another vocation after stripping them of their credentials. Can't run the risk of having these sort of people looking after sick people. I'm not saying they wouldn't have learned their lesson, but once they have shown their colours I don't think they should be trusted.

• Like 2

Ye, Ye, Ye. Does no-one see the most important point in this case ???????

There are big crocodile tears outside but there is a big smile inside.

Their families are proud of them, cause they are a small part of South muslin war.

They made jock with corpse of BRAVE HERO MAN who was killed by same team and this shows everything if you willing to open your eyes.

Thais are too forgiving. If this would happened in my country .....

Stupid mistake , apology accepted. Thanks for all the good work that you do day in day out treating injured Thais, Buddhist and Muslim which is more than any of us posting here have ever done to help the victims of the war in the south.

Thank you Boris--- the best post on this subject.I cannot help thinking that these nurses are more than likely to be the normal dedicated people that we associate with the nursing profession.It is just a Thai thing to give the "v" sign as they do not seem to be able to stand in front of a camera and just look natural. It is the only time you will ever get them to act shyly in any circumstance. OK stupid mistake.Appology accepted,now get on with the tremendous job that you do.A job that would beat many of us sitting drinking coffee and calmly posting here--------------------------------------- Admiration from Dougal the Kiwi

I dont think that they meant to offend anybody. This stupid 'fingers' sign is used by just about all young Thai women when posing for a quick photo at any time. They just cannot help thrusting their two fingers up. Its their way of saying "hey look , its me"

For anyone looking to make a story out of it, i can only say "You obviously do not know young Thai women"

• Like 2

if they are so sorry, and want help in the region, let them make safe the next bomb,then someone can take pics of them! they say its only a small sec of muslims who are radical, but none of us belive this propaganda, and they realy have droped the ball with this one!

• Like 1

Anyone working in a hospital should have at least a slight idea of ethics inside. You don´t need to be very clever to know that a dead (hero in this case) deserves some respect.

How can the management even think of letting such mind rotten people return to their work?

Maybe they should be sent to defuse the next bomb??

• Like 2

So they MUST be sacked and the Tak Bai soldiers who murdered got promoted.

And than the people in Bangkok ask themself why Southern Muslims want to sepperate from Thailand.

What they did is distgusting, but they did not murder anyone.

Stop talking <deleted>, they are nurses NOT soldiers, or maybe you didn't notice or understand the difference between each?

So you are saying it is OK for soldiers to murder prisoners, but some ugly joke must be punished with all force?

And that is the best way to increase understanding between Buddhists and Muslims?

Soldiers don't murder... They are trained to kill under orders. There is a difference you know.

sacking someone is hardly 'all force'.... is it? It is what would happen in any normal society regardless. But if you think they should be forgiven in some crazy hope that there can ever be an understanding between Buddhists and Muslims, or even between Muslims and any other religion.... I wouldn't hold your breath my friend.

The basis that Islam is founded upon is to be intollerent of anything non-islamic.

Those nurses chose deliberately to have their photo taken with a dead soldier in the background.... They were loving it.

What would the response be if British nurses took the same photo with a dead muslim in the background, or USA nurses, or any nurses from the civilized world? They would almost certainly be banged up in prison and face international outrage.

Here... They fake an apology, and possibly keep their jobs, and probably hailed as heroins in their local community.

They fake an apology, and possibly keep their jobs, and probably hailed as heroins in their local community.

Unfortunately, but yes, that's for sure!

• Like 1

with all due respect, but what planet are you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think that they meant to offend anybody. This stupid 'fingers' sign is used by just about all young Thai women when posing for a quick photo at any time. They just cannot help thrusting their two fingers up. Its their way of saying "hey look , its me"

For anyone looking to make a story out of it, i can only say "You obviously do not know young Thai women"

• Like 1

It seems like this is just their true colors coming out in digital form. I wouldn't doubt if they do cheer things like this back in the safety of their homes, just like people have done after terrorist attacks all over the world. 9/11, the London underground, the Spanish trains, Mumbai....after all of those, many crazies cheered. These nurses are probably part of the nutcases like that and they forgot to wear their "normal people" masks that day.

• Like 2