mazda cx5 which one to buy ?

thaiscot

If it ticks all the boxes for You ,so be it. .For Me its O.K, exept the Looks. Its dated and rather bland side on imo. As OMG noted the Gray and the Blue does nothing to help, i recon Brill White would give it more presence..... Just i was stunned by the price,hence my posting..thumbsup.gif

Also a bit shocked at the diesel CX5 price... same price as a full Import Hyundai Tucson 4x4 diesel..

Isn't the CX-5 also a full import? Produced in Malaysia i think.

If it ticks all the boxes for You ,so be it. .For Me its O.K, exept the Looks. Its dated and rather bland side on imo. As OMG noted the Gray and the Blue does nothing to help, i recon Brill White would give it more presence..... Just i was stunned by the price,hence my posting..thumbsup.gif

Also a bit shocked at the diesel CX5 price... same price as a full Import Hyundai Tucson 4x4 diesel..

Beleive Malaysia comes under free trade ? or much reduced import to Thailand, where as Korea does not = full import duties.... likewise the XV also comes from Malaysia

Cars from ASEAN member states only have 5% import duty under the ASEAN FTA. Hyundai's from Korea have 80% import duty though.

No im not wasting your time, you have wasted your money imo.I was shocked at the price,plus its rated below a Suzuki at 500 K less by Auto Bild a respected Mag. Ive looked over one, OK nice, but the price is toooo hi for most folk

Price is objective it's only a touch more than the Honda CVR petrol.

I could have had a Honda in days any spec.......the fact that I may have to wait at least 3 months for delivery and the interest on this site points to a fair pricing

I plan to keep the car for maybe 10 years ......I can afford it and it is my choice.....I think Mazda would be silly commercially to sell any cheaper and the price is in fact a touch less than the UK list price although the detailed specs are different

If the price was out of step there would be no demand.....non of the reviews I have read and that's many say its expensive though the X3 is always referred to as expensive

I generally research my cars well ......I try to get the best financial deal then stick for years

Hope this helps you understand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Mazda does in fact sell it cheaper all over the world and in Thailand; it's the government import, excise, VAT, and whatever other taxes governments slap on that make it expensive. All that extra money that make the CX5 and X3 so expensive in Thailand isn't going to the manufacturers.

Less than a year old X3 has lost 700,000 baht. and that bad looking [to me] X6 has lost almost 2 million in a year !!

Full Import is not always easy to know the year could have been a year or so old before Imported.

No im not wasting your time, you have wasted your money imo.I was shocked at the price,plus its rated below a Suzuki at 500 K less by Auto Bild a respected Mag. Ive looked over one, OK nice, but the price is toooo hi for most folk

Price is objective it's only a touch more than the Honda CVR petrol.

I could have had a Honda in days any spec.......the fact that I may have to wait at least 3 months for delivery and the interest on this site points to a fair pricing

I plan to keep the car for maybe 10 years ......I can afford it and it is my choice.....I think Mazda would be silly commercially to sell any cheaper and the price is in fact a touch less than the UK list price although the detailed specs are different

If the price was out of step there would be no demand.....non of the reviews I have read and that's many say its expensive though the X3 is always referred to as expensive

I generally research my cars well ......I try to get the best financial deal then stick for years

Hope this helps you understand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Mazda does in fact sell it cheaper all over the world and in Thailand; it's the government import, excise, VAT, and whatever other taxes governments slap on that make it expensive. All that extra money that make the CX5 and X3 so expensive in Thailand isn't going to the manufacturers.

CX-51 cost about the same in my country as it does here for the top trim. A Suzuki Grand Vitara, Kia Sorento or Hyundai Tuscon cost much less than a CX-5 back home. And IMO the CX-5 interior feels much more premium then the others. So as long as nothing better shows up on the Thai market i will be happy with my choice. I have 4 month to change my mind though before the CX-5 gets delivered.tongue.png

Edited by TramsRepus

If I got the diesel would definately consider deleting the dpf, only issue would be the need to remap would this require new sensors or would a engine remap likely suffice? Not sure if aftermarket shops will offer this service, shame all the thai ones come with the dpf considering the lack of a MOT which apparently is a visual test anyways so could just bore out the filter and weld it back up for appearennces. Notable improvements to both performance and fuel economy from 2 mates with maz6s and no regen lights or limp mode.

The line with 3 states free labour for 3 times. I suppose it means you do not need to pay labour for 3 servicing.

I will not blame for sure..... thumbsup.gif

No paint protecting treatment?

5 years assistance??? What about the "3" i can see? Is it warrany?

There is 9 points and you mentioned 6 of them, what else is there?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I got the diesel would definately consider deleting the dpf, only issue would be the need to remap would this require new sensors or would a engine remap likely suffice? Not sure if aftermarket shops will offer this service, shame all the thai ones come with the dpf considering the lack of a MOT which apparently is a visual test anyways so could just bore out the filter and weld it back up for appearennces. Notable improvements to both performance and fuel economy from 2 mates with maz6s and no regen lights or limp mode.

Backlash over Mazda CX-5 diesel oil issues

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/backlash-over-mazda-cx5-diesel-oil-issues-20120821-24k6w.html

seems like the problem highlighted in this article from august of last year has yet to be corrected, May be endemic to the dpf if other newer cleaner diesels also suffer similar problems, perhaps keep things as is while under warrantee and delete the dpf is the only way to correct the problem. my concern be where to realign sensors and remap following the removal of the dpf. Shame the cx5s imported into thailand with less stringent emession laws have been fitted with a dpf

I was told by mazda australia it was due to an increase in crankcase oil but this makes no sense its due to increase in diesel oil. this is a concern because diesel oil is not designed to lube pistons, rods, crankshafts and engine internals. This would be the same as benzin in engine oil with of course no lube properties. This problem is being downplayed and will negatively impact the engine in time. Checkin oil levels and frequent oil changes is a huge ask for drivers which wont prevent the eventual premature engine wear

Edited by Retro Reactive

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/backlash-over-mazda-cx5-diesel-oil-issues-20120821-24k6w.html

seems like the problem highlighted in this article from august of last year has yet to be corrected, May be endemic to the dpf if other newer cleaner diesels also suffer similar problems, perhaps keep things as is while under warrantee and delete the dpf is the only way to correct the problem. my concern be where to realign sensors and remap following the removal of the dpf. Shame the cx5s imported into thailand with less stringent emession laws have been fitted with a dpf

I was told by mazda australia it was due to an increase in crankcase oil but this makes no sense its due to increase in diesel oil. this is a concern because diesel oil is not designed to lube pistons, rods, crankshafts and engine internals. This would be the same as benzin in engine oil with of course no lube properties. This problem is being downplayed and will negatively impact the engine in time. Checkin oil levels and frequent oil changes is a huge ask for drivers which wont prevent the eventual premature engine wear

You have all the information about this vehicle and it's the same you have ordered so if you go ahead it's on your head.

The CX-5 diesel is a Mazda engine not Ford.

The oil dilution issue is not unique to Mazda, some other diesel cars that add fuel via the normal injectors for active regeneration of the DPF also have this problem, see http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels-and-environment/diesel-particulate-filters.html

The simplest solution is to occasionally drive the car hard on a long run to get the exhaust gas hot and allow passive regeneration of the DPF.

On larger engines the active regen cycle is triggered by a pressure difference across the DPF. Car systems are probably similar so if the exhaust is hot enough to keep the DPF clear, the active regen cycle will not occur and the sump oil will not be diluted with fuel.

• Like 2

I have also just booked a CX-5 Diesel. Waiting time 3 to 4 months depending on colour. Slowest being the blue colour. I am still two minds about the blue or the silver.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Congratulation, Where did you order it from? I was told delivery time in May.

• Like 1

The CX-5 diesel is a Mazda engine not Ford.

The oil dilution issue is not unique to Mazda, some other diesel cars that add fuel via the normal injectors for active regeneration of the DPF also have this problem, see http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels-and-environment/diesel-particulate-filters.html

The simplest solution is to occasionally drive the car hard on a long run to get the exhaust gas hot and allow passive regeneration of the DPF.

On larger engines the active regen cycle is triggered by a pressure difference across the DPF. Car systems are probably similar so if the exhaust is hot enough to keep the DPF clear, the active regen cycle will not occur and the sump oil will not be diluted with fuel.

Not in the Uk its a ford engine , check HONEST JOHN and has been very unreliable the DPF is a nother major issue,

mazda petrol are superb engine

I thought all the youtube reviews of the CX-5 stated this is a new engine, transmission and body by Mazda called Skyactiv? If it is a Ford sourced engine, we shd see similar offerings in the Ford by now.

Edited by tua2kee

I thought all the youtube reviews of the CX-5 stated this is a new engine, transmission and body by Mazda called Skyactiv? If it is a Ford sourced engine, we shd see similar offerings in the Ford by now.

Skyactive has nothing to do with Ford. Jitar is correct.

• Like 2

Yes but Mazda have addmitted publicly to the UK dealers & motoring press that they cannot currently make sufficient quantities of the New Mazda diesel in japan and that in some cases engines will be sourced from the Ford Diesel lines in UK which have a lot of capacity and supply Ford ,Peugeot, Renault and even Fiat and other markets ,

• 2 months later...

I'm really puzzled why the 2.5 in Thailand isn't AWD. I test drove a CX5 in December in Australia, same car as in Thailand, but here you have to buy the 2.2 diesel to get AWD. A 2.5 with AWD in Australia costs 1.040,000 baht equivalent and here it cost 1.400,000. I can buy a subaru xv for 1.3 million with AWD standard. Honda CRV 2.0L with AWD is 1.3 million. Very poor marketing from mazda Thailand.

• Like 1

I'm really puzzled why the 2.5 in Thailand isn't AWD. I test drove a CX5 in December in Australia, same car as in Thailand, but here you have to buy the 2.2 diesel to get AWD. A 2.5 with AWD in Australia costs 1.040,000 baht equivalent and here it cost 1.400,000. I can buy a subaru xv for 1.3 million with AWD standard. Honda CRV 2.0L with AWD is 1.3 million. Very poor marketing from mazda Thailand.

There is not much point comparing Australian car prices to LOS. The Escape and X-trail are cheaper again than Honda and Subaru. Honda command a Premium over these because they can. Mazda think they can price the CX-5 a little above the CR-V and so far they seem to be selling.

The rear wheel drive system is an add-on to these cars usually priced around 50 - 100,000 baht. It does not make a huge difference in typical Thai driving conditions. The 2.0L CR-V is pretty gutless so I am not convinced the 4WD system is much benefit on the highway and these things are not off roaders. The larger more powerful engine is a more useful option IMHO.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled, there appear to be many new Suzuki SX4 about here many on red plates..... is the old model... yet most other places have the SX S-Crossover [all new SX + with 4x4 options] why is it not here ? and would also be a rival to the Mazda CX5 and maybe cheaper.. ? both have about the same reviews for a good all round soft-roader..

Having seen the CX5 and the Ford EuroSport side by side, on road and in a parking area in a supermarket, the CX5 at double the price is a question.. unless doing a lot of KM on the open road where it would appear the larger engine is better in the CX5......... Thai built Nissan Juke ? well start price is 800k....... maybe these would compete better with the Mazda CX3 ? if it ever get made

Depends on the individual Re FEEL. The Honda just feels right, the others just feel sort of cheap to me. The SX4, is nice , once driven it makes one wonder what justifies the Cx5 extra price. The Escape feels better value than the Cx5,and Sx4. I think many of you dont get to drive many different types,and just quote Testers findings. Never tried the Juke, but it looks O.K.

Subaru XV as mentioned, yep drove/ owned an early 70's 4x4 Automatic, back then there was not many 4x4 + Auto about... so up to a point the new XV should be one of the best..

Is the Escape [new shape] coming here ? Friend owns and I have driven the SX4 many times, also owned a few Suzuki's, but again now is an old model, will the new one come here ? SX S-Crossover..

Just like the size and look

post-42643-0-37320400-1398250210_thumb.j

post-42643-0-37320400-1398250210_thumb.j

post-42643-0-77023900-1398250503_thumb.j

Edited by ignis

I'm puzzled, there appear to be many new Suzuki SX4 about here many on red plates..... is the old model... yet most other places have the SX S-Crossover [all new SX + with 4x4 options] why is it not here ? and would also be a rival to the Mazda CX5 and maybe cheaper.. ? both have about the same reviews for a good all round soft-roader..

Having seen the CX5 and the Ford EuroSport side by side, on road and in a parking area in a supermarket, the CX5 at double the price is a question.. unless doing a lot of KM on the open road where it would appear the larger engine is better in the CX5......... Thai built Nissan Juke ? well start price is 800k....... maybe these would compete better with the Mazda CX3 ? if it ever get made

I think you probably mean the Ford Eco-Sport. And, yes we just took delivery on one a couple weeks ago. Since, then, I've let male extended family members drive it a bit, and the comments are pretty uniform. Most say it looks and handles like car a class above its segment. One guy has a newish Altis, and upon returning to our house after a 2 hour drive up country commented "it drives like an Altis." I'm not sure I would go that far, but it is extremely tight, interior quiet, and smooth. I agree that at the top model 833k you get a lot more bang for the buck seemingly than the (quite nice) CX-5 in Thailand. That C class SUV/crossover segment (especially diesel powered) is priced way too high IMO.

Rock solid...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif