Protesters in Bangkok rise to Suthep's call

webfact

I never cease to be amazed by all the red shirt hugging numpties on this forum.

The Shinawatras could go out devouring all new born babies and they'd still be heroes to them.

Still, it keeps me chuckling away

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shinawatras could go out devouring all new born babies and they'd still be heroes to them.

You have 2 groups:

Communists who think they can get Thaksin as vehicle to change the political order in Thailand

people who get their profit from it in some way...for example all parties in all countries higher some PR agencies

"devouring all new born babies"

Personally I think reducing global population-growth would be a very good thing, although I'd agree that that particular method would be OTT, shades of 'Soylent Green' ! rolleyes.gif

You have 2 groups:

Communists who think they can get Thaksin as vehicle to change the political order in Thailand

people who get their profit from it in some way...for example all parties in all countries higher some PR agencies

And you have a third group, all the poor people from the villages in Isaan etc. who have been completely ignored by all Thai political parties throughout the history of Thailand as a Country, & whatever his faults, as we all know there are many, he has actually done a few things for the rural poor of this Country, AND THEY LOVE HIM FOR IT...

Sad but true, had some of the Bangkok-centric parties & power bases taken, after all what are the majority of this country into consideration, instead of trying to keep them as ignorant & stupid as they possibly could for their own ends, this country would possibly not be in the mess it is in today...

So maybe some of you rabidly anti Thaksinite Falangs who have no actual say in what happens in this Country should stop & think a little before you spout your BS.....

You have 2 groups:

And you have a third group, all the poor people from the villages in Isaan etc. who have been completely ignored by all Thai political parties throughout the history of Thailand as a Country, & whatever his faults, as we all know there are many, he has actually done a few things for the rural poor of this Country, AND THEY LOVE HIM FOR IT...

Sad but true, had some of the Bangkok-centric parties & power bases taken, after all what are the majority of this country into consideration, instead of trying to keep them as ignorant & stupid as they possibly could for their own ends, this country would possibly not be in the mess it is in today...

So maybe some of you rabidly anti Thaksinite Falangs who have no actual say in what happens in this Country should stop & think a little before you spout your BS.....

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu We had that 1000 times already from 2005 or so till now...

• Like 1

ramrod711 post # 10.

His son, Panthongtae, wrote on his Facebook page that his father, longing to come home, supported the bill on poor advice from some close aides.

We must remind Chalerm not to shake his head as he might just find he has already been decapitated. whistling.gif .

zyphodb post # 97

If you were to come to my village in Isaan and the surrounding villages here in Amphur Sangkha and canvass the opinions of the poor uneducated locals (your words of judgement on the locals in Isaan) you would find that your comments are far off of target. The locals are all well aware of how they have been duped and have no love for Thaksin or the P.T.P..

Now what pat of Isaan do you live and work in?

• Like 1

zyphodb post # 97

If you were to come to my village in Isaan and the surrounding villages here in Amphur Sangkha and canvass the opinions of the poor uneducated locals (your words of judgement on the locals in Isaan) you would find that your comments are far off of target. The locals are all well aware of how they have been duped and have no love for Thaksin or the P.T.P..

I was kind of hoping he knew some thing and was going to tell us all about the good Thaksin did for the poor and down trodden people in Issan. The only time I spent in a village in Issan there was not even a satellite dish in the town. The local store reminded me of a out of stock miniature 7 11. Hardly any thing in it. Maybe 2 street lights.

I may be wrong but I have been under the belief that people are leaving Issan to get work and send money back to support their families.

In reality since I am Farang I don't care if the Thais protest into eternity.

I am a foreigner, too, but I do care if they protest into eternity. While all this protesting and quibbling is going on, it is badly damaging peoples' livelihoods.

Mine and my wife's, for example.

You have piqued my curiosity. How is a political rally damaging your livelihood?

(I really am curious but I will not fault you for not answering if you choose not to.)

This is not about you, or me, or even foreigners here. This is a battle in no small part about money politics and about the future of democracy in Thailand. I would be much happier if Suthep were not on the stage but not everything changes all at once.

Because our business relies on events, exhibitions, concerts, product launches, parties etc. All that has been cancelled or put off indefinitely.

I know it is not about me. Most Thai people don't give a rat ass about foreigners (we're rich, remember?) I think some people misunderstood. What I was trying to say was that I hope it does not go on for eternity, or a very long time.

I am sure the protests are with good cause, but it is very damaging to many small businesses.

Just like the yellows, reds and the floods.

• Like 1

I smell a coup around the corner.

They come in cycles ... and the next is overdue already. tongue.png

Not funny.

A coup would be the WORST that could happen. The Army knows this and has no interest in it either.

It backfired on them last time, too.

Their vested interests are not under threat, now. They will not act. YL has probably made a deal with them already.

• Like 1

EvilDr --

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure that some events etc in certain areas have been cancelled or put on hold but by far and away life is going on as normal. The fall-out from living and doing business in a politically unstable country can be enormous but if I had my 'druthers this episode would go on until it reached some terminal conclusion instead of just being put on the back burner again. better 3 months now than 1 month every year for the foreseeable future! Every year this goes on it will drive more international events away from Thailand for a longer and longer time.

You have 2 groups:

And you have a third group, all the poor people from the villages in Isaan etc. who have been completely ignored by all Thai political parties throughout the  history of Thailand as a Country, & whatever his faults, as we all know there are many, he has actually done a few things for the rural poor of this Country, AND THEY LOVE HIM FOR IT...

Just back from a week in Loei.

Thaksin has well and truly lost his shine.

They need a champion for sure. But not him in a million years

The money involved in this is astounding.

Two of my neighbours are paid 2000THB per day to attend this fiasco in BKK. 2000thb!!!!!!!bah.gif

Wonder how many would show up if no money was paid and they went because they BELIEVED in this cause?

BS!

I suppose the opportunity has now long gone but a referendum whould have been a good idea. My suspicion is the Govt. would not want this as they would lose, and the opposition would not want it because they really just want another coup, which seems to happen every time they lose power democratically, rather ironic that considering their name.

Another alternative would be to pack up and do away ewith this facade of democracy and simply hand the reigns of power back to the military and courts as ultimately these bodies decide on anything important anyway.

zyphodb post # 97

I was kind of hoping he knew some thing and was going to tell us all about the good Thaksin did for the poor and down trodden people in Issan. The only time I spent in a village in Issan there was not even a satellite dish in the town. The local store reminded me of a out of stock miniature 7 11. Hardly any thing in it. Maybe 2 street lights.

I may be wrong but I have been under the belief that people are leaving Issan to get work and send money back to support their families.

I haven't been in Thailand long enough to tell you exactly what he did for the Isaan villages apart from paying them up to 500 Bht each to vote for PTP, (totally undemocratic I know) & actually acknowledging their existence, but when you consider that's more than any of the other party's have done for them it's not surprising they are all red shirts even if they're not sure about Thaksin anymore, which certainly in my area, Chaiyaphum I doubt.

I'm not a Thaksin supporter anymore than I'm a Abisit one, I don't have a vote here & as far as I can see, all Thai politicians are as bad as each other, they have only one reason for getting themselves into power, & that is to enrich themselves & their Families as much as they can, which is exactly the reason the people of Isaan will keep voting PTP unless someone comes along & makes them a better offer... until this life view changes in this Country, & I won't hold my breath, all the political talk is just hot air as far as I can see, whoever can bribe the masses with the most Money wins, simple...

EvilDr --

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure that some events etc in certain areas have been cancelled or put on hold but by far and away life is going on as normal. The fall-out from living and doing business in a politically unstable country can be enormous but if I had my 'druthers this episode would go on until it reached some terminal conclusion instead of just being put on the back burner again. better 3 months now than 1 month every year for the foreseeable future! Every year this goes on it will drive more international events away from Thailand for a longer and longer time.

This is practically an exact repetition of what red shirt supporters on here were saying during the 2010 demonstrations. Just an observation.

• Like 1

Suthep will make a good PM.

He is smart, good looking, clean, knowledgeable, wise, intelligent, honest, humble, modest, and most importantly, un-corruptible.

An ideal candidate to join TRT/PPP/PTP/whatever-they're-called-this-week, then ? whistling.gif

One can only hope for some competent new younger faces to emerge, in Thai politics, and that the familiar dinosaurs slowly become extinct, or are promoted sideways to inactive posts in the elephants' graveyard ! laugh.png

But I suspect that most new faces will turn out to be younger-members, of familiar well-established political families, as usual. sad.png