Want to sell everything, been in thailand 14 years

aquadreams

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To you they may be over to one mil, but now you have advertised your leaving, what someone will offer and what yiu actually end up getting is entirely another matter.

Best of luck, hope the deparure was on your terms.

• Like 1

From what I understand you can go that route but the formula they use for buying ALL your household goods .....is this

Take your valuation and discount that by 90%......then subtract from that amount another 5% (of your valuation)..for packing, moving it, holding costs etc....

And that's about what someone will pay you....

Good Luck though!smile.png

• Like 1

why dont you advertise a Garage sale here on Thai Visa...

if your home isnt in the sticks, then you will get some keen buyers coming to your home.

but,, you gave so LITTLE info here,,

why not list a few of the exciting things that you are selling?

if you have a Moped/bike? or a Tape Cassette Player, then I may come too ;)

really,, you wrote soooo little here...

if you have already made a NEW forum post, then can you let me know, coz I (and many others) dont keep track of EVERY new post!

Get hold of a good dispatcher and check the prices and conditions for shipping the goods out of Thailand. Compare the price to the effort required to organise it and make it happen and potential need to renew.

I opted for the container and shipped my stuff out of Thailand.

• Like 1

would have thought after 14 years everything is now well past any value for selling ?

but with so little info.... if very good stuff maybe better to take it with you ? everything 2nd hand is only worth what someone will be willing to pay

I am a collector of really bad art. Especially tacky (preferably velvet) nudes of Thai women in river bathing scenes. The kind you see in a ST hotel. Do you have any of those in your 1 million baht worth of stuff? I would be keen to aquire some.

I want to open a restaurant that serves nothing but soup and call it "Pol's Pot". Figured that these would make good decorations.

I would imagine your soup would be as tasteless as the choice of restaurant name.

• Like 1

You must have a " Walking Street " take your goods there and see what you can get but what you think is a fair price is not always what a buyer thinks. When I left the UK I held a number of garage sales total sales came to £700 the estimated cost of items was over £4,000 the rest I gave away to charities accept for items that were very personal . Good luck with your sale !!!!!!!!!!

I dying to know what he's got, come on out with it man

Me TOO! I am looking for a motorcycle....................pm me

When I saw your name Big Skip I thought that was your recommendation. clap2.gif

The OP is selling everything???

How much for the wife??thumbsup.gif

Den

• Like 1

You cannot sell everything.

just paste your ads in the lift of your apartment. Enumerate them. Put the prices.

Prices should be half or lower than half of Big-C, Lotus, or ...

If your prices still match the prices in the market, then forget it. Just carry what you can when you leave.

Your friends will be happy if you give the rest to them.

Have been there and wear the T Shirt. Sorry to say OIP that what you consider to be effects worth a million, are basically worthless. I moved from HK to Manila, sold a few things, gave the rest to charity. After 6 years moved to BKK, kept what I needed to furnish my Manila Condo (to rent), what was left I gave to charity, from Manila to Bangkok. 10 years in Bangkok, left (see Manila) in my rented out Condo gave the rest to a Charity for kids.

And in all of my charity donations I quite happily paid the transportation fees.

You cannot recapture the past, what you see as 1m Baht is your memory, goods such as this to others are for the down and outs !!scroungers.

• Like 1

Maybe the OP needs to sell to get home. The lot of you could be a bit more helpful in your posts.

I would say that being realistic is helpful. And some posters seem genuinely interested in what he may be selling.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Maybe the OP needs to sell to get home. The lot of you could be a bit more helpful in your posts.

You are quite right I was definitely less than helpful and I apologise. I withdraw the Big Skip remark.

Den

• Like 2