fare to uk

Hi i would like to know if it is possible for my girlfriend to get a one way ticket to the uk.

she has just recieved her six months visa

also is there any way i can pay from the uk for her ticket using my credit card

Thank you

Edited by pom66

because we dont know exactly when she will return

It will be within 6 months !

Standard practice (if you really haven't sorted out a return date) is to book a 6 month ticket with the ability to change the date.

Arranged this recently for a friend's wife and EVA had no charge for a change of date on a 3 month ticket. She was not allowed to enter the UK until she showed a return ticket.

Given the emphasis placed on 'reasons to return to Thailand' when issuing a visa, I imagine that UK immigration could be quite strict on this.

In your position I would want to hear from someone whose partner has successfully entered on a single ticket. Someone like TV member 'Old Git' may have some experience of this - suggest you PM him.

Edited by Jip99

Thank you i will ring EVA air and enquire

Not trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs but I believe that you will have to book online and pay in Baht (always more expensive BKK/LHR than the other way round).

I do have contact details for a lady travel agent who used to work for EVA - she has usually saved me a couple of thousand Baht on a flight. PM me if you would like her details.

I can't answer the fares question, except to say that most airlines do open ended returns where the date can be changed or confirmed later and this is generally cheaper than buying two singles.

As far as a visitor entering the UK the rule is quite simple.

She must be able, if asked at UK immigration, to show that she either has a return/onward ticket or the means with which to purchase one. If she can't do either she may very well be refused entry.

If the latter, the funds for this can be hers, yours, a third party's or any combination of these.

Whether she will be asked or not, I can't say; most visitors aren't.

Not trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs but I believe that you will have to book online and pay in Baht (always more expensive BKK/LHR than the other way round).

Not at all. Phone WestEast Travel in London. They will give you quote and if you buy then they'll also negate the requirement of producing credit card at Swampy and you settle fare in Sterling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not at all. Phone WestEast Travel in London. They will give you quote and if you buy then they'll also negate the requirement of producing credit card at Swampy and you settle fare in Sterling.

That is quite useful then in the fight against terrorism ??

Jip99. What has that got to do with the OP's question. Get a grip.

Because, according to their website West East don't do BKK/LHR and if paying by credit card the currency is determined by the point of departure. Obviously, the transaction will be converted to Sterling - usually at a disadvantageous rate of exchange!n But, it will be priced in Baht.

I guess a clue is in the name.........

I also thought that the CAA required all travelers to present (at check in) the credit card used to pay for the flight. I believed that was to prevent Osama bin Laden buying me an American Airlines flight in HIS Barclaycard! I will stand corrected on that.

Edited by Jip99

Jip99. What has that got to do with the OP's question. Get a grip.

Because, according to their website West East don't do BKK/LHR and if paying by credit card the currency is determined by the point of departure. Obviously, the transaction will be converted to Sterling - usually at a disadvantageous rate of exchange!n But, it will be priced in Baht.

I guess a clue is in the name.........

I also thought that the CAA required all travelers to present (at check in) the credit card used to pay for the flight. I believed that was to prevent Osama bin Laden buying me an American Airlines flight in HIS Barclaycard! I will stand corrected on that.

At least partly right:-

These rules apply for all bookings made on emirates.com:

1. In some countries, for security reasons, the holder of the credit card used to book a ticket or group of tickets must be one of the travellers on that itinerary, and will be required to show the credit card at the airport check-in counter prior to receiving boarding passes. In other countries, the card holder does not have to be one of the travellers. See our Online Booking Basics FAQs for information on how to find out which countries allow this.
  2. When booking travel originating from some specific countries, the credit card used to make the online payment for this booking will be verified at the time of check-in. If you are not able to produce the card used for payment of booking at the time of check-in, you will not be allowed to fly. If this applies to you, you will be notified during the booking process.

just rang EastWest travel they wanted £1000?

Try Southall Travel, Pom, and is obviously dependent at what time of year she will fly and a duration of six month stay.

I paid £400 for my wife's one way direct to LHR on Thai and that was three years ago.

A flight originating from BKK direct return will be a minimum of £850 anyway. Cheap, it isn't.

You havnt stated it, but, I hope the visa application stated she is staying for 6 months if thats the intention ? Dont make the mistake of stating 3 months for example, and then thinking because the visa states 6 months thats what we'll do. She "may"come unstuck on arrival or later when next applying.

Just a word of caution.

• Like 1

just rang EastWest travel they wanted £1000?

Try Southall Travel, Pom, and is obviously dependent at what time of year she will fly and a duration of six month stay.

I paid £400 for my wife's one way direct to LHR on Thai and that was three years ago.

A flight originating from BKK direct return will be a minimum of £850 anyway. Cheap, it isn't.

Mai chai Woolly.

Under 40,000 Baht for a late November flight (got one for a friend for 34,000 Baht a couple of weeks ago)

Leave BKK departure until the middle of June and you will get 37,000 Baht.

Direct flights

yes the visa is a multi and valid for 180 days

she applied for a six month

Yes, I inderstand that, thats a standard minimum issue, but what did she state as her duration of stay? If that was also 6 months then no worries, but if she stated 3 on the application (example) and stays longer it could be a problem, that was the point I was trying to make,

yes she stated for six months

by the way i have just been informed by air india that i can book online for her and pay by credit card and all i have to do is send her a copy of the front of my credit card and sign it stating that i paid and that will be sufficient for her to travel

• Like 1

My wife has flown by herself with both Jet Airways and Air India with no problems at all.

For her first flight, I emailed her a copy of what Jet said they wanted (both sides of my card, the flight legs the ticket was for, and my signature confirming that I bought the ticket for her) I blanked out enough details so that no-one could use the card.

No-one asked for it.

She asked me how she would change planes, as she had never had to do that before. I told her to get off the first plane and get on the next one (the boarding card has the gate number on it).

She got off the first plane and got on the next one. As far as I can tell, she didn't need anyone to hold her hand, and the cottonwool onesie was surplus to requirements.

I read a lot of reviews for the various airlines and most of the comments were about food and service (good and bad). None of those applied to my wife. She wouldn't eat it anyway (it's not Thai food) and the service doesn't really matter if you're not eating the food, all they do is bring you food!

I paid around £530 for her first flight in 2011, about £650 in 2012 and £621 for this year's flight.

Skyscanner.net

Edited by bifftastic
  • Like 1