try again jet ski

davetrout

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Council bought, and set up their own legitimate "Jet Ski" hire business.....and banned any other rental operation from the Beach Roads (Pattaya & Jomtiem)

the "scam" problem would be ended....... and Thailand tourism could start to improve its' image.....

(if they have the backbone to do this)

and

It would be self financing (and hopefully very profitable)

you dont think the council is running it already?

So people are really damaging them...?

maybe one in ten, the rest are extortion backed with physical intimidation and threats of jail

.....being supported (it would seem) by the local Police department......(who you going to run to?)

Edited by soihok

If the Council bought, and set up their own legitimate "Jet Ski" hire business.....and banned any other rental operation from the Beach Roads (Pattaya & Jomtiem)

the "scam" problem would be ended....... and Thailand tourism could start to improve its' image.....

(if they have the backbone to do this)

and

It would be self financing (and hopefully very profitable)

you dont think the council is running it already?

I don't know.........Sadly.....you may be right.............

DD13, as much as your idea has merit, im afraid that socializing jet ski's, would not be in the interest of tourist. The council dosent take care of the responsibilities it has already, so I doubt the jet ski's would even be working.

Why these companies don't have insurances?

I think people would rent if they know they don't have to pay if they break the jet ski.

Or maybe insurance companies don't want to deal with these scammers?

So don't rent if they have no insurance.

I am so confused!

Wasn't this all sorted out ages ago? The city administration told us that they all must have insurance now, and the city was going to limit the number allowed to operate, etc., etc, ...

Seems that absolutely nothing has changed.

Somebody tell me again about how important 'saving face' is in Thailand. I am seriously beginning to think that that is just plain BS the Thais want us to believe so we might let our guards down.

• 4 months later...

"HMS Daring"...pity the navy guys weren't daring enough to stand up for themselves...shameful

they were very concious that any incident may have led to the royal navy putting sattahip and pattaya off limits to visiting ships and their crews.

however valid their claims the other ships crews would have blamed HMS Daring for years to come.

• 8 months later...

Try Jomtien instead, most of the jetski rentals there can be trusted. Just make sure to take a picture of the jetski before you rent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

. Kph Larn, I've never seen Scamming there, Anybody else???

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

my running scam total is now at 151.

Only 151 ??

You have definately mis-counted.

Have a recount.

now 152.

i only count the ones when i can take a pic and there are times when i judge it to be too dangerous to do so

• 1 month later...

number 159 today about 12 15 lunchtime opposite view talay 6 near central festival.

tactical mistake by a young jet ski guy assaulting an older falang i guess about 60 +.

went from 4 city hall officials to everybody...............proper cop with gun, 2 marine lifeguards, 1 emergency paramedic on a special motorcy, and then an ambulance.

number 159 today about 12 15 lunchtime opposite view talay 6 near central festival.

tactical mistake by a young jet ski guy assaulting an older falang i guess about 60 +.

went from 4 city hall officials to everybody...............proper cop with gun, 2 marine lifeguards, 1 emergency paramedic on a special motorcy, and then an ambulance.

So what happened to the jetski guy ?

I was there too at the ugly scene. There was a sizable group of Thais surrounding the foreigners. The way the were hopping around all excited (at robbing a hapless tourist) looked like feeding time at the zoo. It was really sad. Despite the presence off the aforementioned, it sadly made no difference in the outcome.

The deputy mayor claimed a year ago all Jet Skis were insured.

Did he lie? Was that just another smokescreen to deflect criticism while his buddies on the beach rob and assault visitors?

This is the same deputy mayor that has been holding emergency meetings since 2008 trying to figure out how to stop this 300,000Bt a day fraud.

Something stinks.

All these jet skis are licensed, registered, inspected weekly, insured, there is a 24/7 police patrol & CCTV cameras....according to the deputy mayor.....

Here is an amusing video collection of the bumbling Pattaya authorities pretending to care.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=deputy+mayor+pattaya+jet+ski

Edited by Jupiterjim

appears to me they may have shifted the main scam to 13/4. theres always a bunch of cops waiting there for the renters to come in in the afternoon. guess its their only income at the momenti

as a seasoned observer i can tell you the guys in uniforms are not cops. they are officials from city hall.

cops carry guns and have similar but different uniforms.

those guys have stuff hanging from their utility belts that would make batman jealous but no guns.

of course to the average dumb tourist in the midst of an expensive nightmare they most likely assume these guys are the real thing

you are correct about near soi's 13/3 and 13/4 at the south end of the beach that is the most prolific area at the moment

Edited by striderman

But I have not seen a lot of scam in front of Mikes, since last year- Maybe some new gang are starting up this again.

thats because they get very few customers there now, partly due to their infamy catching up with them I guess, and also the viewing platform doesnt help them

Edited by phycokiller

plenty going on during my stroll today. i did not get any pics so i don't count them in my running total

at just after 14.00 hrs by 13/4 the ski crew were in discussions with 2 indians with a city hall guy on scene.

same time 120 mtrs north by pattaya bay walk another city hall guy and another 2 indians in another debate

passing view talay 6 a few mins later a ski guy on a motorcy rolls up and starts to share out 1000 bht notes (minimum 10) among 3 other ski guys all smiling and laughing..................i have no proof where it came from but the most likely suspect is a jet ski payoff being divied up

plenty going on during my stroll today. i did not get any pics so i don't count them in my running total

at just after 14.00 hrs by 13/4 the ski crew were in discussions with 2 indians with a city hall guy on scene.

same time 120 mtrs north by pattaya bay walk another city hall guy and another 2 indians in another debate

passing view talay 6 a few mins later a ski guy on a motorcy rolls up and starts to share out 1000 bht notes (minimum 10) among 3 other ski guys all smiling and laughing..................i have no proof where it came from but the most likely suspect is a jet ski payoff being divied up

Strider good to see you over here. Didn't even realise you were on TV

no tv for me thanks.................i favour stealth mode it's safer

no tv for me thanks.................i favour stealth mode it's safer

Sure..Keep safe Strider.

Thanks for your good work.

4.Real

One way to tell is that the Police ( and those in Green ) can/are carrying guns

anyone else ( supposedly ) can't carry a gun in public.

Also police uniforms are brown and often tightly fitting, other "officials" wear dark blue / black or some other colour ( but not always )

Edited by johng

Instead of posting old videos from 2012 maybe time to post some new pics from this area? Yiu can use a zoom from distance to catch these guys. I have a 200x digital lens so might do it myself.