Moving to pattaya for good in next 5 years

28pattaya

The OP doesn't really know which way to turn.

Moving over to Pattaya until retirement age ? Then what ?

Been to central Pattaya many times, yet doesn't know how the land lies ?

If the OP buys a top-end condo, no need for education visa.

How can one live learning a language, who is obviously financially loaded, on that basis ?

How can anyone know what they're going to be doing in 4-5 years ?

How can anyone be able to stop working at 33, unless they come into an enormous amount of money ? and how would one be able to predict that 4-5 years ahead ?

The OP wants somewhere nice and peaceful, yet wants to be near Central. Isn't that a contradiction ?

Personally, I would recommend targeting Monte Carlo, reason being, it would suit a billionaires lifestyle far more than Pattaya.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving over to Pattaya until retirement age ? Then what ? Stay over here perhaps

Been to central Pattaya many times, yet doesn't know how the land lies ? No not explored it all

If the OP buys a top-end condo, no need for education visa. Who's says buying I'm renting

How can one live learning a language, who is obviously financially loaded, on that basis ? Me I can

How can anyone know what they're going to be doing in 4-5 years ? I do

How can anyone be able to stop working at 33, unless they come into an enormous amount of money ? and how would one be able to predict that 4-5 years ahead ? That's none of your business.

The OP wants somewhere nice and peaceful, yet wants to be near Central. Isn't that a contradiction ?

Personally, I would recommend targeting Monte Carlo, reason being, it would suit a billionaires lifestyle far more than Pattaya.

Answers above

Mate you ok? Don't you like people that have more money, who's says that is living a billionaire lifestyle

Why is there a majority of people on this forum that are so unhappy

Sorry posted , have a good day

Edited by 28pattaya
  • Like 1

Moving over to Pattaya until retirement age ? Then what ? Stay over here perhaps

Been to central Pattaya many times, yet doesn't know how the land lies ? No not explored it all

If the OP buys a top-end condo, no need for education visa. Who's says buying I'm renting

How can one live learning a language, who is obviously financially loaded, on that basis ? Me I can

How can anyone know what they're going to be doing in 4-5 years ? I do

How can anyone be able to stop working at 33, unless they come into an enormous amount of money ? and how would one be able to predict that 4-5 years ahead ? That's none of your business.

Answers above

Mate you ok? Don't you like people that have more money, who's says that is living a billionaire lifestyle

Why is there a majority of people on this forum that are so unhappy

Sorry posted , have a good day

Yes I am ok thank you.

More money ? More money than who ? Me ?

I would say the majority of people on this forum are very happy. We live in Pattaya.

We live here for all Pattaya has to offer, warts and all.

We winge because we are frustrated about things at times.

But we are positive.

Since everything including Visas will probably change in significant ways in the next year, not to mention in the next 4-5 years, it just doesn't make sense to try and plan long term.

Rentals are cheap and easy even in the top end of the market.

Note -- as of today it became much more difficult to get an ED visa for language schools.

• Like 1

Since everything including Visas will probably change in significant ways in the next year, not to mention in the next 4-5 years, it just doesn't make sense to try and plan long term.

Rentals are cheap and easy even in the top end of the market.

Note -- as of today it became much more difficult to get an ED visa for language schools.

My plan was to rent, and thanks for in E.D information I'm always looking into it

This place will be crawling with Chinese by that time. I cringe to think what the place will look like.

Have to agree.

I lived in Pat's for over 7 year's in the end it drove me mad moved out some 7 year's ago, I go back on the odd occasion 3 day's at the most, changed in that time you had better believe it now full of Russians Chinese Traffic horrendous.

As other's have said keep coming on holiday's and enjoy, but what ever you do don't make plan's yet unless you speak Russian of course. Why do I say that well 3 year's ago not one in sight now their every ware taken over restaurant's bar's and you being a non Russian are not made welcome. In 5 year's it'll change big time and maybe not for the better.

Tip NEVER buy rent as you'll never be able to sell regardless of what peep's say if you want to get out and believe me you will at some time you'll be stuck with it.

Best of luck with your dream's but just keep them as that, 5 year's is a life time, in Pat's 4 life time's.

• Like 1

Regardless of the <deleted> herein trying to tear the OP a new one; the link that the OP posted is about right location for central Dark Side. That website however shows artists concepts and some interiors from a catalog (?) so do not use that as any indication as to what that particular housing project will actually look like or what is already available out there. I would surf around some of the Pattaya-specific realtors websites for a better idea of what is where. Paying 75k/month is way OTT and a decent-sized place for the OP and a significant other would be half that price. Four bedrooms is a lot of space for a couple of people and the idea of having pool parties and guests over is... well, just an idea.

The Dark Side is east of Sukhumvit, west of 331, south of 36 and north of Huay Yai road.

• Like 1

Bs, bought my condo 12 years ago, its served me very well, it owes me nothing and is an asset for the wife when I’m gone.

bah.gif

This place will be crawling with Chinese by that time. I cringe to think what the place will look like.

Have to agree.
I lived in Pat's for over 7 year's in the end it drove me mad moved out some 7 year's ago, I go back on the odd occasion 3 day's at the most, changed in that time you had better believe it now full of Russians Chinese Traffic horrendous.
As other's have said keep coming on holiday's and enjoy, but what ever you do don't make plan's yet unless you speak Russian of course. Why do I say that well 3 year's ago not one in sight now their every ware taken over restaurant's bar's and you being a non Russian are not made welcome. In 5 year's it'll change big time and maybe not for the better.
Tip NEVER buy rent as you'll never be able to sell regardless of what peep's say if you want to get out and believe me you will at some time you'll be stuck with it.
Best of luck with your dream's but just keep them as that, 5 year's is a life time, in Pat's 4 life time's.

Bs, bought my condo 12 years ago, its served me very well, it owes me nothing and is an asset for the wife when Im gone.

bah.gif

Have to agree.

If you re-read my post you will see that I said when you sell it.

You haven't whether it has served you well is immaterial try and sell it and you will find out what you will get and how long it would take.

Have had several friend's in the past who owned condo's all have lost monies in all but one case over 40% having to reduce the price just to get it off their hand's so before you put B/S just read and try and put you brain in gear before you post.

Edited by fredob43

You haven't whether it has served you well is immaterial try and sell it and you will find out what you will get and how long it would take.

Have had several friend's in the past who owned condo's all have lost monies in all but one case over 40% having to reduce the price just to get it off their hand's so before you put B/S just read and try and put you brain in gear before you post.

Another know it all. How do you know he wants to sell it?? Stop trying to depress him just becuase you are depressed. Can 'never' sell a condo? Well I sold my condo in Park Lane this year, admittidly it took a while but I DID sell it, and made a small profit to boot, so put your brain in gear before you post.

Another know it all. How do you know he wants to sell it?? Stop trying to depress him just becuase you are depressed. Can 'never' sell a condo? Well I sold my condo in Park Lane this year, admittidly it took a while but I DID sell it, and made a small profit to boot, so put your brain in gear before you post.

Yet another Peep's that doesn't read my post then post drivel, Where did I state that he wanted to sell it???

No not a know it all I just stated fact's about friend's of mine who had lost several £K when they sold their place's.

I can assure you I'm not depressed in fact quite the opposite.

I moved out as I have already stated now live a much better life in the middle of Thailand have a 5 double bedroom house 6 wet room's costing just over £14,000 got that 6 year's ago now worth in excess of 4m bt. Try that in Pattaya, you can dream on all you like about how good life is there but you only have to look at Pattaya news to see that it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

Yet another Peep's that doesn't read my post then post drivel, Where did I state that he wanted to sell it???

No not a know it all I just stated fact's about friend's of mine who had lost several £K when they sold their place's.

I moved out as I have already stated now live a much better life in the middle of Thailand have a 5 double bedroom house 6 wet room's costing just over £14,000 got that 6 year's ago now worth in excess of 4m bt. Try that in Pattaya, you can dream on all you like about how good life is there but you only have to look at Pattaya news to see that it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

It's a shame you will never be able to sell it.

If you've moved on why you still on the Pattaya forum? I mean life is so exciting in the jungle isn't it. Now off you trot to get your somtam and sticky rice.

If you've moved on why you still on the Pattaya forum? I mean life is so exciting in the jungle isn't it. Now off you trot to get your somtam and sticky rice.

Ooooohhh... handbags!

I used to live there and like to keep up with what's going on.

At present stuck in England mum not been well.

Re the selling I was offered by a Thai family about 6 month's ago 4m hence I know what it's worth. Must admit that I have spent monies on it now stand's me in just under 1m bt

Why is it that any where outside Pat's is a jungle I happen to live in a so called city mid Thailand and I can assure you I don't lack for anything, one good thing is I pay Thai prices for all the bit's I buy not the inflated over the top Pat price's. Maybe you should get out more.

Edited by fredob43

Bs, bought my condo 12 years ago, its served me very well, it owes me nothing and is an asset for the wife when Im gone.

bah.gif src="http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/bah.gif" alt=bah.gif>

Have to agree.

FYI, I could sell my condo for twice the price I paid for it, within a month.

If I wanted the so called market value for it, think it would still be for sale three years latter like all the others around town, Price and Location are big factors when talking about condos or houses for sale or to buy.

Not all people are losers on this subject.

But I’m happy with what I bought, it’s my home and I still love it. Not for sale.

Most people who talk like yourself on forums are just angry at the mistakes they have already made.

Good luck to youcoffee1.gif

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

I heard this study place is rated the best and it's only to learn it so I can get visa,

Only reason I need to wait 4-5 years is I'm stuck here in glasgow with my business, but after that time I can happily move

Do you understood that you do not and would not qualify for a Thai Retirement Visa and you would not qualify in 4-5 years? You must be over 50 to get that. I am not saying that there are not other ways to stay for long periods of time in Thailand, and good for you if your finances allow you to not have to work. But I would caution you on your approach to staying in Thailand.

Just a question. If I buy a 1 way ticket to thailand then must I leave thailand within a certain period?

You may have trouble getting to Thailand with a one way ticket. Many airlines will not let you board without proof of onward travel. Some Visas in hand will get you on later. If you do get into Thailand, then you may get the 30 day visa on arrival if you are from one of a few dozen countries. After that, I refer you to the Visa forum for all the types of Thai Visas, penalties for overstay, etc.

Just a question. If I buy a 1 way ticket to thailand then must I leave thailand within a certain period?

You may have trouble getting to Thailand with a one way ticket. Many airlines will not let you board without proof of onward travel. Some Visas in hand will get you on later. If you do get into Thailand, then you may get the 30 day visa on arrival if you are from one of a few dozen countries. After that, I refer you to the Visa forum for all the types of Thai Visas, penalties for overstay, etc.

I'm from Singapore and I do not require a visa to go Thailand.

You may have trouble getting to Thailand with a one way ticket.  Many airlines will not let you board without proof of onward travel.  Some Visas in hand will get you on later.  If you do get into Thailand, then you may get the 30 day visa on arrival if you are from one of a few dozen countries.  After that, I refer you to the Visa forum for all the types of Thai Visas, penalties for overstay, etc.

You will get a visa on entry like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I'm from Australia and dont require a visa to go to Thailand ;)

When they stamp your passport, that's a 'visa exemption'. Last time I checked, the only folk who get it easy in the arrivals hall are Thais - still the only time I've ever wished I was Thai. Unless I've missed a special line exclusively for ASEAN visitors, you queue in those same hideous lines and wait to have your passport stamped - happy to hear otherwise.

• Like 1

Pattaya in 5 years? With infra-structure problems that overwhelm the city already? Roads that can not be made wider to accommodate ever increasing traffic. Parking spaces where? A good rain and whole neighborhoods turn into flood areas. A sewage disposal system that exists on paper etc etc.........Current state of affairs. What's it going to be 5 years from now?

But in 5 years time, OP may find true condo-bargains. Especially condos bought by the Bangkok-Elite as a "weekend-retreat". Once they realize that it takes 4 hours to get to Pattaya and 4 hours back to Bangkok, those condos will be for sale at a very good price.

OP: 2 million Pounds, with a life expectancy of 40 to 50 years, is by far not enough. Face it !

Cheers.

I'm from Australia and dont require a visa to go to Thailand wink.png

When they stamp your passport, that's a 'visa exemption'. Last time I checked, the only folk who get it easy in the arrivals hall are Thais - still the only time I've ever wished I was Thai. Unless I've missed a special line exclusively for ASEAN visitors, you queue in those same hideous lines and wait to have your passport stamped - happy to hear otherwise.

My answer to the OP's question about a one way ticket was meant to point out that some airlines won't let you get on the plane and fly to Thailand with just a one way ticket and no proof or reason for no onward travel. The Visa aspects are secondary.