Anybody experiences about "Chiang Mai Properties" Company?

Ron2

We found most of the houses we saw on the internet when we went to view them, were much different from the pictures , Easier to look on your own and you will get a better price that way . WE also found that most houses listed, the prices were jacked up much higher than normal ... Best to drive around and find houses for sale by the owner . Also once people find out you are looking for a home to buy everyone you tell will become and instant realtor ...........

Posted 2013-01-11 10:43:26

This is a copy of a previous post I made.
"I gave them a list of my requirements left it with them for a few days, they then gave me details of properties that were of interest and fitted the bill . A couple of days later they arranged viewings for six properties all of which were suitable . No time wasted a good service.I bought one of the properties they showed me. Despite stories of inflated prices for farangs all my thai family (sons inlaws) and friends thought it was a very good buy. Staff were all very professional I was very impressed by their attitude and helpfulness ".
Note.. I am in no way connected with this company. PS In the UK at present but will be moving in Jan 6 , with wife and dog, can't wait to retire,

Best way is to look for a house self and contact the owner.

One house in my village just went up with 2.5 million just because a real estate agent is on it now.

Ok everybody needs to make money , but 2.5 million for selling a house ?

That's exactly how our house sold. Had it listed on 4 sites. It sold by someone using their common sense and not by a realtor. As for the OP question about CMP, yes had our house listed with them and others. CMP did a very good job of marketing the house. At the end of the day they are no better or worse than the other realtors.

I just bought a property with them, good service and honest. No inflated price- I actually negotiated a discount and the price of the land + house together worked out a good bit under what replacement cost would be. So I'm happy.

Generally speaking- the idea to just "drive around" to find what you are looking for, might work for your bog standard moo baan house but if you are after something a little more unique then agents and/or hunting the internet ( thai language Internet too) listings can be most helpful. Many properties would be behind gates, inside the big land not visible from the road etc, and many these houses don't put signs on the gate to avoid random chancers, agents, possibly thiefs with an excuse, knocking on thier door.

Why not list your requirements here? Price, location, number of bedrooms, big or small garden etc etc.

I'm sure you will get more than one PM with suggestions. I know of a few myself biggrin.png

Edit : there are good and bad stories about all of the real estate companies everywhere (I found raintree so rude I walked away from them). Often the seller will set a price and the agent will get 3% commission plus the difference between the sellers price and the actual price which encourages greed on the agents side.

Edited by SamSipEt

I don't know if this happens in Chiang Mai, but in some areas (Chonburi city is one example), the real estate companies demand that you (buyer):

- Make an up front service payment of 10,000 (?) Baht to get any access to services from this company, which is not deducted if you do buy something, and

- Sign a contract saying that:

- You will not sign service contracts with any other real estate companies

- If you find a property yourself (not listed with the said real estate company) and negotiate privately with the owner and do buy, then the said real

estate company is entitled to a 3% commission.

Beware.

Edited by scorecard

As for professionalism,,how long has this establishment been closed ?? Still on their web site.Other Realtors are just as bad

http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/

B163 - Restaurant business can run in town
B163_Business_Chiangmai_01-500.jpg
PriceHouse sizeLand sizeDistrict
THB 2,900,000 ($£€...)400 m²0 m²Muang

An established restaurant with an international following, great as a retirement business.

Just from my own experience. We came here in July for a week, to make holiday and to look for a house. No agents, lawyers or any other gangsters involved smile.png.

We drove around, here and there, to firstly get a feeling of the city, secondly check the prices and thirdly decide on a location.

Feeling is easy, to get the prices just drive into any Moo Baan development and they will calculate a house for you. Expect to pay 4.5mTHB for an empty one, almost no land (~90sqw) and perhaps you get water, electricity and aircon on top of that.

Location wise, they build like crazy everywhere. You don't want to live in a place where they start hammering 7am in the morning for the next 3 years. So stick to one of the finished places. More than enough everywhere.

Drive in, drive around, look for "on sale" signs and give a call. No agents required nor necessary.

Good luck!

I think many real estate / estate agents in Chiang Mai and Thailand make the mistake of listing absolutely everything and then don't keep up to date with what has sold, not sold, changed price etc. Its not professional and a waste of every bodies time.

Not just Thailand mind but Spain they advertise great deals just to hook in interest and then its not available and they try to sell u a bunch of other stuff more expensive or a dump. Italy they say one price then jack it up if show your interested.

I don't think CM properties foes either these tricks, but they do seem very very busy and probably neglect to up date thier web site.

If you are looking for new homes, most of the new developments are financed by banks. Foreclosures also are managed by banks.

Asking in banks you may get a list of developments and you can deal direct with the contractor, and ask for list of foreclosures.

If you are looking for use homes, the best deals are foreclosures..

In some foreclosures banks are willing to accept very low offers. Some foreclosures are vacant for years and may not look good, but it needs just some cosmetics. Drive into an older gated community and look for bank signs.

Devaluation of brand new houses can be big sometimes. Thai people do not like to buy use houses. More chance for you to get a good deal in one.

If you deal direct with an owner, you also can ask for discounts, and better to get the advise from a lawyer to be sure that the paperwork is in order.

If you are looking for new homes, most of the new developments are financed by banks. Foreclosures also are managed by banks.

Asking in banks you may get a list of developments and you can deal direct with the contractor, and ask for list of foreclosures.

If you are looking for use homes, the best deals are foreclosures..

In some foreclosures banks are willing to accept very low offers. Some foreclosures are vacant for years and may not look good, but it needs just some cosmetics. Drive into an older gated community and look for bank signs.

Devaluation of brand new houses can be big sometimes. Thai people do not like to buy use houses. More chance for you to get a good deal in one.

If you deal direct with an owner, you also can ask for discounts, and better to get the advise from a lawyer to be sure that the paperwork is in order.

Did you have any susses like this in Chiang Mai , or Thailand?

When I went round all the banks (not only me but my wife also- so not a farang issue) they were not prepared to drop the price below what the original loan amount was - which in most cases seemed to be 90-100% of the purchase price! ie the bank price was not competitive to a motivated seller who had less loan to pay off, such as a farang moving overseas or a Thai struggling to make repayments and wishing to release what equity they had left. Also the bank properties would be falling apart but still asking 90% of value even though its debrietiated to more like 60% of value.

I hear this is policy of all Thai bank so the defaulted property loans are booked at full value / not showing the loss- so no melt down like there would be in USA or Spain for example.

Interested to hear your experience.

Like Spain - the really good deals, like foreclosed land on a 50% loan value do half sales price, would be kept for the banks closed circle of friends with suitable back handers passed to the manager of what ever area responsible for the preferred service probably.

• Like 1

I used their services only once and it was very good. They put together a short list from their listings on the Internet. On the next day, someone drove me to all of them and I found a place I have been very happy with. Their fee was paid by the landlord.

• Like 1

I used their services only once and it was very good. They put together a short list from their listings on the Internet. On the next day, someone drove me to all of them and I found a place I have been very happy with. Their fee was paid by the landlord.

I'm sure that your needs were basic and your expectations low. It's easy to satisfy somebody who doesn't have high standards

Karnkanok over near promenada used to sell houses for under 2million, maybe they still do, I didn't look for a while. But I have seen several signs around advitising houses under 2 million bht.

http://www.kkn.co.th/location.php

They have 18 moobaans on the go around Cm at the moment. Price seems to depend on how close the moobaan is to the centre of town.

The one out at MaeJo start at 1.85M for 3 bed, 3 shower.

The one beyond Mae Rim start at 1.75M for 3 bed, 3 shower.

Plots are 55TW.

The good thing about KKN is the fixed price for every property.

Each plot is listed, each plot + house has a price on it.

The price doesn't change when they see a foreigner looking at the house.

Something I couldn't find anywhere else on new or old houses.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I'm sure that your needs were basic and your expectations low. It's easy to satisfy somebody who doesn't have high standards

No, my expectations were not low and I am not someone who doesn't have high standards. I very much did not like several of the properties which wanted more rent than I now pay.

I am sorry for my late Response. xsorry.gif.pagespeed.ic.HIAcli9fRM.png

Thanks to everybody for all the useful information’s. wai2.gif

Well, I just talk with the staff from “Chiang Mai Properties”. To be honest, that lady she don´t show me that she really would like to sale anythingfacepalm.gif . So, better I will not disturb them anymore. whistling.gif

Houses from “Elite Properties” and “Raintree” is a little bit over my budget. But thank for that. smile.png

I think, finding house on my own would be good if it´s work. But I think I always have to pay the “Farang Price”, not same like thai peoples would paysad.png . I also cannot send my wife to talk with the owner because she don´t have experience with that.facepalm.gif

“Karnkanok” looks nice but everything is in thai language. So, not that easy to understand.blink.png

Anybody know about this:

http://www.chiangmairealestates.com/

Just found today.

To be honest, I don´t know how to do. sad.png

Ron

Based on my experience try Perfecthomes and buyinchiangmai -both have good websites and will help you in english or thai.

They know the market, you will not pay farang price (!) and I find both very trustworthy-not always a common characteristic of real estate agents!!

But that well known thai expression Ron -'up to you!!'

Happy huntingsmile.png

• Like 1

I just realised a big mistake

PERFECT HOMES / rentinchiangmai.com is who I mean to be talking about/ praising in earlier posts!

Chiang Mai Properties I have no idea other than sent email a while ago but didn't hear back. Same happened with two Thai agents also who advertise in English on web (not very professional look site; can't remember the name)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am sorry for my late Response. xsorry.gif.pagespeed.ic.HIAcli9fRM.png

Thanks to everybody for all the useful informations. wai2.gif

Well, I just talk with the staff from Chiang Mai Properties. To be honest, that lady she don´t show me that she really would like to sale anything:facepalm: . So, better I will not disturb them anymore. whistling.gif

Houses from Elite Properties and Raintree is a little bit over my budget. But thank for that. smile.png

I think, finding house on my own would be good if it´s work. But I think I always have to pay the Farang Price, not same like thai peoples would pay:( . I also cannot send my wife to talk with the owner because she don´t have experience with that.facepalm.gif

Karnkanok looks nice but everything is in thai language. So, not that easy to understand.blink.png

Anybody know about this:

http://www.chiangmairealestates.com/

Just found today.

To be honest, I don´t know how to do. sad.png

Ron

Unfortunately if you want best prices you have to deal with Thai language and Thai only speakers.

Anything in English will be at 'fleecing' prices.

Anyone speaking English will know how stupid foreigners are with their money.

Edited by FiftyTwo