Does Anyone On This Form Every Go To Karaoke Bars In Bangkok?

I just been to a karaoke bar here in bangkok and what suprised me is, the way they put the prices. i mean they are dirt cheep like 80-90 baht for a large heineken bottle, wow, but what was more the case is the other prices like i would pay 15 baht for a bucket of ice while a soft drink, soda, orange juice, bottle of water would all cost the same as the bucket of ice?? :o what i think logically the ice should be cheaper than the pepsi, small of water and the soda while the orange juice should be more expensive like that would make more sence...

like wherever i been in the world thats how i works... :D how does this work with these karaoke bars in bangkok? Does anyone know anything about that ? i would appreciate any explainations. Thanks

I just been to a karaoke bar here in bangkok and what suprised me is, the way they put the prices. i mean they are dirt cheep like 80-90 baht for a large heineken bottle, wow, but what was more the case is the other prices like i would pay 15 baht for a bucket of ice while a soft drink, soda, orange juice, bottle of water would all cost the same as the bucket of ice?? :D what i think logically the ice should be cheaper than the pepsi, small of water and the soda while the orange juice should be more expensive like that would make more sence...

like wherever i been in the world thats how i works... :D how does this work with these karaoke bars in bangkok? Does anyone know anything about that ? i would appreciate any explainations. Thanks

Speaking as the Legal Advisor for the Karaoke Owners Association, I feel you are being most unfair :D My clients only make 5 baht on the ice, 5 baht on bucket rental, 5 baht on soft drinks, and 35 baht on the Heineken. Yet you think the Heineken is cheap! :D

You did not mention tips for ladies. :o

Like, i guess what I mean is, like you're not in another country now, you're in, like Thailand. And well, what I mean is, that is how things are here.

dude i rather you stay clear of my topics, you absolutely seem to know nothing about the entertainment business specailly in thailand and in any case the moderators are scubing your posts off so dont waste your precious time and look for other posters to pick on, ok?

ice thing is very simple,

sit in a karoke bar long enough and you will see lots of thai men coming in with bottles of whiskey or buying whole bottle from the bar.in fact some bars only sell it by the bottle.so ice is a way of getting some profit out of them.otherwise they would make ######all.

problem solved ya know like

I stand by my original response. While I agree that I know nothing about the entertainment business in, like Bangkok (and neither do I care), I'm warmed to the bottom of my heart that the OP hasnt received a single sensible reply to his post.

I mean that kinda like suggests it was a pretty lame question in the first place, particularly from a self-confessed high rolling club owner.

I mean . like .. dude. Really!

It's very simple. Ice is expensive because it's a high demand commodity. The laws of economics are very easy to understand. A high demand commodity fetches a high price. Ice might not be charged for in other countries because the free market wouldnt accept it; in Thailand, it is.

You're not in Kansas now, Dorothy.

Alright then, just thought i would drop a question on here thinking maybe someone who has experience with bars or frequents karaoke bars in bangkok knows some specific reason for the prices being exactly the same, it figures the owner seems to lack experience or is too lazy to study his prices a little more and decided to just put the same prices on everything excluding the alcoholic beverages.

I should have noticed that before i post this question since its obvious most of the poeple running karaoke bars in bangkok seem to have came into this business outta the blue with no background whatsoever in the entertainment industry.