Repeated request for O-negative blood in Pattaya

george

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what mine or my wife's Blood group is, but we will be going to the Clinic and get it tested just in case we can help

Thanks for that! Even if you're not o negative, please donate. There is someone out there who may need it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Through PMs and phone calls I received over the last couple of days, there were some concerns that I like to clear up:

• uncomfortable to go to a government hospital as the private hospitals are "so much better".
    • It is about donating blood. A nurse can do that. No need for high end technology here. Apart from that only the two hospitals listed in this thread are authorized to draw blood. This is the Queen Sirikit in Satthahip and the Sm Dej in Sri Racha.
  • Potential O negative donor is afraid (from experience back in his home country) that he will get phone calls 24/7 from the Red Cross because his blood is needed once he is in a database.
    • You can opt out of the database. On the other hand, if YOU need blood, you will be thankful for everyone in the database. It goes both ways, but again, joining the database is optional.
  • Afraid that his blood goes elsewhere and not to the person in immediate need
    • You can allocate the blood to a specific receiver when you donate.

I hope this sorted some of the FAQ we had here. If you have any other questions you can reach me via PM or raro [at] thaivisa [dot] com

• 2 weeks later...