The most heartwarming video you will ever see - AND it isn't an advert

I am left speechless , moved and inspired by this brilliant short documentary about the selfless volunteers who take away the dead bodies from Bangkok's crazy roads.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/oct/31/bodysnatchers-bangkok-thailand-emergency-video

Unlike the UK or US, Thailand operates on a two-tier emergency support system, sending out volunteers, or 'basic teams', to accident or crime scenes first, and only then an advanced life-support ambulance if needed. These 'basic teams' provide a vital service and account for about 60% of the emergency cases Bangkok's hospitals see every year. Most Thais believe that helping others – be it the injured or dead – allows one to earn karmic merit. Here we spend the night with a Noppadon, one of Bangkok's many volunteer body-collectors - also known as bodysnatchers

There was a 'turf war' between the Private Hospital (breathing) body snatchers, and the Volunteers.

Apparently they agreed to a roster system of one us, one day them.

Should I even need it .. I hope on on the 'us' day and not the 'them' day.

Also, I think it's a great video ... but let's keep out feet firmly on the ground and slide the rose coloured glasses back into the pocket.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

I saw this before (on Thai Visa actually I think) and have nothing but respect for these men and women.

I think I saw a longer version of it (or something similar) on television a few years ago. Nat Geo possibly.

Maybe I'm thinking of this ... can't recall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nWjOUMemE

Edited by Suradit69