Chuwit asks Suthep to understand "Mr Green Tea"

webfact

Chuwit asks Suthep to understand "Mr Green Tea"

chuwit-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rak Prathet Thai (Love Thailand) party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit pleaded with Ratchadamnoen protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban to understand and be fair with wellknown businessman Tan Pasakornnathee, producer of the Ishitan brand bottled green tea.

A campaign is being waged in the social media by protest supporters to boycott the Ishitan green tea after Mr Tan was quoted to have said that only a small number of people joined the protest.

Suthep, said Mr Chuwit in his message posted on his Facebook page, asked the protesters to stop drinking the green tea because Mr Tan’s remark about the protest.

Like any other businessmen, Mr Chuwit said that Mr Tan didn’t want to take side in the current political conflict. These businessmen, he added, often chose to side with the winner which is the government camp. And if any of them chose to take side with the Opposition, they would be subjected to persecution by government authorities such as their accounting books would be checked and rechecked by revenue officials to find out if they intentionally evaded taxes or not or their businesses would be investigated.

Businessmen are not like politicians who can quarrel with the government and no officials bother to find fault with them, said the Love Thailand party leader.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuwit-asks-suthep-understand-mr-green-tea/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-14

Look who's talking. Here's how it goes:

- You establish illegal, unethical, and immoral businesses in Thailand.

- You run this business until you become a billionaire tycoon.

- You've established yourself enough to seemingly 'disconnect' from the same businesses.

- You enter politics and and position yourself as a person against corruption.

- You start lecturing people on what you think is morally right.

And the funny part in all this, this person is elected by the so-called educated in Thailand. Give me a break.

The difference is, he has come clean. The rest of them are still spinning the same lies to cover the same old tricks.

I forgot to add that - thanks for pointing this out.

- You've established yourself enough to seemingly 'disconnect' from the same businesses.

- You come clean after you've established an empire from your corrupt businesses.

Edited by prighas

And if any of them chose to take side with the Opposition, they would be subjected to persecution by government authorities such as their accounting books would be checked and rechecked by revenue officials to find out if they intentionally evaded taxes or not or their businesses would be investigated

Or the relevant authority might see if you had a demolition license covering the lower Suk area. .

• Like 2

Suthep is such a nice guy :rolleyes:

Whoever says that just few people join the protest will face the same fate as his targeted opponents and enemies...

Suthep is getting insane... I think he sees himself as an emperor of something... ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Wonder what is worst for "Mr Green Tea" the boycott-call from Suthep or the the support from "scum of the earth" Chuwit??whistling.gif

Btw. I thought Chuwit was sentenced to 5 years in jail last year, for his own version of "city-planning":

post-137512-0-68291800-1384397110_thumb.

post-137512-0-56980900-1384397253_thumb.

Edited by soi41

And the funny part in all this, this person is elected by the so-called educated in Thailand. Give me a break.

The difference is, he has come clean. The rest of them are still spinning the same lies to cover the same old tricks.

So he is not using illegally made money to fund his party?

I agree with you on this 100% except for:-

1) His businesses were not illegal, unethical or immoral. They were legally licenced massage businesses.

2) Why not run a legal business to make money? That's the idea of running a business. Would you work for nothing?

3) He hasn't "seemingly" disconnected from those businesses, he has disconnected from them completely.

4) What is wrong with adopting a stand against corruption, particularly if you have no part in corruption whilst supporting that stand?

5) He's not giving anyone a moral lecture, he's simply supporting a local businessman.

And you're right, of course, he was elected. Sensibly, it seems. That's how it goes.

You come down with the last shower? Yeah of course he has disconnected. I like Chuvit and the way he stands against corruption etc, but it really is hypocritical and a fox guarding the hen house scenario.

You come down with the last shower? Yeah of course he has disconnected. I like Chuvit and the way he stands against corruption etc, but it really is hypocritical and a fox guarding the hen house scenario.

One could say the same about Suthep though he, unlike the zany Chuwit, is of course not in any way likeable.

And returning to the thread subject matter Mr Green Tea was speaking no more than the truth.

Edited by jayboy
  • Like 1

I agree with you on this 100% except for:-

1) His businesses were not illegal, unethical or immoral. They were legally licenced massage businesses.

2) Why not run a legal business to make money? That's the idea of running a business. Would you work for nothing?

3) He hasn't "seemingly" disconnected from those businesses, he has disconnected from them completely.

4) What is wrong with adopting a stand against corruption, particularly if you have no part in corruption whilst supporting that stand?

5) He's not giving anyone a moral lecture, he's simply supporting a local businessman.

And you're right, of course, he was elected. Sensibly, it seems. That's how it goes.

Well actually the conduct of his businesses was illegal , that is why he had to pay millions of baht

to the police to avoid being shut down. But the really funny part is that he apparently has extensive

documentation/video footage of his payments to the police, as well as records of powerful politicians

using his " massage" services. That is why he is untouchable, and is still above ground.

But yeah, Chuwit playing moral crusader is very funny if you know his past. If the Thai dictionary

contains the word irony, which I am pretty sure it does not, there would be a little picture of

Chuwit next to the word irony. Think he really is just amusing himself . He exposed a few gambling

dens, which probably reopened the following week down the road but now are paying increased protection

money to the police..........

Regarding Mr. Green Tea, instead of sucking up to the government by making disparaging remarks about the attendance at the rally, he should learn to keep his mouth shut..... I was in a taxi once, and the driver asked me in Thai if I like Thaksin. I told him that Thaksin was the worst thing that ever happened to Thailand. He stopped the cab, and told me to get out. Lesson? Opinions are not appreciated in Thailand.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

Perhaps we should consider the message rather than the messenger. That is, companies that do not support this government they will be harassed. Simply put, abuse of power and extortion.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 2

Perhaps we should consider the message rather than the messenger. That is, if companies that do not support this government will be harassed. simply put, abuse of power and extortion.

Despite all the good will on this thread, you are now suggesting Chuvit is a paid for goon? Blimey that was a quick turn around.

Regarding Mr. Green Tea, instead of sucking up to the government by making disparaging remarks about the attendance at the rally, he should learn to keep his mouth shut..... I was in a taxi once, and the driver asked me in Thai if I like Thaksin. I told him that Thaksin was the worst thing that ever happened to Thailand. He stopped the cab, and told me to get out. Lesson? Opinions are not appreciated in Thailand.

Your comparison is invalid.He was noting an incontestable fact.You were expressing a personal and subjective opinion.

Your comparison is invalid.He was noting an incontestable fact.You were expressing a personal and subjective opinion.

Wrong. I noted a fact as well..... Events occurring right now are an ongoing proof of that... :-)

with this list he might be one of the cleanest politician in Thailand.

• Like 2

How is stating that only a small number attended a rally "an incontestable fact"? Even if they fitted turnstiles or sold tickets, the exact number would never be known, and the perception of that would still be relative.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

What exactly is unethical and immoral about sex ?

• Like 1

It is interesting that you do not see many economic boycotts here in Thailand. They are fairly common in the

western world. I think the insane libel laws here generally prevent anybody calling for a boycott of a product

of a company, as the company would sue in court saying the person calling for the boycott had damaged the

company.....

One could say the same about Suthep though he, unlike the zany Chuwit, is of course not in any way likeable.

And returning to the thread subject matter Mr Green Tea was speaking no more than the truth.

Always good to see someone trying to present their personal opinions and political spins as facts.

50,000 protesters on the streets, countless calls against the whitewash attempt by numerous business and professional associations. Yingluck in a state of panic judging from her irrational speeches. A businessman portrays this as " a few protesters" on his fb for whatever reasons, and a government sympathizer hails it as the truth !

I guess some interpret the word truth as meaning their version of it.

• Like 1

Wrong. I noted a fact as well..... Events occurring right now are an ongoing proof of that... :-)

So you are unable to distinguish between a fact and an opinion.I will keep that in mind when reading your posts.